You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted House That Gives Me The Heebie Jeebies

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted House That Gives Me The Heebie Jeebies

 

I live in the country and have for several years. I live on one of my dad's rental properties. Next door to me is one of his properties that has stayed empty since the former owner died 8 years ago.

My brothers stayed there one night 5 years ago and swore up and down that the house we call "Rudy's" was haunted. They spoke about hearing voices, having their blankets yanked off multiple times, and hearing footsteps above then, when no one else was there.

I've always thought they were drunk idiots, until last December when my youngest brother Mike came over to my place drunk and said we should go ghost hunting. I was shocked because of how petrified him and Cody my other brother were after that night. But was excited. I decided to take my dog Sam with me; as I always feel safer with him around me.

We entered through the basement and began walking around. I was recording and asking if anyone wanted to speak to us all they had to do was speak into the phone. I also took video and pictures. As we walked underneath what would be the kitchen I heard above us; a man and a woman's voice talking as if they were having a conversation. I was unable to hear what they were saying but Mike who was right next to me heard nothing. From the get go Sam was spooked but it only got worse the higher we went.

Rudy's has a large 5 room basement, which I call the first floor, then there's the kitchen and dining/living room on the main floor (second floor) Above that is 4 large bedrooms (third floor) and above that is the attic (fourth floor). Nothing really happened until we got to the 3rd floor (bedrooms). I have no idea why, but for some reason I have always felt uncomfortable on the 3rd floor. When I am outside I don't like to look at the house; especially the 3rd floor. I always feel as if I'm being watched. There is one bedroom neither I, nor Sam would enter. I just didn't like the feel of it.

We made our way to the attic. As we go to the top of the stairs I began taking pictures and video. The whole time Sam had his hackles raised and his tail between his legs so I decided we should leave.

The Haunted House That Gives Me The Heebie Jeebies

We got back to my place and were looking through the pictures I had taken and one, that I had taken in the attic had a woman, with shoulder length brown hair, facing us with her head turned towards my brother who was about ten feet to my left. She had what looked like a white shirt on and at her waist was either blue jeans or a blue skirt that went to the floor. To the right of her and down at her hips is what I can only describe as a big black wolf/dog creature. What's so disturbing about the picture to me is that the "wolf" is staring straight at me. And to the left of the woman looks like a tumbleweed. When you turn the phone sideways it resembles a skull! I can honestly say I was terrified beyond belief.

I also listened to the recordings of us walking through the house and asking any spirits who wanted to contact us to speak into my phone. What we heard on the recording sends goosebumps down my back every time I listen to it. There's ten minutes worth of us talking to each other and at the 2:34 part you can hear me say if there's anyone hear that wants to speak to us please speak into this phone. And a couple seconds after that there's this whisper that says one word. "Rendezvous". I've tried to discreetly find out some history on the house as I can't ask my dad as he doesn't believe in ghosts.

Mike said he could hear heavy breathing next to me in the video. To him it sounded like a person with asthma breathing every time I talked as if whatever is in Rudy's is attracted to me.

Also, I have the EVP and ghost picture but they are on my other phone. I have a new phone but can try to get a picture of my old phone's picture if people would want to see it.

Mike told me that same night at my place after leaving Rudy's that he saw a dark shadow stand behind me as we stood in my kitchen and then it shot down my hallway. I would greatly appreciate input. Should I be worried that there's a possible ghost? What is that black dog want? Why did it stare malevolently at me?

One last point. Two years ago some friends and I got drunk, made a Ouija board out of a beer box (yes, I know, we're idiots) and went to Rudy's attic to try and contact spirits. Absolutely nothing happened and I burned the box and glass we used afterwards. I've never done anything so stupid since either. But did we open a door to the other side? The woman and dog are standing in the exact spot where we played the Ouija board though.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lacie1990, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CuriousNEwoman (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
I'm not sure I am seeing what I'm supposed to see in the photo. I see what looks like a woman's face- the to the left of that about waist high I see (I'm sorry I'm not trying to belittle or or anything) what looks like to me as a white bra. I don't see a white shirt and a jeans/skirt. I also don't see a wolf/dog. I am open to seeing I am "open" and I believe. I want to be able to see what others see and tho I do see a face...that's really about it.

I myself have only heard a few noises in my life (nothing super scary) and had one meaningful, super emotional dream I hope was truly my deceased mother. Tho I know dreams could be just that. A dream- but I had it 20 years ago and remember it so vividly.

Anyway, I do believe and SEE there is "something" in that photo... I don't seem to see what ya'll See, but I see something!

As for making an ouija board out of a beer box? First of all isn't that sort of demeaning to the spirits? To be contacted on a beer box? An alcohol box... A piece of trash... Maybe that's why it didn't work? They didn't want to be contacted on "THAT".? I don't know...it's just a thought. But like I have said before, I don't know much about ghosts/paranormal, but have had a respectful interest for over 30 plus years!
❤ peace to all ❤
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Lol wow, I originally saw that too, but didn't notice what I was looking at. Now that you pointed it out, I can see it being something, but with that said, makes me wonder am I only seeing it now because I've been told that it's something 😕 you know like when you don't notice something until someone else tells you what they see, and your mind makes you see what they do? Not implying this isn't something! It very well may be a picture of a spirit. I just meant that one can't help but wonder if they're only seeing something because they were told what they're looking at. Either way, I see it now 😁 lol thank you Val for pointing it out to me. And to the OP, thanks for sharing your story, and posting up the photo 😊 I hope I didn't offend you by questioning my mind! That was not my intention.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-06)
Twilight, look beyond the frames leaning across the wall. You'll see a vertical pipe, to the left of that in the back you'll see what the OP claims is the figure of a woman in a white blouse and maybe jeans, to her right about waist high, seems to be a figure of a large dog. It's a bit blurry, but there.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-05)
I'm not so great at looking at pictures like these really, so can someone please tell, or show what exactly is in this picture 😕?
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published 📷
Lacie1990 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
When I say it takes things, it will take things of mine and hide then until I ask politely for my things back and I'll find them in an area I've already checked.
I will send the picture again tonight.
Lacie1990 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
It was four distinct knocks. Three in a row followed by a fourth. So loud it echoed. My dog, Sam was in bed with me and didn't even react. Just slept through it. I, on the other hand was scared to death.
Lacie1990 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
Yes I still sense the presence here. The other night it knocked on my bedframe under my bed. I just hid under my blankets. It takes things of mine, my lotion, my social security and birth certificate papers out of my safe, and hides them. I found my papers in the back room which I never go into. I feel watched especially at night but as it hasn't hurt me or my dog I'm hopeful that it means no harm.
As for the picture I have no idea. Perhaps they are very busy. My fault for not including it with my story. I am sorry.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-27)
I too would really love to see the pictures you spoke of! I wonder why they still haven't posted them yet 😕 since you said almost a week ago, that you sent them in. Not saying I don't believe you, I'm just excited to see if I can see what you described in the picture. Also, how's your home now? Are you still having problems there? It does seem as though something followed you back, if you didn't have these problems before. That's one of my main reasons why I rather not go to a haunted place, because I am sensitive to ghosts, and don't want one to connect to me. I do wish you luck with cleansing your home, as well as your self!
kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Lacie1990, well I know there are meant to be a few different ways but how I cleanse myself is I just have nice hot shower while burning sage in the room. And after wards when I dry I just get my sage stick, light it and let the smoke go over my body. I start from my feet upwards. Not so smokey that you choke yourself aha but enough to go round me.

I find it has worked for me and hope it does for you too if you try it.

Are you still feeling a presence after cleansing the house?
Lacie1990 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Kayraa how do I cleanse myself? I've cleansed my home and Rudy's next door. Didn't know I could cleanse myself. Have no idea how to.
Lacie1990 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
I've sent the picture in they should be downloading it soon.
EHarris (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
I would very much like to see the photos you took, the story is very interesting and I would like to know more through the photos
kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
Lacie1990, this is an interesting experience and I have no major guidence other than maybe cleansing yourself and your house. I've had to do this previously and felt it worked. For me at least.

I'm interested in seeing the photo's you post:)

Kind regards,

Kayraa
Lacie1990 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
Sent the picture to the email I received. Should be up soon. Working on the EVP.
Lacie1990 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-15)
Okay. I can record the evp session on my new phone and try and upload picture and evp tonight when I get home. My two friends were laughing and joking during the board session. It wasn't my idea to do it I was not happy with how they treated it as a joke which is maybe why nothing happened. And yes my dog Sam stuck to me like glue that night. After we got home he spent over an hour in front of my bed where I was growling/staring at me. I thought maybe something was wrong with him but a friend said maybe something followed me back. No idea. But weird things have happened. Stuff goes missing to show up in other places.
Lacie1990 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-15)
The picture is on my old phone I can take a picture though. And the evp is ten minutes long and no idea how to download that.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-15)
After re-reading your account, I have a short question. (Short as in answer, not that I'm of short temper, though I did look at the newspaper already... 😆)

It seems you made the ouija board and did the seance before the main portion of your narrative. Is that correct?

If so, there's a possibility you did open a portal which should not have been opened. It is also likely that the seance had no affect.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-15)
Greetings, Lacie, and Welcome to YGS.

To avoid being repetitive, I will state that I agree with Kindly, RC, & Argette. In your notification that the story was posted (check your spam folder, if you've not seen it in your inbox), there is an option to reply with an image attached. Martin's been very good about posting images quickly.

Now, I do have a serious question about the apparition, even before you have a chance to upload the image. As your dog, Sam, was standing near you, is it possible that the wolf/shuck/barghest/beast was staring at him? Canines of all descriptions claim territories and assert their dominance over others; I would suggest that spectral hounds may follow this behavior pattern.

I'm glad that you noted that you were foolish to make an ouija board out of a beer box; I'm curious, though, as to why you would think this opened a portal in the attic if --at the time you used it-- nothing happened.

Also, why did you use the makeshift ouija in the attic of the empty house, and not on the third level with the uncomfortable atmosphere? If your group of friends wished to communicate with spirits, it would make more sense to speak to them in places you already suspect they reside. (If I were haunting a home, for example, and your group passed my room to get to the attic stairs, to ask if anyone wanted to speak up there, I think I'd be annoyed with you for wanting me to climb the damn stairs to respond to questions that could have been asked in my room.) Don't forget that your brothers' first experience predates this foolishness; it is highly unlikely that your actions are to blame.

I'm looking forward to seeing the images you captured, and to reading your responses to my questions.

Best,
Biblio.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-14)
By all mean, post photos. I'm not sure how this is done once you post your story, but I'm sure the moderators can help.

To mention photos without posting can hurt one's credibility.

That said, welcome to YGS. 😁
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-14)
Please post the photos, Lacie, and the EVP too, if you can.

And, while I know you were not under the influence, ghost hunting is not an activity that should be undertaken in such a state.
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-14)
Lacie1990, sorry I have no guidance for you as to your questions but yes, everyone here would like it if you posted your photos.

The more evidence and information you provide the easier it is for people to give helpful advice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: