You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Breathing Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Breathing Spirit

 

Just wanted to share my story with the Breather Spirit. First, I heard this when I was around 16, in the apartment I lived with my parents (in Latvia, Riga). I woke up around 4AM and heard the sound of breathing from the far corner. It sounded tranquil and rhythmical, like somebody is asleep. It really terrified me, I just pulled the cover over my head listened to the sound. It lasted for more than an hour, I believe. It ended with the morning sun, when my cat run into the room and started to mess around.

This apartment had always had weird, eerie feel, but nothing too spectacular. My parents claimed they have seen shadow people on several occasions, they also had a vivid sleep paralysis experiences. Once my Mum comes into my room asking what did I want, why I was calling her - but I never called her! But I just always thought she just has some kind of psychic ability. I only have heard knocks on the window at night (we live at 5th level). But I had always wrote it off to imagination afterwards. But this time, with the breathing sound it was different.

After some time I heard the breathing sound again - at night.

Then I eventually moved out from the apartment, as I started college and after few years I heard the sound in another apartment altogether - It surprised me, I must say!

The strangest experience occurred much later (after 6 years or so). I had moved to another country, and stayed in my friends flat in Dublin. It was quite difficult time for me, I lost my rented place and my job too - so it really sucked to be me back then:)... Then, during day (!), I heard the Breathing Sound in flats living room. I freaked! I wasn't so afraid, as I tend not to be so terrified during day... So I could even point where exactly the sound is coming from - it was from the middle of the room, very low - could be like a lying down dog! There was nothing there. THEN I freaked and ran to the other room to tell my friend. When she came in, it was gone. Friend told me that It can not possibly happen in HER flat (even she is a strong believer in paranormal) - that she has been there for years, and the flat has a nice atmosphere. She told me that I must be hearing imagined things due to stressful events in my life and I needed to chill. Weirdly enough, quite soon after hearing this, my life improved - I got another job and a great apartment to rent.

After I moved out, my friend rang me to tell that she has no choice but to believe me - that she had heard the breathing in her flat herself! It occurred there with her only once - It is almost like the spirit wanted to prove his existence, it didn't want to be diminished. She also said that this didn't scare her at all, that she could even sense some positive vibe from its presence!

Then, after several years - a week ago from now actually - I was visiting my Mum in my old childhood apartment. I woke up around 5AM, I think I actually woke up from the breathing sound. It was coming from the same corner as when I first heard it back then. This time I surprised myself: I was curious, not really terrified. I was trying to tell myself before that during night-time our mind / perception can work tricks on us etc. But this time the sound was unmistakable and clear: It was peaceful, like somebody is deeply asleep; very quiet inhaling, loud exhaling. I was listening for a while and even sat up on my bed. It almost got louder as I did it! I think It wants to be heard! I stand up, It was still there. It sounded more like a human this time. So I stand in my room thinking all possible rational explanations: I even considered I'm just hearing my Mum in the next room, but it is not really possible. The radiators are turned off for the spring season, we live on 5th level. It was quite light in my room, I could clearly see everything. I turned on the small light on my night stand. The moment I did so, It stopped - now I almost regret doing it... Only later on I gathered that I should have had recorded on my phone - yes, I think the sound was in fact that loud.

Anyway, I believe we are always watched - we might have several spirit guides; I tend to believe it came to comfort me previous time... May be it is some spirit form that has no other means to communicate as only to breathe... May be I had a pet in previous life who came over and wants to be around?... May be It is choosing to only breathe, not to completely freak me out... I would love to read your experiences or ideas about this entity...

Other hauntings by Bastet

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bastet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bastet (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-29)
Hi Dirt Creature- yes, that is what it seemed like, that the Spirit didn't like his existence to be questuioned! He also showed itself to my friend like this only once...
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
This is actually very fascinating. It really shows that those beyond the veil have their own unique ways of communicating with the living. I find it very amusing how entities can get snarky with humans. "I'm not real? You want to bet on that?" Haha.
Bastet (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
Hi Melda, thank you for your comment - Yes, that's correct -the spirit was disappearing for like years, only to show himself while I was visiting my Mom in her (and my childhood) apartment! Seems he had been following me before and appearing in unexpected places, but his natural environment seems to be there 😆!

I also discovered that I tend to project our fears on what I experience, as my friend impression of the Spirit was different! I see It quite different now too, I like having him:)

BTW - forgot to mention, but when I was over to visit my Mom, her cat was being weird that night - she was about 4 meters away from us, facing away, growling and hissing looking into the corner ant something. My Mom thought that She is just stressed to have me arround LOL. But the cat is very calm, hasn't almost never acted out.
When I heard it first time I thought that the Spirit is may be connected to the living space, but now I tend to think it is something like Guardian (possibly sleeping on the job - 😆 ❤ - loved this one haha!).
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
Bastet - You are more than likely correct that the only way this spirit can make contact with you is by the breathing sound it makes.

It might have followed you to your friend's apartment and when she put it down it down to your imagination, it decided to prove her wrong, and then probably returned to you.

Am I correct that you didn't experience these breathing incidents for a few years? Possibly this entity makes itself known when a life changing event is about to take place in your life.

Sorry, I have never experienced anything like this before so cannot actually be very helpful.

(Maybe your guardian spirit is sleeping on the job? Joking!)

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: