You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: In Our Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

In Our Mirror

 

I tried to do what my Mom calls an over view on the last story, but I missed a lot of stuff that happened in that house. I told you about the boy who would come out of my closet, but I only just started to tell you about the woman who looked like a man trying to dress up like a woman.

On the first floor of the house was a woman who usually stayed between Papa's bedroom, the bathroom (two doors lead to the bathroom, one in Papa's room and one through the kitchen). Whenever I did something wrong I would have to sit on the couch in the living room until I was ready to say sorry.

After a while of doing this a woman started to sit with me. I can't really describe her face, because it was strange. She looked like a man dressed up with make-up on. She even had a small mustache. She was kind to start, except for her creepy smile. She never said anything, just sat there with me. I started saying sorry pretty fast after that because I couldn't figure out her at all.

We had some people over for a cookout and were in the living room eating when my Aunt kept looking at the t.v. when it was off. I asked her what she was doing and she said she was trying to figure out who's reflection she kept seeing walk in front of the couch. Everyone was sitting down.

When I was taking showers or baths I could see the mirror on the back of one of the bathroom doors. She wasn't there all the time, but she would visit me in the mirror. One day in the fog of the window it said hi. I though Mom was playing with me and told her to quit when I got out. She didn't do it. Mom is pretty big on not lying, so I know she didn't.

After a few times of this I said hi. And finished my shower. The mirror then said "you can see me". I tried to just look out the corner of my eye while getting ready by the sink, so all I said was "yes, but I don't like to".

I told my Mom and she stormed into the bathroom. She ran the shower for a while and sat on the toilet to wait. The toilet was directly across from the mirror. The mirror told her to leave. We couldn't see it write, just saw the writing when it was done. We do not know how this was done.

My Mom's friend Brenda from work told Mom to give me a pen and a paper and I sat at the dining room table while Mom asked questions and Brenda watched. I got lots of scary answers. The thing did not like either Brenda or Mom and swore at them. Mom and Brenda tried lots of things to get rid of her, but it wasn't until Mom decided to let Brenda and her friends do a house blessing that things got weird.

I had to help with the blessing because I could see the things. We used holy water, salt, burning sage and chanted while walking all through the house. In my room, the boy just hid. He just felt sad. We told the things in the house that if it was good it could stay, if it was bad it had to leave.

When we got to Papa's room a scream started and did not end until we got into the basement. It sounded like we were killing someone. My Dad had to find something upstairs in a hurry for Brenda and he said that someone real strong pushed him up the stairs. When he got a couple steps from the top something yanked his leg out from under him. When Mom ran up to see what happened he was knocked out.

In the basement, the ladies said it was like a meeting place. I forget the word but a place where ghosts can come and go as they pleased. They thought this was how the lady got there. They burned my letter from the man/lady in a crack in the floor and closed that door.

Things stopped for a while after that, but didn't all the way end. Three years after we left that house it is still up for sale. People come and go, but no one stays.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, essiej, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vogue (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
thats pretty frightening!
i've never personally seen anything in a mirror before, but I did go through a phase where I was scared to even look at mirrors because my best friend Alloy did.

i can see that you and your mom get along really well :] its nice to know- I don't know many people who get along with their parents, so its refreshing.

i look forward to reading more of your posts!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Hello essiej! You DEFINITELY would not get as much credibility for your stories if your Mother was not the infamous Buffy(The WB) 😊, I call her Buffy if you didn't already know that. Not to say that your experiences do not ring true or anything. It's just people tend to listen less to young adults stories.
I know that you have really odd, spooky things going on in the house you live in now, but I'm a little confused about whether or not you live in the house with the boy that came out of the closet or not? I don't think that you do but I am not sure.
That house that had the incense in the closet. The incense, obviously, was there because the previous owner had the same problem. OR maybe worse! If this is the same home that the woman/man person was in, with their husband that never left the house, then I would think that it was influencing him or them not to leave and to be as odd as they were. The woman may have been odd from the beginning, obviously neglected by her own husband and probably was not right in the head, as well as her husband, if you know what I mean, because of the haunting and influences from the entities. Not finding your wife dead until two days later?! That's messed up! The woman didn't like your Mother because she was in HER home! Put two woman, living in the same home together and see how long it lasts! That's just the way woman are. That is HER home, as far as she's concerned! OR, another thought is that her husband was a cheater and she was jealous and was resentful towards the older women. He probably killed her that's why she wasn't found until two days later. By the son I believe. She was also around you, probably because she was lonely and wanted company. OR she liked having a young girl around. Maybe because she always wanted a girl but never had one. Who knows where the boy came from but it I feel that he was a victim of a horrible crime. That closet is most definitely the portal to another realm! Did you ever connect that maybe the old man that never left his home and the lady as weird as she and he were, could be connected to the boy. Maybe it was their little boy and they killed him. Maybe in the closet. Maybe not in the closet but somewhere else and he just hides in the closet for safety. That's why they were so messed up in the head and put incense in the closet!? If that were to be the case, then maybe they are ridden with guilt, which I doubt from the feeling I get or maybe they are just plan out psychotic and anti-social as well.
Was your Papa's room the weird owner's room? I wonder! His or maybe her room, maybe both of their room!? That was possibly the cause of the screaming. As weird and awkward as they were, I wouldn't doubt that he, she or both attacked your Father.
As for the basement being a meeting place for the spirits or ghosts, what have you, I think it IS possible since ghosties like dark places. That is their realm. What they know and are used to.
Anyway, that's my take on it! Thanks! ~Shelby ❀ 😊
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Guess I busted myself there. Mom kind of said it all there. We do run around the house at times.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hello Kim,
I honestly think we have come as far as we have only with the help of our friends, each other and the loving embrace of our Higher Power. I truly think that if we did not have our belief system and support of each other we would probably be stark raving mad by now.
And truthfully, there are times when I am scared out of my mind from things that both the children come to me with, but I am here in this place, and space of time for some plan that I do not yet know and may possibly never know. Well, that is until the day I stand in front of my Creator and all of this comes clear. If you could see us running through the house and skidding around corners while trying to remain in control of some situations, you might not have used the word "grace". πŸ˜†

Essie, put the brace back on. πŸ˜† ❀
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Wow, thank you both, esiej and whitebuffalo for elaborating.

Sounds as if that house was one active, interesting and frightening place. I am not sure I could have gotten through any of what you had with such grace.

Please keep us posted.

God Bless! 😁
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
jeann,the history in a knot the previous owner was a big druggie and died of an overdose that's it, exciting right lol. Well with everything else that my mom already
told you. The wife died etc.

kimsouth0, um well I do but its not the same my grandpa died and I see him now but I kind of block things out or ignore them I have so much stress right now I just have a lot of things on my mind and wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything.

whitebuffalo,
😳

demonhunter_zn, we tried like we have said nothing worked we are not joking or stetching the truth

frawin, lol thanks for your sympathy!

luvparanomal, whitebuffalo is my mom lol!
no I'm not scared I should be but I'm not I just don't give the spirits that advantage.
we moved after that... Twice.

moms not worried because I'm away I just recently got an injury I dislocated my knee 1/8 of an inch away from breaking completely out of socket and I am refusing to wear my brace at this time( she doesn't know shhh) and shes freaking out because I fall a lot lol.

frenchpeot, lol thank you for understanding me here I am taking a shower and this thing talks to me but its all good now

oh um I guess that with the writing thing the spirit thing was in my body I had no control I personally don't remember what was written but just that I wrote it. Just a fact the boy that was in my room once wrote me a love note and actually said I love you a couple tmes. Once I was sleeping and I felt a kiss on my cheek

😳

tonith, that could be true the boy in my closet folowed me to a couple houses.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
The professionals say a place is not haunted but that people are haunted. That's why when there is activity some people sense it while other's don't. Don't know how true all this is but there has to be a reason why some people go a lifetime without experiencing anything strange even in supposedly haunted places and other people have all sorts of episodes no matter where they are.
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
I love this story! I would be so scared if I saw that guy/woman in my bathroom mirror. I'd run out of there so fast, shampoo in my hair and everything! At first I assumed she would be nice (or he) but by the end of your story I sort of changed my mind...

When I was little, my parents would make me stand facing a corner regardless if I was sorry or not- one minute for every year of my life. It felt like forever, but I'd seriously be the best-behaved kid ever if I saw a creepy man dressed as a woman or vice versa standing next to me. Really, if I saw ANYTHING I would change my behavior pronto.

Have you had any recent experiences? I enjoy reading your stories. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
Hello luvparanormal.
Thank you for the high praise.
It would be an honor if the Great Spirit bestowed the power of sight onto me, even if it would scare the crud right out of me. However, it would appear that is not His plan for me at this time. That may be a good thing, I am having enough trouble helping the children through their sight! πŸ˜†
I am hoping, when essie gets back from her traveling that she can get on here and answer these comments, I imagine she is extremely busy trying to stay on the snow board though, and is not too concerned with anything else at this time. 😊 I need input though! Hurry back, Princess.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
Okay now I get it! I could not understand why whitebuffalo was continuing the story for essiej, but after reading the other stories I got it. I was thinking that white buffalo was a phsychic or something πŸ˜†
wow is all I can say I was in shock that you have this gift to be able to talk to these beings. Are you afraid of them? Do you still live there or did you already answer that in your story I guess I missed it.
Keep us informed. Whitebuffalo always and I mean always has such great advice for everyone here I would be all over her for info. I get the feeling she is your mom πŸ˜‰
Good luck and keep us posted.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Hello Essie. I am happy that you no longer live in that "house of horrors" and I would imagine that you are a whole lot happier than I am. From what you and your mother have said, one can only imagine what went on in that house. If I owned the house, I would burn it to the ground and then put the hot ashes out with holy water 😊.
I see what you were talking about(from an earlier post) that you had someone helping you but they got scared and bailed. I imagine that it would take someone with a lot of experience to handle a situation like that. I don`t know if I could or not. I`m glad it`s over for you, at least in that house. I`m still keeping you in my prayers. God Bless You.

FRAWIN ❀
demonhunter_zn (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
hi I am a demon hunter these portals can be closed by sprinkling holy water in the room where the portal is, sprinkle holy water in the room where the portal is daily that should stop them from getting in your house
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Sorry, essiej, I forgot one thing.
The house only went up for sale after the husband passed away in the home. The son arrived, saw his father laying on the living room floor, walked out the back door and straight to the police department about six blocks away. He never again went back into the house saying that he would not do so until he died.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Now, THAT explains the quick apologies, essiej πŸ˜‰.
I should not answer for you, but I will add something, then let you finish.
Months before we moved in, this house was bought by our landlady for a heck of a price. It was nasty. The last owner had never left the premises, if shopping was needed he simply sent his son out. The sons bedroom was the bedroom my daughter chose. We are wondering what he did in there as in all of the cracks in the walls of her closet were the butts of incense. All over. They were stuck up into the ceiling tiles of her room, in the closet, in all the little nooks and crannies of that room.
That owner had a dog that never left the house either. Never.
That owners wife had passed away under mysterious circumstances, with conflicting reports. She either drowned in the bathroom, or fell in the basement and was not able to get up into the rest of the house for help. The mysterious part is she passed approximately two days before she was discovered. Even though her husband NEVER left the home.
We found, in the rafters of the basement an old lock box, only a couple of inches high and about nine inches wide. More of a garage sale register, really. In that locked box were photo's of young ladies in various stages of undress, needles with remnants of something in them, a wadded up baby dress, one bead and one necklace.
All we were ever able to find out is that there may have been a lei line running under the house. I am not sure what that is, or if it is even spelled right.
As for the writing, essiej was in a trance induced by Brenda (hypnotised) to see if it indeed was essiej or another entity writing on the mirror. We would ask the "entity" questions and the answers were written back in someone else's writing, or it at least appeared to be someone else's writing. That was my first experience with that.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
I would agree, it sounds as if your basement was a very active portal.
When you say that they gave you a paper nad a pen, where your writing what the 'entities' told you to, or how was that working?

Do you still have 'visits' where you live now?

God Bless!
jeann (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
That is pretty creepy. Maybe what they're saying as a "meeting place" meant it is a portal where spirits can pass so they can go back to the world of the living. This portals are sometimes opened unknowingly and might cause this kinds of hauntings. I believe you have an open sixth sense since you are the only one able to see them. I am just wondering about the house's history? Have you tried researching about it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: