You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Something Spoke

Real Ghost Stories

Something Spoke

 

My friend had adopted a yellow parakeet. For years the parakeet had been squeaking and talking simple words, it will address itself "Passarinho", little bird. Every time my friend comes home it will go "passarinho com fome" (hungry little bird).

Weeks ago my friend's parakeet died, it caught decease and did not make it. I and my sister went to comfort him since he was really upset. He believes in spiritual things and he knew about the experience that I had with my previous cat, Aurora.

He kept the empty cage and told me that he kept talking to the cage just as if his Parakeet is here. I told him that sometimes we have to let it go, but he kept trying since he really wants to see his parakeet again. We stayed a little late, my sister had to work the next morning and so I told him that we have to go. As soon as we stood up heard something as if it is from a walky-talky "...pas... Stá aqui..." (...#$%&...is here...).

I and my sister looked at each other and we turned to the empty cage. My friend asked if we heard the parakeet. I asked again if he was sure that it is his parakeet, my friend nodded with smiles as if he finally could communicate with it. My sister pulled me out and said to live him with the parakeet. We could hear him going "Onde você está, passarinho?" (where are you, little bird) from the outside. We were not sure what we had hear, but my friend was happy that he finally hear his be loved bird.

One thing that worries me is the way my friend reacted. It looks like that he is very happy about the situation, but something in my mind tells me that he shall not disturb the spirit. No, he did not tell us what happened then, but he is kind of relieved. He even told me that he is getting another parakeet and will be training it to speak if it is a male.

Not a bad idea for a sad person to start over again. The thing is I am not really sure if what we heard is really that parakeet which had passed away. I do not want to ask my friend about this, just a little curious and wanted to be sure of the situation. Shall I just forget that and live my friend alone or shall I warn him somehow because it might not be the parakeet?

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, roylynx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

grain_of_sand (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
roylynx: Oh, I see, yes! Good! Haha. All the best, you're welcome!
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Grain_of_sand, Oh, he fine for now! Busy taking care of the new baby lol
Amazing of how a disembodied voice will sound like! The entity I think was weak and it might be the "last good bye" thingy if that is the parakeet. No matter what I think this is close to be solved, thanks for caring!

E.Lynx
grain_of_sand (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Hi roylynx. I've read quite a few instances over the years where people have heard disembodied voices, and do you know how they described the sound? They described it like it was coming from a small radio or small speaker just like the sound you three heard. I don't think there's anything to be afraid of and personally I think your friend will be okay, he's just going through the grieving process. A pet is like a family member see, and so the emotions are just the same as if the pet was a person - maybe even more so in some cases. Anyway, he'll be fine. Just check in on him later and see how he is. Thanks for sharing. Very interesting.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-18)
Senhora Melda, Thank you for your message! We took him to the store yesterday after work and there is one yellow chick just like the one before. My friend fell in love with it and bought. I think he will do fine;-)

We "cleared" the old cage for the chick later on and it was just going "smoothly". For now, no worries (?) I will be visiting him this afternoon too and is hoping to see his happy face!

E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-16)
Roylynx - I'm very pleased to hear that there will be a chick available for him.

I sincerely hope that the new bird will put his mind into perspective concerning the 'old' one 😐.

As long as he does his "dailies" for his new pet and restricts them to that bird only, I'm sure he'll come out of it just fine 😊

Regards, Melda
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Sorry, more updates...

My sister texted me that her friend working in a pet store said, that the store have hatched 5 new parakeet chicks and we are planning to bring my friend there this weekend. So... After getting a new chick, if he still keeps the old cage as it was and do his "dailies" that's the sign to bring him to a doctor.

Plan changed, the observation continues.

E.Lynx
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Melda, You think so too? We were just talking about that the way to our office and he was upset that I have said such thing. He thinks that I thought spirits are felt by crazy people but that is not really the matter at all, no, really. I do understand his feeling and I know I should not push too hard on him, he is normal but just that one point I am feeling a little worried for him... I really shall do a serious talk with him someday...

Thanks Melda!

E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Roylynx - I think the time has come to have a serious talk with your friend. It doesn't seem to me that what he is doing is normal. He's trying to cling onto something which is no longer there.

Perhaps you should persuade him to see a therapist? I understand how much he misses the parakeet but I personally believe that feeding a bird which has died is stretching things!

Just my opinion.

Regards. Melda
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Update everyone!
I went to visit my friend's house this morning. He still keeps the empty cage and he even offers food and water... I feel bad to see that he feels that the parakeet is there when it's not... Sad the way how he still struggles to let it go... But the rest, he is just normal, he did not talk to the cage anymore or do any further strange behaviors.

Maybe he thinks that it is his daily duty to give food and water? But to whom is he doing it for? I mean I understand my friend's feeling, really, but... I don't know what to say about that...

Shall I just wait until he gets a new chick?

E.Lynx
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-14)
Senhora Lady-glow, Prank? Hmm...true, I understand that. Really that is what worries me, if that will affect him badly. But for now he is fine so even if it was a prank I would thank the pranker for pushing my friend's back.

BeaitInside, Thanks for commenting! Yes, but for now he is doing well. Working harder than before so as a co-worker I am happy, and as a friend I will be observing him for some more time if anything odd I shall let you all know.

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-14)
Hi roylynx,

I really like to believe that it was only your friend's parakeet letting him know he is doing okay, but I'm with Tweed and if you're friend starts showing any abnormal behaviour... Than it might be time to check things out.

Oh Melda, that was very rude of your sister-in-law! 😢 A loss is always a loss! It was a heartless comment from her side...

Blessings.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-13)
Hi roylynx:

There's too little I could add to this thread of comments since I know how hard it is to loose a pet.

Your following statements make me wonder something:

"He kept the empty cage and told me that he kept talking to the cage just as if his Parakeet is here..."

"...My sister pulled me out and said to live him with the parakeet. We could hear him going "Onde você está, passarinho?" (where are you, little bird) from the outside."

Would it be possible that one of your friend's neighbors was playing a prank on him? Perhaps they could have heard him talking to the parakeet and decided to answer pretending to be the bird?

I know it sounds like something cruel to do but, some people just don't empathize.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-11)
True, that is why we need to love them when they are still there.

My grandmother used to say, it is too late when they are gone, it is never shameful to give them love when they are alive and let them know you love them, we have to let them go when they need to, the last thing we can do for them is to live and smile for them since they all wanted no sorrow.

Words sometimes can hurt a person so much and can comfort a person as well. This ability that we evolved to have is sure a very strong and important one.

Senhora Melda, your belief is clearly true! Please don't be sad for your fury family, it would want you to be happy, so cheer up!

E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-11)
Roylynx - Thanks for your reply. She did apologise to me afterwards when she realised how badly I was affected by this little cats death.

It just sometimes amazes me how unfeeling some people can be when an animal dies, even their own animals. Perhaps some of us tend to become far too attached to them. But then again, I don't understand how you cannot love them and be attached! Otherwise, why have them in your life at all?

Regards, Melda
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-11)
Melda, That's harsh! 😠
Can't she choose other sentences to comfort you at all!?

Absolutely! No matter what animal we kept, it had once given us love as much as we had or even more! The trust in them is so pure! 😭

How can we not feel precious? How can we just forget that once be trusted friend of other kind?

I am absolutely by your side for this! 😐

E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-06-11)
Roylynx - Thanks for your reply.

I feel so much for your friend! The worst response I have ever had was when one of my cats died: "Well at least it was only a cat, not a dog." I was so hurt by that remark, made by my sister-in-law!

As far as I am concerned it can be any animal or bird, even a pet rat. The pain you feel is the same.

Regards, Melda
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-11)
Caves2016, well, as the below comment for Tweed, my friend is still fine. I went with him to the pet store and asked the owner for a parakeet chick, unfortunately there wasn't new born chicks yet. I will be watching him for a while since we work in the same office too.

Melda, I agree with you very much, senhora. No new parakeet at the moment but he is fine. He knows that he had to move on so, yes, so far so good.

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-09)
Roylynx - I don't know whether it was the parakeet you heard speaking or not but if it makes your friend happy believing that it was, then so be it.

At least feeling that his old pet is still there has helped him to move on and get another parakeet. I know you cannot simply replace one pet with another and have the same feeling towards it. It's like having children. You love them all but they each have their own personalities and characteristics which make them special😊

Regards, Melda
Caves2016 (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-09)
Interesting story! I've never had that kind of experience... My stomach probably would have dropped at hearing that. I'm hoping it was just his bird letting him know he's ok... If it's something else then you may have to flat out tell your friend so that he doesn't keep talking to it. He probably won't want to hear it but as his friend he'd probably rather hear it from you anyway even though it's not good news.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
Senhora Tweed, Thank you for reading my story!

The gab or the space there, sounded like "Passarinho" which is "little bird" but unfinished but you know, assuming in such a situation could be misleading, you could be right about that it could be a message from " who knows who"...

Talking about my friend, he was absent for a few days but had come back today, I was thinking of visiting him today since I was thinking negative things happening to him lol

Well, after all he told me that he just caught a tummy cold and had to stay home, he said he drank too much iced coke the day before... GEE... How glade to see that it is not anything odd...

I will be observing him for a few more days and will warn him if needed. Thanks very much Tweed!

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
Hi Roylynx, thanks for sharing. I had wondered what your recent odd encounter had been.😊

This sounds like one of those play it by ear situations. Where you just have to wait and watch the situation. If he is in a bad way, or starts showing sings of unproductive behaviour, such as thinking everything is paranormal, through to debilitating depression, then it's time to step in as a friend.

I really sympathise with your friend. A person's grief shouldn't be underestimated on the basis it's a pet.
I think you're right to be concerned about your friend. I mean waiting for a much loved pet to do something paranormal is a bit strange to me. I think we all do it in a different way though, hope for this kind of thing. But I've never heard of anyone actively waiting for it like this.

There's lots of walky-talky type voices from people on here. But I don't think it was really his parrot. Perhaps the message '___ is here' was someone telling him the parrot was 'here', with him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: