You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Office Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Office Hauntings

 

So this story of mine is quite normal compared to the experiences of my co-workers in Ortigas. But being ignorant to the happenings on that place and experiencing it first hand sums up a frightening story.

It was a normal Monday afternoon in our office. About 2:30 PM and our office was busy with meetings,  reports and other paperwork. There I was sitting at my cubicle  finishing some paperwork and rushed reports,  when suddenly I heard a low "psst" at my back. I quickly turned to where the "psst" came from but all of the people in my station at that time (there were 2 people in my station) were busy finishing their work. I decided that maybe it was one of my co-worker playing a trick on me so I quickly paid no attention to it and got back to my work. About 20 minutes have passed, another "psst" came from behind me. That time I didn't bother to turn around because in my mind, it must be one of my co-workers playing a trick on me. Soon I can hear a continuous "psst" from my back. I was getting irritated that's why I took my laptop and moved to the next table that is just besides mine.

I quickly plugged my laptop to the internet and continued my work. But after 30 minutes of finishing my report, I heard another "psst" and this time it didn't came from my back but instead it came from under the table where I was working. I pushed my chair so that I could see under my table but there's no one there. I stood up and asked my co-workers If they were the one who was creating the "psst" noise and if they heard it. They said that they weren't and that they didn't hear anything. I was really scared that time and I felt goosebumps all over my body.

I returned to my own table, submitted my report and went home early that afternoon. Turns out, I'm not the only one who experienced that. Some of my co-workers shared their story and they were more frightening than mine. Some of them would even run out from their own cubicle but some of them were already used to it that they don't mind anymore. Thanks for taking the time to read my story and more powers to YGS!

Other hauntings by Zaruje

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zaruje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
Hello sorry for the late response. I don't know maybe my server has a problem because everyday I check on this site, my story is nowhere to be found LOL. Thank you for reading my story.

Argette - maybe you're right. The emotions are contributing to the happenings on a certain place.

Melda - funny coz that's what my mom also told me on what to do hehe. But I will definitely try it when I come back to the office.

Thank you 😊
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-17)
Zaruje - I can understand that it would have made you extremely uneasy when you realised what it was.

I have a regular "visitor" in my home, he isn't here all the time. I call him my "cupboard ghost" because he scratches in my husband's cupboard (closet). When he became noisy I told him off in a very calm manner and he immediately toned down the noise. If he occasionally becomes a bit too noisy I remind him of our agreement that he can stay as long as he isn't noisy. Works like a charm for me.

Perhaps next time you should just tell it to leave you alone as it is preventing you from concentrating on your work. There is a possibility that it will obey you.

It sounds as though it could be a mischievous spirit just looking for attention and finding the reactions of you and your co-workers very amusing! Then again, I don't know what your co-workers have experienced. Anyway, perhaps try what I suggested, It just might work for you.

Regards, Melda
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-16)
It never surprises me to read about haunted workplaces. I've worked in three myself. So many emotions are caused by work, good, bad and, as we know, even murderous.

For several years I worked in a renovated public building, not too large, in a rather deserted, seamier part of a city. There were warehouses and strip clubs nearby.

I used to go in on Sunday afternoons in order to meet deadlines. I'd be the only one there. I'd unset the downstairs alarm, but not the upstairs one. I'd often hear footsteps upstairs, of course. Once the motion detector alarm went off up there. The police responded.

Well into the job I learned that the area near my desk was regarded as especially haunted. I never felt totally at ease, but I brushed it off as my imagination.

But back to your experience: I'd be scared beyond scared if an entity were hiding under my desk!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: