You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Small Boy Walking Back and Forth

Real Ghost Stories

Small Boy Walking Back and Forth

 

Hello people, I read a couple of other people's stories and felt that I HAD to tell of my experiences. Ever since I was younger, all I ever heard of is spiritual happenings and what not, I guess it helps to tell you that my parents and grandparents are from the Caribbean.

My mom, my brothers, and I recently moved to a new apartment last christmas eve and I was really excited to have my own room again after more than ten years. So after I got used to slamming my new bedroom door after a couple of days, I left it open one night because it was unbearably hot and the windows weren't helping. Now, my room just happened to be across from the bathroom (not really the best thing in the world), my mom's is on the right of my room and my little brothers' is next to hers and the bathroom, keep this in mind.

So, being as I have problems with sleeping, I was watching tv while laying on my bed and I happened to see a small boy walking back and forth pass my door. I yelled at him thinking it was one of the knuckleheads playing a stupid joke thinking they're being stealthy, but he didn't answer, so I stick my head out of the doorway, and I see the figure walk into their room, I follow it to go beat them up, but they were both asleep with the tv on. I turn it off and left.

Back in my room, I'm watching the tv again and I closed the bathroom door so the light wouldn't bother the others while they slept. I reach for my remote and it isn't where I put it, which happened to be right next to me. So I go looking around the house for it, thinking I'm going crazy, and when I decide to stop, it's back in the same spot.

Now, this isn't the first time it happened, I tracked his movements and he only travels in my brothers' bedroom, my room, and the hallway in between them. I figure he was someone's little brother who lived here before. My baby brother has seen him before as well, saying he thought it was me playing tricks on him, because I always do, but he noticed that I didn't make any noise so knew that it wasn't. I wish I could figure out who lived here before, but I can't because no one lived in the building long enough, and some of the neighbors just happen to be obnoxious.

Anyone else had the same experience or able to explain?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AzureLycan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
That is so sad that this boy is stuck in this residual haunting. Maybe you can help him by guiding him to a better place. Don't be afraid of him. Good luck. ❤Jasmin
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
What a very sad story. I have to agree with whitebuffalo, it sounds like a residual haunting. Especially since you see him walking back and forth on a regular basis. But, still, poor little boy. Sounds like he IS trying to get your attention. Do talk to him if you get the chance. Maybe leave a toy out for him to slow him down. Then, tell him to go towards the light. And, as Bell said, start asking in your surrounding neighborhood. Maybe someone will know something about this little boy. Best of luck! Keep us posted.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hi Azure. Your little friend sounds like he may be lost and looking for something or someone familiar. He's not threatening in any way but you should tell him that it's his time to move on and be with his loved ones. Help him realize that there are many who care for him there and will help him make his transition easier. As for checking the history, you could start with the neighbors outside the apartment building. There's a good chance that someone in the surrounding area may have heard of something that happened in your building. You could check the public records and news archives. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and I hope you get some answers to the things you are wondering about.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
Nothing bothers me more than a child caught between worlds. There is something just not right about that kind of situation. I can't for the life of me being a believer in God that God would allow a child to be so confused and stagnant. Religious people will say these are not child spirts but imps or demons that like to confuse and scare the living. I would buy that before before I would buy a God that allows some little kid to be lost in some dimension.
Like Whitebufflo said this could also be residual haunting and that would be another explanation for child spirits being seen.
AzureLycan (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
thanx everyone for your suggestions, I haven't been able to respond back bc of the holiday season, hope your's wasn't as crappy as mine, but I digress.
anywho, I highly doubt the spirit is evil, more mischevious than evil, he pulls pranks here and there, especially when you least expect it, like moving the cords and wires so you'll trip on them, or moving objects so that you can't find them for days, like I said before.
my ten year old brother is almost like a spitting image of me, and kind of the same way I was at his age, and being as my family is so religious and spiritual, we tend to experience a lot of things, but not everyone does.
i think that the little boy comes to me and my brother because the bond we share, sorry for the lame cliche, and for some reason, I get the feeling that he is someone's little brother, but unfortunately, I can't find that out because my neighbors are either really private or total a**holes, so that doesn't help...
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
It sounds to me like you have a residual haunting. This is when a ghost repeats what they used to do while alive. I don't think that he is harmfull in any way but I would try to comunicate with him maybe he can tell you what he wants or needs and maybe you can help him cross over...
thanks for sharing
ghosthunter123 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Hey AzureLycan
This boy seems to just be walking around. He may be someone who died in apartment, or maybe someone who died near it. You should check online and see if your apartment is next to where a gallows used to be, or maybe an old cemetary.
Good luck!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Hi AzureLycan. How old is your baby brother? The reason I ask is if he can see him, maybe HE could talk to him as well. Younger children seems to be more gifted in communicating with spirits than older children or adults. If contact(verbal)can not be made chances are it is a residual. If it is residual not much can be done, just get use to it. Take care and God bless.

FRAWIN
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
It certainly sounds as if there is a little boy in your home. He may be there because he is lookingv for someone, he is frightened or any number of reasons.

I would suggest that you tell him to cross over, that there will be many to play with and he will not be scared or alone anymore.

It stands to reason that when children pass, they may be frightened, not really know what has happened to them and possibly sometimes not know they are deceased.

Speak words of comfort to him and tell him to cross over. He obviously wanted to get your attention with these actions.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Hello AzureLycan.
Does this little boy visit with any of you, or does he simply take your things for a few moments and then return them while walking through your house? Do you get a bad feeling around him, or is it more of an uncomfortable feeling as you know he is not amongst the living?
I was going to say thins might be a residual haunting as you wrote that he only travels in your brothers room, your room and the hallway between them, but with this being taken and returned...
Thank you for your story, and I am anxious for the answers to my questions.
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
You know people say spirits that are here on earth can't rest for some reason or another, well I think maybe the little boy is being bothered by something. So if you check out who lived there before you and maybe how old the house is it might help you help him. And as long as it's not evil you should be fine 😁
jeann (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
I think it would be best to do a reseach as to the previous occupants of your house, so will know how to deal with the spirit, if you can help him in any way...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: