You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Crash That Should Have Killed Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Crash That Should Have Killed Me

 

So to start out with I had lost my great grandmother when I was 5 and have been able to feel her with me ever since. My little sister (who can see and speak to spirits) says that my grammy is still with me and my grandfather to this day. In 2011 when I was almost a junior at Highland high I lost a really good friend of mine who was like a little brother to me.

On January of 2015 my ex boyfriend and I had a huge fight in front of my 13 (now 15) year old little sister that almost turned physical. I had to call the West Valley Police Department to have him removed from my apartment. After that every thing just started to fall apart. My computer crashed on me, I had lost my internet. And eventually lost my dream job that I hadn't even had for a year.

How that happen I was driving through an intersection on highland drive and 3300 s. When another car hit the side of my Wasatch Transportation Mercedes sprinter in the rear end on the passenger side. The sprinter ended up flipping onto the divers side, slid about 300-400 feet down hill from the light, hit curb and stopped. Needless to say both vehicles were totaled. The lady in the other car told police I had ran a red light and I was ticked... The fire fighters who cut the windshield to get me out of my vehicle said that if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt I would have tossed around in the van like a kernel in a popcorn machine. I lost my dream job at Wasatch transportation due to the accident.

When I got home my little sister said that my friend who passed away when I was high school and my grammy were with me during my accident... How would she know that? She was in school during it... I still believe to this day that its not the seatbelt that saved me... It was Austin and my grammy who saved my life...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FFBlackWidow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-13)
FFBlackWidow - Thanks for responding.

Yes, now I fully understand why you would have lost your job.

I'm from South Africa and have never heard of Wasatch Transportation and didn't realise that you transported blind and deaf children.

If I had known that you actually transported people, whether they had disabilities or not, I would not have posed that question 😊

Regards, Melda
FFBlackWidow (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-13)
Thank you all for your for your comments and I'm sorry for not answering sooner. I went to the workforce clinic and had everything checked + had a drug test done as well. I was not under the influence of any drugs or alcohol. I know better then to do that while at work. As for my sister telling me about my grammy and Austin being with me during the accident which I did not tell her anything about it b4 hand and neather had anyone elts. She was at school during eveverything. I had asked my sister if she knew exactly what had happened and she gave me every detail of the crash. I had also asked her why they didn't stop the accident and my sister said that they tryed to warn me that why I had a "black out" which is a moment of memory laps. As for the officer who had did the accident report. He had only asked me if I knew what color the light was when I went through it. I told him I did not remember and he left the ambulance. That was it no other questions. He later came back to me and handed me the ticket saying due to fact that I couldn't remember the color of the light that they were going to take the other lady's word for it and sight me. Due to getting that ticket my boss fired me. When you Drive for Wasatch Transportation driving blind and deaph children back and forth to school you have to have a clean driving record. Hope that this answers your questions.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
How did your sister who was not even with you in your car tel l you that your late grandma and friend were with you in your car?

Good question!

Did you check the veracity of her statement? Or could she have just made all that up? Did you question her more in depth or you just left it at that believing that your friend & grandma did indeed ave you from the crash?
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
I sure am glad you did not get injured severely. It makes you wonder if Grammy was with you and had the "power" to save you in that terrible wreck, why she did not prevent you from wrecking in the first place. I am not saying I don't believe your story, but if she had kept the accident from happening you would still have your job. I like your story, but I think there could be many things a play in a situation like this. Thanks for your story and be careful.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
RedWolf - not to create drama or anything, but your comment "The ONLY time you are held blameless is if you are rear ended." isn't exactly true. Or at least not in Ohio.

I totaled an SUV several years ago and was not cited. I hit black ice and was the second of nine accidents that morning. There are extenuating circumstances that are taken into consideration, not just being rear ended.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
Redwolf - It works pretty much the same in SA.

If a driver is responsible for an accident, the innocent driver's insurance company will claim damages from that driver's insurance company. It often ends up with an insurance company suing the driver who caused the accident.

Also if one of the drivers appears to be under the influence of a mind altering substance, often both drivers, they are immediately tested for their state of sobriety. It probably happens in a similar way in the US.

Regards, Melda
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
Having a bulls eye on just about every car I drive I can tell you that the police just write up an accident report of what direction vehicles were going, road and weather conditions, and file that. If there are witnesses or extenuating circumstances then that is all reported. BUT most states leave it up to the insurance companies to decide fault. The ONLY time you are held blameless is if you are rear ended.
I know that in your mind your great grandmother and your friend saved your life but it was your seat belt that saved your life. My husband was a volunteer fire man for about 7 years and has seen people die because of no seat belt in a far less extreme accident than yours. I'm not saying nobody was with you watching over you but if they would have given you a warning to go another way if they were meant to save your life.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
FFBlackWidow - You certainly seem to have had a run of bad luck!

It is certainly possible that your great-grandmother and friend are around and keeping an eye on you 😊.

I must admit I am more than a little surprised that you lost your job due to a car accident but that would probably depend on the circumstances surrounding the accident.

I can give you an example of what happened to my son. He was parked at a red traffic light when a drunk driver went hurtling into the back of his car. My son suffered a neck injury and his car was totally trashed. After the traffic police arriving on the scene and taking measurements, asking questions and so forth, the drunk guy was locked up for the night. We learned afterwards that he had been fired from his company. (We took no pleasure in that, he had a family to support.)

Now I am not suggesting that you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs but I find it very difficult to accept that your company would summarily dismiss you for an unfortunate motor vehicle accident.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
Interesting experience.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, do you mean the police took the other driver's word to face value and did not perform a proper investigation and accident reconstruction? Do you think the company would have fired you if the accident had been confirmed as the other driver's fault?
Did you have to go to the hospital after the accident or did you just go home?
Sorry for asking but, by your narrative, it sounds like you were driving; another car hit you and your car rolled over big time; the police came and the other driver blamed you; they rescued you, and you went home.

Do your Grandfather and Grandmother look after your little sister too, or do they just take care of you? Do they talk to her?

Breaking up with that abusive guy was just a blessing in disguise; you are very lucky having the protection of your Grandparents.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: