You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Granny's Last Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Granny's Last Visit

 

My first experience/encounter with the paranormal happened at the age of 12. Like I have mentioned in my profile, my dad passed away when I was little and I grew up idolizing my mother, a tarot card reader. We settled down in Concord, New Hampshire but went back to India for a couple of weeks as my grandmother was about to breathe her last.

My mom was very attached to her and granny always wanted to meet me before she closed her eyes for one last time. So, we took a flight from Boston with a layover at Frankfurt and then to Chennai.

We missed our flight in Frankfurt due to a snowstorm and had to wait for a day until we got a rebooked flight. While I was about to board the flight, I heard someone call my name. I turned back and asked mum if she had called me, she said 'No'. And then we took our seats in the flight and I was listening to a few songs in my sony walkman. (we did not have Ipods/Mp3 players during those days).

I was trying to sleep, when I heard the same voice again, I woke up and then the entire flight was empty and my granny was next to me and looking at me. I was shocked.

I was searching for my mum, but couldn't see her. My granny came next to me and said, "all I wanted was to see your face one last time. But fate never let that happen. So I came looking for you. You look exactly like your dad. I wish he had lived long enough to see you grow into a man. Do not worry. I will take care of you as long as you live". She kept fading away and suddenly I woke up and realized it was a dream.

I immediately told mum that I had a dream like that and she started sobbing uncontrollably.

She said she had a similar dream, where granny bid farewell to my mum as well.

I brushed aside the fact that it was granny's spirit and still had the slightest of hope that she would be waiting for me in Chennai.

After we reached home in Chennai, we realized Granny passed away a day ago around the same time my mom and myself had the dream.

They had to cremate her immediately as they couldn't get a freezer box to hold her corpse until we arrived.

I felt completely heart broken. I have never seen my granny in my life but the amount of love and affection she had on me was huge. She wanted me to come to her at least once before she died. I never had the chance to show her the same kind of affection even once. And my fate, I will have to live with that guilt for the rest of my life.

Even now, every year, on the day she died, I still get the same dream, with granny at a much happier place and constantly taking care of us.

Other hauntings by nalchen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nalchen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nandiiiinii (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
This is really a very heart touching story. The same thing happened with me also, when my dad passed away in 2013 when I was only 13. The people who loves us the most always come to meet us before they left us forever ❤
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
Hello Nal! First of all thanks for sharing such a heartwarming experience of yours.
I would also replicate the same as said by shelbyloree that you did your best.

Regards
Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-31)
Hi

It's nice to read your story... Thanks for sharing.

But don't worry she will be with you always... She can understand your feelings about her... She may be felt happy because of you.

I pray that your grandma rest in peace.
kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
Nalchen I really don't think you should feel guilty. Your granmother coming to you was her way of seeing yoy before she passed on and also to say goodbye.

This is such a lovely story and I think you should try and let go of any guilt you may feel. I can't imagine the woman you described as loving you so wanting you to feel this way.

Best,

Kayraa
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-18)
Hello Biblio,

Thanks a lot for your inputs and am glad you liked my experience. I can totally understand the amount of happiness that settles in when you know that they are happy and in a better place. And yes, I have tried to communicate to her by leaving a note and some flowers by my bed on the date of her death anniversary. And everytime, in my dream, I see my granny takiing the flowers and wishing me good luck. I know its just a dream, but makes me happy everytime.:)
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
Greetings, nalchen, and welcome to the conversations!

Thanks for posting this story, as I enjoyed reading your well-described account.

My mother and her sister-in-law had a similar event after my grandma's death; I know that their one-time spiritual visitation brought both of them comfort and peace. I hope that you look forward to these annual visits from your Grandmother, as you could take note of special events in your life to share with her. I know she said she'd be with you, but someone watching over you often enjoys having a conversation *about* the events and your thoughts/reactions, as they lend it a 'personal touch.'

I'm looking forward to reading more of your experiences.

Best,
Biblio.
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
ShelbyLoree & BeautInside,

Thanks so much for your comments. True that. Over the years, the guilt/grief has reduced knowing that she is in a much better place. Sometimes, these are the small things, that let us know that there are a few people who don't expect anything in return for their unconditional love.

Regards,
Nal
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
Hi nalchen,

I couldn't have said any better than shelbyloree already did, even so I have to leave my small contribution 😊

Thank you for sharing this beautiful experience, and although you didn't make it on time to see you grandma still alive she found you just to let you it was okay. So don't feel guilt, and stop being so tough on you! She is happy and she's letting you know that 😉

Blessings.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-05-16)
That was very nice your grandma was able to visit you and your mom to say goodbye, and that she still looks after you.

I don't think you need to feel guilty for events out of your control, especially with things like the weather or the timing of her passing. It's unfortunate, but she seemed to know you were on the way and met you halfway despite everything!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: