You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The White Lady At My Friend's House

Real Ghost Stories

The White Lady At My Friend's House

 

The story happened in Las Pinas, at the house of my dear friend whom I haven't seen for a long time. She's celebrating her birthday, so a couple of my college friends and I went for a visit. They have to leave early just right after the party since it's going to be a long drive back home. I, on the other hand, chose to stay so we can catch up on old times. We talked for hours until we got tired and decided to call it a night.

They offered me a room on the second floor beside the balcony. I went inside and from the looks of it, it seems as if no one's been using it for quite some time. It also made me wonder why her older brother ought to sleep in the smallest room. Anyway, it wasn't such a big deal, so I didn't bother to ask. She gave me two pillows and a blanket, then bid me goodnight. I went to bed but didn't turn the lights off. It has become customary for me to do that whenever I'm sleeping at somebody else's house as I am not familiar, I don't want to stumble in the dark and break something in case I'd have to go to the bathroom.

It was already past midnight. I'm exhausted, but I still can't sleep. I sense as if someone was watching me, but didn't make a big fuss out of it. I took my Ipad out of the bag, started checking my Facebook account when I glanced at the upper left corner of the screen and saw a reflection of a white silhouette standing behind me. I turned my head around and found nothing but a yellow empty wall. I reckon it's just my mind playing tricks on me suggesting that it's time for me to rest, I put my Ipad on the bedside table and doze off.

I woke up in the middle of my sleep feeling cold and started to look for my blanket. I saw it on the floor so I got up and took it while trying to fathom how it could have ended up there. I checked the door and discovered it still locked then went back to bed. I was about to close my eyes when the light in the room suddenly start to flickers before it totally went out. It didn't get completely dark since there was light coming through the window from the street lamp.

I wanted to go for the switch but suddenly, I'm unable to move my entire body, not even so much as to lift a finger. Next thing I knew, I'm looking at a figure standing at the foot of my bed. It's a woman in a white dress with a long black hair and a face as dark as night. I didn't see any lips or nose, but I discern her widely open eyes staring back at me. I started to scream, but no sound came out of my mouth. I felt helpless and terrified, especially when she started to float slowly toward me.

She has reached the right side of my bed and slowly begins leaning closer to my chest. She then bends her head to the left until her face became directly in front of mine. I had a good look at her eyes. It's gray. A very unusual color for an Asian. I gathered all my strength to force myself to move but I couldn't. She was just staring at me. It took all my strength to move my elbow and was able to move my whole body, I attempted to push her back when I notice that she's gone.

I took my blanket with me and immediately run downstairs in the living room to instead sleep on the couch. It wasn't long when I heard a creaking noise and I saw a window shut by itself. I know it wasn't the wind for that window faces the garage. I stood up and summoned the courage to talk. In a kind and polite manner, I told them that I'm not a threat and just there to stay for the night. I laid back on the couch and had a good sleep afterward.

While we're having breakfast the following day, I told my friend and her family what happened that night. They're not surprised because they too are experiencing strange things inside the house. Her brother told me that when he used to sleep in that room, something would pull the blanket away from him even though he's still awake. One time, he was heading downstairs when he heard a woman's voice softly whispered in his ears the words ''help me''. Strange. She could have spoken in our language, why does she have to speak in English? Then it hit me. The gray eyes! It's not a Filipina but a ghost of someone from a different country. Perhaps an American. But who could she be? What kind of help is she looking for? I was really baffled.

I heard that their neighbor would even sometimes see an old man wearing old-fashioned clothes sitting on the couch in the living room though no one lives there that fits the description.

When I came back for another visit, we're sitting on the floor and playing a card game, when through the open door I saw a huge white butterfly flying inside one of the rooms. We checked it out and found nothing. There's no way it could have enter through the window because it's covered with screen.

Her mom asked me to get rid of them. Though I know how to, I was reluctant as the place wasn't mine to do begin with. They might become aggressive and harm them in return. I've done it before and almost cost me my life (I'll tell you that story some other time). I told them that as long as they're not hurting anyone, there's no need to do something drastic.

I still made frequent visit to their place, but I would always talk to the ghost that I meant no harm and was just there to sleep and would even stay for several days without any bizarre incident until they moved back to their old place in Tarlac. I've never been to that house ever since.

Other hauntings by Hommie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hommie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-14)
Hommie,

Interesting this one is.
Regarding the friend and the family you visit.
Are they scared of the resident spirit? Have they experienced any harmful activity in the home?

And I'm glad you told it you werent there as a threat, I'm sure that was appreciated 😊

And I wonder why they didn't tell you strange things go on in their home. I get they may not have wanted to scare you, but a little heads up wouldve been great!

Anyhow...
Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: