You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Dorm Bathroom 2

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Dorm Bathroom 2

 

Hey guys! It's me again! I told you that I would be back with another fantastic dorm haunting story. I am not saying that I sensitive to spirits but I feel like for being at my school for only a year and a half, two encounters in two different bathrooms is amazing to me!

If you did not read my last story I go to a college in southern Missouri. It is a pretty old school. It has been around since 1919 so you can imagine how many students have lived in its dorms overtime.

I moved from my last dorm into my new dorm. My current dorm is the oldest of all the dorms and was originally a dorm for only girls. It is a pretty nice dorm and I feel very comfortable in it.

About 2 months ago I was washing my face at around midnight (in another community bathroom) and when I pulled my face up from the sink I saw in the reflection of the mirror (the reflection was of the shower stalls) the last shower stall on the right had a dark shadow-like figure in it. There were no feet just a very dark shadow and the light above the shower was blinking off and on rapidly. I was pretty freaked and grabbed my stuff and ran back to my room.

My new roommate this semester gets kind of freaked out by things like this so I didn't tell her.

About a week later, my roommate came back to our room after she went to the bathroom and looked kind of weird. I asked her if she was ok and she said yes. I told her that she could talk to me if something was wrong. I had previously talked to her about my experience in my last dorm so she already knew about that. A few minutes later after we started a movie I told her about what I had seen a few nights before. I was curious to see if she believed me or if she would laugh. She looked at me scared and just said "I just saw it".

At that point we were both pretty freaked and just talked about both of our experiences. They were both almost the same.

The next day I went to take a shower. I used the stall next to the "shadow figure one" half way hoping whatever it was would come back so that I could maybe see if it was just a shadow from the curtain or something like that.

As I was taking my shower I realized the light next to my shower began doing the blinking off and on thing that it had done before. I was getting a little nervous sort of tried to ignore it. (You need a key to control the lights in our bathroom so it's not like anyone could have messed with them.)

Then all of a sudden all the lights in the bathroom started flipping on and off and no person have been flipping the lights like that even if they had a key. I began to rinse off frantically. I turned my water off and opened the curtain and halfway looked under the "creepy" stall. The shadow was back. It was darker and bigger than ever. I grabbed all my stuff as fast as I could and ran. I was partially crying when I got to my room because it just freaked me out so much and my roommate realized what I had done.

We never told anyone else about it on my floor but randomly hear girls talking about the shadow in the shower. We actually hung a sign on the door that says out of order so no one uses it. That is how freaked a lot of the girls are.

On a side note: Since my new dorm use to be a girls only dorm, they used to have what you call I guess a "floor mother". She use to go up and down the halls and check to see if their were any boys in the rooms after a certain time and make sure the doors were locked in the middle of the night. Now when there are boys in girls rooms, some people have reported banging on their doors and no one be there at all, not even in the hall. And I have witnessed several times in the middle of the night someone slamming down on the outside of my door handle as if they are making sure it is locked. Sort of freaky!

Other hauntings by jaque

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jaque, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

goatkiddie (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-10)
oh my gosh I love these stories so much they creep me out. Maybe you could open that curtainn and have a look in.
mwehlage89 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
wow both your stories are really creepy. I've stayed in my friends dorm mcnutt at IU a few times and those bathrooms are always really pretty scary to be in at night by yourself. They are always so dingy and dark:/ plus her dorm had a murder happen in it in the 1960's so that doesn't make it much better hah. But I really enjoyed reading this! I would of never taken another shower in there after I saw a black figure floating around! You sound really brave hopefully you are living elsewhere now but if not good luck!
littlechick (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
can you tell me which college it is? I'm from Mo. Too and love to read our states' stories. Do other girls have bathroom stories too? I would always try to be with someone in there. Did a girl or dorm mother pass away there or a special needs person?
Keep the stories coming.
CornCobXov (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
😕 Now I won't be able to use my shower without getting wierded out. 😐 I do believe the story though. Maybe that was the shower that the floor mother used. I don't know why she'd want to haunt her shower though! 😜
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
wow that is really really creepy I wouldve asked to switch dorms I wouldn't want to see and hear those things constantly and pretty much over and over again
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
"Ditto", what everyone else has said about this story. CREEPY! 😐 I love the really scary stories like this one. It does seem genuine.
mcrgirl623 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
thats so creepy but really cool I'm kind of freaked now! Thanks for writing you should write more like this 😲
jaque (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
Hey guys! Thanks for your advice! Sorry I have been gone for so long! I was enjoying my lovely Christmas holiday. I will indeed begin searching about the dorm mother! I will deffinently post again about it soon!
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
I agree with Kimsouth I think that the history of the floor mother and the fact that something must have happened in that stall and that is why now something is in it.
I would do some asking around as to what things have happened in the dorm that might be the answer to the hauntings.
keep us posted
nighthawk (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Thats creepy, dorms just don't like you do they?
Well if end up in a haunted college those better not bug me when I'm doing homework!
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
I have read your other story too... You and your dorm bathrooms!
How frightening! It sounds to me like you have a dorm mother hanging around. Try finding out about the history of school's dorm mothers as well as your building. As for the bathroom incidents, just let the Spirit be. It sounds to me that this guy's a bad one. Use the bathroom quickly!
Careful! Good luck!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
What is it with you and dorm bathrooms, jaque? 😊
I would also have to say that I think you have a floor mother that has not yet crossed over. I am trying to figure out why that particular shower though. It would seem there is a connection, but not an obvious one, I guess.
Is there a chapel on the campus of your college? If I were living in that dorm, I think I would go in search of a clergyman to see what could be done from his end (or hers, whichever you have there). If not, surely there is a pastor in the city who you may be able to talk to and get some feedback. But be warned, for some reason a lot of clergy folk tend to shy away if you just blurt out that your dorm is haunted. You will have to use a bit of tact in approaching this subject.
It does not seem that anything like what you have described happens inside your room, so that is a good thing. Nothing like being scared senseless in your own room. Thank you for sharing this with us.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Hi jaque,
I have read your other story too and have come to the conclusion that you and dorm bathrooms just don`t get along. Have you thought of off campus housing 😜. I believe that I agree with Kimsoutho that you have a dorm mother, whether you want one or not. Although it would take some getting use to, I don`t think you have anything to fear. Take care and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
i did read your other story as well as this one. Absolutley freightening!

I wonder what the history of the dorm is, and the history of the dorm mothers? This may be the clue to all that is occuring. There may be a dorm mother still there that took her job very seiously and was attached. She may yet be attached.

I would be curious to know the hiostory.

God Bless! ❤
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
If I were you I would be really quick in that bathroom from now on and if I was that freaked out I'd take someone with me lol. 😁 Love the melon lover
jeann (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Yeah, that is freaky indeed! I suggest you ask the landlady if she knows about these incidents that is happening in your dorm and maybe she can enlighten you about this, and maybe she can also do something about this haunting, to give you and your dormmates some peace of mind while living in this dorm.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: