You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Stanley Hotel Car Pic

Real Ghost Stories

Stanley Hotel Car Pic

 

The day was January 26th 2015, I'm a Colorado native and love to ghost hunt. My cousin and her wife decided to go to the famous Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO. So I decided to tag along, this is not really a story but what was captured in a picture taken by my cousin's wife when she notice a ghost in the car window. I labeled the picture and will list what I see (you may have to save the photo and zoom in):

Stanley Hotel Car Pic 2

Stanley Hotel Car Pic 1

1. Full face,hair, eyes, mouth and neck/shoulders. To me the image almost looks like a zombie.

2. Full face, hair, eyes, mouth. To me the image almost looks like a zombie.

3. Is not human, looks to be a demonic creature, almost dragon like, the tail is speared like and if you zoom in you can see the bones of the spine of the creature and the head with eyes.

4. Full face, eyes, nose and open mouth. The image appears to be possible female and in a shocked state, meaning her mouth is wide open as if someone scared her. (Also note when I was adding the yellow squares and red numbers, the picture in my phone and the picture on the computer were not the same, the ghost was the same but the way she was positioned is different.)

5. Zoom IN! It appears to be eyes and a nose, can see the right ear. Face appears to be disfigured.

6. Zoom In! This ghost is really hard to see and it took me awhile to spot her! The female appears to have shoulder length hair and wearing an old Victorian dress or night gown, this one really messes with me, because sometime she appears young and other times almost angelic when I have viewed this picture at different times or showed other people.

I remember when I first looked at this image, I believe at one time we counted 19 ghosts in the picture, this is the reason why I'm adding this "story", number one to get your thoughts on the ghost that may be captured here and two to see if anyone else can spot the missing ghost or if people have similar stories. Like I said, I believe this image may have changed and some ghost are forever stuck in this image and others were freed somehow/someway...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lambdachi0108, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CuriousNEwoman (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-18)
Hi.
I wanted to say I looked... I zoomed... I couldn't see anything like you discribed. I'm sorry.
I too would like to know why you took the pic of the car window to begin with. Did you see what you thought were "the spirits" so you decided to take a pic?
I really wanted to see what you see/saw...but I can't and I feel disappointed in myself cause I DO believe...
But thanks for submitting.
Keep trying!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
What? Ghosts are stuck in a photo? 😕 I know I'm tired but that makes no sense, perhaps this is part of a cultural belief?

Granny, I thought the same thing, why was this photo taken? 😕

Lambdachi, I'm bad at finding ghosts in photos so my saying 'I can't find anything' doesn't really mean much. But I must admit I think ya'll are reading a bit too much into this.
I know this is like weeks old and that, but could you PLEASE explain what the heck you mean by ghosts being stuck in a photo? I'm finding it a bit on the amusing side, sorry!
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-11)
Thanks for sharing these photos.

I can clearly see a figure in the first photo. No doubt about it. She's standing just behind the photographer, he's wearing sun glasses and has a blue t-shirt.

Lambdachi0108, were you aware of ANYONE standing behind your cousin when that photo was taken? You said your cousins WIFE took the photo, if so, then who is that woman standing behind her left shoulder? She looks pretty "solid" but you never can tell...

I can also see a car that needs a good wash, and lots of normal reflections, as other perceptive members have pointed out.

Regards

Mack
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
7 years ago (2017-05-11)
lamdachi: May I ask why the picture was taken to begin with? It seems odd to just snap a photo of a car window 😆.

Anyway, I agree with BeautInside about this being a classic case of pareidolia. You may know it in the terms used by TV ghost hunters as "matrixing". It's a basic primal safety mechanism, if you will, of our brains to pick out human faces and also familiar forms/shapes where there are none. If you've ever seen a kangaroo or whale or sailboat, etc., in the clouds you've experienced pareidolia.

I would be interested in reading about your experience/s in the Hotel, though!

Thank you for posting.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-11)
I have the same opinion as rookdygin for number 2 and 3 in picture2.
Hmm... For these it is hard to prove that if there is any encounter...

Thanks for sharing anyway! I enjoyed debunking and checking things out so, yes, good one!

E.Lynx
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-05-11)
After taking a longer look at picture number two (the numbered one) I have to say that the 'images' you have marked as 2 and 3 are simply a reflection from the shirt you were wearing... If you look in picture number one (the unmarked photo) you will see that the 'face' you have labeled as number 2 can also be 'seen' in your reflection in the door as well as the window... It looks less like a face in the door... As does your number 3. (hope that makes sense).

Despite the dirt on the window it seems very reflective and I think number 5 may be a combination of dirt and a cloud in the background.

Number 6 seems to be a combination of tree reflection and steering wheel shadows.

As far as number 1 and number 4 goes...I, myself, do not see anything.

Thanks for posting the pictures... Capturing images on a reflective and 'sometimes' dirty surface can be misleading... Even if a mirror we just cleaned is the object of the picture any 'images' may be caused by manufacturing defects... Especially in older mirrors. This makes it hard to 'count' them as evidence without other evidence to back them up.

Again, thanks for sharing, keep on hunting.

Respectfully,

Rook
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-11)
Lambda, thanks for providing the pictures. Fascinating. I'll admit to seeing some things you point out, and I think I see something more that you didn't point out.

But I would also like a photo, if it is not too pushy to ask, of the tee shirt you wore that day. Thanks.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-11)
My question is...

What was behind you, and how far away was it (or was this in the middle of an open parking area)?

Thanks for the pic's.

Respectfully,

Rook
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-11)
Hi Lambdachi,

Intersting picture.! There are quite a few shades on the picture that you could think either way. There is a lot of reflection on the window and looks to have some stains on it.

Nevertheless, after reading your comments and looking at the picture for more evidence, I was able to see some apparitions.

Cheers,
Nal
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-11)
Hi lambdachi,

Just saw your pictures, thank you for providing them! 😊

Honestly, it seems to me that's only pareidolia (it can make people perceive random images, or patterns of light and shadow, as faces).

This is only my opinion, for what is worth.

Blessings.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-11)
Lambdachi: that's an interesting picture, though it is hard to say if what you captured are only the reflections and stains on the window or something else. Telling the truth, I only "saw" the images after forcing myself to fit them to your description. 😐

Still, I'm sure the picture is a good topic of conversation.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-10)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-10)
I hope the picture is coming soon. Without it, this narrative makes no sense.
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-10)
Am really looking forward to see the picture and contribute to the discussion.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-05-07)
Assuming that the OP sent the picture in, we're waiting for Martin to upload it. If lambdachi is so inclined, they can also upload it to a picture sharing service (like photobucket) and share the link in comments.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-07)
Nice theory there, any prove?
I mean it is interesting, but I was expecting some pictures as well to prove the theory... Is it again the LAG?

E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-07)
Lambdachi0108 - It all sounds very interesting but doesn't mean very much without the photo.

If you can provide us with that, I'm sure many people would love to comment on it. Unless you have provided it and it hasn't been attached for some reason?

Regards, Melda
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-06)
Hi
As Kikigirl suggested, can you please provide a link to the photo?

I have just one point that requires clarifying for myself - are you saying that if other people see the picture but can't see some of these 19 ghosts, it's because some ghosts that were "stuck" in the image have been freed?

Regards

Mack
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-06)
lambdachi0108, thanks for sharing your account/s with us.

As there is no pictures attached, I assume that you are still planning to submit them? I really hope you do because it would be phenomenal to see and discuss with you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: