You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Therapist's Office

Real Ghost Stories

My Therapist's Office

 

I go to a shrink in midtown and every time I'm in her office I see human shapes in my mind floating up and down when she is talking. They are usually around the size of her head but sometimes I perceive them to have other facial features that don't resemble hers.

Sometimes I think it is because she is very spiritually in tune and maybe has spirits/souls associated with her, but it's hard to tell. I never get this sensation with others I am talking to. Recently she moved offices and I get the same effect, so whatever it is seems to have followed her.

Could these be spirits in the building or are these entities associated with her and her practice? Is this ghostly at all or is it possible I'm just having a tough time adjusting to the light? These are things that float in and out of view kind of like pinwheels when you are dehydrated.

Both of the buildings she has worked out of are old brownstones, but I work in an old brownstone too and I don't see these shapes when talking with people in my office.

If I'm a ghost/spirit, I would not want to be confined to just being a thing that floats in and out of people's peripheral vision. I never felt any kind of sound or audiovisual sensation with seeing these things or associated them with any kind of noticeable energy shift.

Is this a residual haunting or are these possibly protective spirits associated with my shrink? Is it possible for orbs/energies/full bodied apparitions to follow people around and do they ever appear in this form to people? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Other hauntings by sherm784

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherm784, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sherm784 (19 stories) (27 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
These are all right on responses. And yes, there are times and subjects when I've noticed more of these phenomena. I guess it is sort of an aura.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-13)
I wonder if it has to do with all the emotions her clients bring in with them and 'unload' on her and what you are seeing is some sort of aura-type manifestation of the energy released with all of those emotions. Have you noticed whether there are times when there are significantly more or less of these shapes?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-09)
Hi Sherm,

Have you noticed these figures/faces appear when you're talking about a particular subject, or when there's a certain mood in the room? Just curious. It could be connected to your actual therapy somehow.
Another angle to consider. 😊 Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
The only thing I'm able to offer is that yes, spirits can associate with people instead of places. Objects can also be haunted. That you work in one Brownstone, and your therapist has had two offices, both in Brownstones, but you only see these faces when discussing issues with your therapist indicates it is your therapist, or an object in the office, that is the focus.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: