You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hollywood Forever

Real Ghost Stories

Hollywood Forever

 

Friday, October 31, 2003

While I was in Los Angeles in October of 2003, beginning my celebrity grave hunting adventures at the famous Hollywood Forever Cemetery, I had a rather strange experience. As I was walking toward the Abbey Of The Psalms Mausoleum, a feeling of dread came over me. I could think of no idea why I should feel so afraid, but as I got closer to it, the feeling grew. It got to the point where I was forcing myself to go forward. I don't know how far away from it I was when I finally stopped, but one thing was for sure, I could not continue and would not approach any further. I also actually felt a sudden need to go to the bathroom (which I found in the Office, thanks to Annette Lloyd).

In all the other parts of the cemetery, I felt nothing but peace among the stillness of the graves and tombs, but for some strange reason, the Abbey Of The Psalms Mausoleum was different. At first, I couldn't figure out why, but then I felt that there was definitely something wrong about the place. I felt the need to try and get closer and as I did, I felt the presence of something there, the presence of something that shouldn't have been there at all. A mausoleum is supposed to be part of sacred ground, but I felt nothing sacred about this place.

My theory is that somehow, a Gate or Door exists there, a Gate or Door to a place dark, cold and foreboding. A place of evil. And I think that it is through this Gateway or Door that something enters our world, something that has no business being here.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghoster2K, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ghostofme (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-25)
Hello Ghoster 😊 That particular part of the mausoleum I've heard is supposed to be haunted by the ghost of the late actor Clifton Webb... Perhaps he's keeping an eye out for people who may damage the place again like it was in the past and he's simply trying to ward off anyone so that doesn't happen again. Just a thought. That place borders Paramount studios and supposedly the ghosts of several actors and actresses haunt the studio... Just stepping right through the wall from the mausoleum. How'd you like to be the night security when that happened? 😲 😨
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-28)
Ghoster - Thanks for your thorough response! Very, very interesting. Hats off to Tyler 😊

Regards, Melda
Ghoster2K (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-28)
Melda,
After the Northridge earthquake of 1994, Hollywood Memorial Park was in ruins. It wasn't really obvious until you went inside the Mausoleums. That part of Hollywood was no longer safe, especially at night. There was Drug Trafficking, muggings, assaults and yes, there were dark rituals performed there, inside and outside of the Mausoleums. There were "leaks" from crypts, odors, there were broken windows and skylights and there were cracked covers.
To top it all off, Jules Roth, the President, Owner and CEO of Hollywood Memorial Park was a white collar criminal. He would take the money from grieving relatives for cemetery, grave and crypt upkeep, etc., and spend it on his lavish lifestyle, such as getting a yacht.
He HATED Celebrity Grave Hunters, such as myself, almost as much as he hated the Press and the California Law Enforcement Community (which had previously sent him to San Quentin on an Embezzlement charge). He died all alone in his house in the Hollywood Hills. Nobody heard his dying words. At his funeral service: A Rabbi and the Maintenance worker. The words were spoken, the blessing was made, his casket was shoved in and crypt was closed and sealed. The End.
As Hollywood Memorial Park was about to be closed forever and then hit the Auction block, a young entrepreneur by the name of Tyler Cassity bought the Property for about $430K. Not only did he make millions of dollars of repairs, he IMPROVED the services of the newly christened Hollywood Forever.
RedRaven5 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
Just a thought - since it is a celebrity cemetery, that would make it a magnet for crazies with Ouija boards wanting to meet the rich and famous.

Probably would be more surprising if some ding-a-ling hadn't improperly closed a session at some time, as the cemetery is one of the oldest in LA according to Argette's link.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-20)
Ghoster - What an interesting, and obviously unsettling, experience you had.

Strange that you only felt the evil presence in one area! One cannot but wonder what could be causing it? I hate to put myself out on a limb but simply because celebrities are interred there doesn't mean that all of them were "angels" in life! In fact some of them were downright nasty. That however doesn't make them evil.

Perhaps a rather aggressive guardian of a section of the cemetery who tries to keep too many curious people at bay? I'm speculating now, so time for me to stop 😆

Thanks Argette for the link, interesting stuff indeed 😊

Regards, Melda
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-20)
Ghoster,

I just followed the link Argette posted for us (thank you for that, it saved me time).
😊

It looks like a beautiful place. If there had been many problems with it over the years, maybe the spirits and souls there are upset for some reason.
Not saying its the only reason but could be one of them.

I wonder if anyone has done research on the land. That could be another reason its had problems as well.

I don't know just putting a few thoughts in there.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-20)
Ghoster, I had to read up on this place before I commented. So others can do the same, here is a link:

Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Forever_Cemetery

It appears the cemetery has been plagued with problems of one sort or another for many years. It makes no pretense of being a sacred place, it sounds like.

It is entirely possible there are bad vibes here.

Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: