You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Her Feet Were Swinging

Real Ghost Stories

Her Feet Were Swinging

 

I was up late working on my computer. I'm a 39 year old male and I have always thought I saw shadow figures out of my peripheral vision but I always assumed it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Until a couple of months ago.

I moved into a new home about 2 year's ago. The shadow figures were quite active in my peripheral especially in my kitchen, as a matter of fact, only in my kitchen and never at night. I never realized that until now. Anyway, I still assumed it was just peripheral until I was up late about 2am getting some work done on my computer. Forty five minutes or so had gone by. I wasn't sleepy or tired nor did my eyes burn from the computer screen. I saw her out the corner of my eye sitting on my printer swinging her feet. She had on a hooded cloak.

I didn't immediately turn thinking she would disappear because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I couldn't see any definition or glowing eyes or anything, just a silhouette of a little girl or woman or whatever it was but I'm sure it was female. Before turning to look at her, while her feet were swinging next to me. Oh yes, my printer is about a foot away from my computer. I said, "I see you". She didn't move or stop swinging her feet until I looked directly at her. I looked directly at her hood where her face would be. She stopped swinging her feet but did not disappear promptly. She stayed visual for about 8 seconds and we were just looking at each other. I started to get upset because I'm a very private person. I immediately got up and turned on the light. She was already gone though, so I thought. I was extremely upset.

It took me about 15 minutes, 2 cold glasses of water and a sit down on my bed. So I started back working on my computer with the light on now. About 10 minutes in, the feet were swinging again out of my peripheral. I said, "what do you want" not looking at her this time because now I'm freaked out. As I said that, another hooded cloaked figure was moving on my right side. I immediately turned to look at it and it was directly on my shoulder like it was either reading what I was typing up or staring at me. I want to say I could feel it breathing on my shoulder like a temperature change but I'm not 100% sure about that because they both disappeared when I looked at it.

They were playing with me that night because I immediately saved my work, turned my computer off, left the light on and turned on the T.V. And watched a comedy to laugh and change my mood. How I figure they were playing because about an hour later when I got up to go and get a snack in the same area where the second figure was on my shoulder. It was running next to me outside of my room.

I haven't seen them again but I never felt threatened or in harms way while they were there. It felt like they were either amused by me, wanted to really know if I could see them or maybe studying me. I have no clue but it still freaks me out until this day.

I also stopped seeing the quick shadowy swooshes behind me in my peripheral in the kitchen after that night. Maybe they were saying goodbye or something. I really want to know what in the world or out of this world, these entities are and what do they want. They're always maybe about 3 feet or so tall, about the height of an average 7 year old. If anybody reads this and can give me any information or theory on the specifics of this situation, please leave a comment. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Idontthinktheirevil, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
Idontthinktheirevil... Actually I think any form of non-living entity trying to make contact with you has no good intention. The Catholic exorcists have a term for them, "familiars". Basically they will interact with you to gauge your response, then, over time they would increase their interactions with you until they're by your side 24/7. That's when their influence on your life grows significant.

I would suggest that you go to a church and consult a pastor / priest, especially if they (or other entities) start making "contact" with you.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
To me this sounds more like fairies or the old ones, elementals even, more than ghosts (i.e. Spirits of late humans). Do you recall anything else that night or the next morning that might have been a little off? Anything from little things rearranged or missing to clocks being out of whack or a sense of lost time? Either way, it was a fascinating experience and, I agree, you acquitted yourself quite well! Thank you for sharing!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-20)
Idontthinktheirevil,

Wow!

To have been able to stare at a shadow, hooded figure for more than a second is amazing! And she sat there staring back!

I think you could be right, maybe they and I say "they",because you wrote you have been seeing the fleeting ones and the two others, but maybe they wanted to be noticed.

And you took it quite well I would say. If it had been me, even with all of what I've experienced lol I still would have run out of the house.

Do you think its a possibility these shadow figures whether big or small can persuade mood, or change your mood in some way?

It seems from a lot of experiences on here, moods tend to change after have seen one or come in close proximity of one. Whether terrified, angry, upsetbefore or after, or just calm etc etc.

Just food for thought 😊

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-19)
Hello, I don't think.

I'm not sure what was going on with you. But I routinely saw shadow figures out of the corners of my eyes throughout my childhood. I thought the same thing you did: Eyes playing tricks. I haven't seen one since I was 14 and I'm now past 40.

It feels to me like the two shadow people were having fun with you before moving on.

Please let us know if they return!

Welcome to YGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: