You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Girl in the White Dress

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl in the White Dress

 

When I was young, my aunt (who first introduced me to the world of the paranormal), always said to me that I had a gift. While my mother was pregnant with me, my father had built our house that we now live in. Previously, there had been an old house that had been knocked down to make way for a safer new house. My parents had been living there a couple of months before I was born. All was well until they brought me home from the hospital, when strange things started happening.

My mother told me the telly would switch on and off by itself. At night time they would hear babies crying, they would check me but I would be sound asleep. This went on for a few years when one day I was talking to my mother, when I mentioned my new friend that I was playing with, my mother took no notice and assumed that I had an imaginary friend, she told me she would hear me talking and come down and there would be nobody around. This also went on for quite sometime.

We had an old friend of the family (who we will call mary for the sake of the story) around for tea one day. I was playing when I said something that made mary shudder and to this day she says it still puts a chill down her spine. I mentioned my friends name, sarah, mary turned around and asked me who sarah was and I said the girl in the white dress with the long blonde hair. I carried on playing while mary explained. In the old house a family had lived. There was a little girl who had tragically died just before her first holy communion. She was laid out, where our sitting room would be now in her white dress with her long blonde hair down and her name was sarah. My mother was distressed by this and took me to a local man who is a faith healer and she asked him to stop whatever was happening to me until I was old enough to understand, which honestly I don't think I ever will.

My parents had a mass said in the house to help the spirits to move on. After the mass my mother and her sister went to the bathroom (as they were too afraid to go by themselves) and when they opened the door, there was an old lady standing there waving and then she disappeared. God only knows who this old lady was but I hope she is in a better place.

This is the first of many stories, I hope to write and share all my experiences with you. I would love to hear any comments that anybody has to offer. Thank you for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, charmingangie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostFollowerKate (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-28)
I don't believe that you have a gift, many children have been known to see things, and something that is not rare is not a gift. I was just wondering if any other experiences happend, after or during the mass? Did you check on the history of the area your house was built on?

x 😕
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-28)
Mabe the old lady was the girl's grandmother and wanted to see her again. 😕
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
I would echo the other comments, do you know how Sarah died? Do you know if there where others that died in the house? After the mass, your mother and sister seeing the old lady leave (I assume with the mass, she was able to cross over and find her peace), have ther ebeen future experiences?

thank you for sharing a wonderful story, I can not wait to hear more 😁

God Bless!
mcrgirl623 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
thats so wierd what happened to the girl sarah how did she die? Thats what I want to know but really good story 😊
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
Children can see things I've been told that we can't and that is due to their inocense (did I spell that right?)anyway. Them and animals can see things we cannot. Do you still see things like that and how do you handle it now that your older?
GlendaSC (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Angie - I came here from psychic stories to read your story since you invited me. Thank-you. Had to sign up for the first time like I did the first time I went to Psychic Stories. Not interchangeable I guess.

Anyway, I wondered if you still see or sense presences? I've heard it's easier for children because they haven't learned yet that people are "gone" when they die. I think you will always have this gift because it was so clear to you. I don't see ghosts, but sense presences now and then. Once in a job interview kept having to struggle to make myself focus because a photo of a 16 year old female kept drawing my attention on a shelf in the room. I felt she was so sweet, and in the room. Finally, risking not getting the job and feeling odd, I asked the man interviewing who the young person was. It was his daughter at 16, a year before, who had just started driving on her own. She had a wreck and died. I had tears because my oldest at the time was almost 16 and going for his test soon. The man told me we couldn't keep them from life and doing things like driving. She was his and his wife's only child. Others told me later, they were very close and she use to go there, to his office a lot, when her mom went shopping. Everyone thought she was sweet and nice. I never told him, he didn't ask and he knew I felt something, but I felt her in that office more than once. I've felt several people that have passed, but not seen them except a few times in dreams and a few, rare times when I was awake. Not a lot.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Hi charmingangie, thank you for sharing your story with us, it was very interesting. I was pleased that the spirits found peace. I have to agree with Tonith that it appears that you have a gift. If you don`t fear what you see, you could be a great help to the stranded spirits. I will be looking forward to your future stories. Take Care and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Hi charmingangie,
I do not know if you are the reason these beings came to the house, or if the reconstruction of the home is the cause of the beings visiting, but I do think they had a connection to you. Children are natural magnets, so to speak. And it seems as if most imaginary friends are not really imaginary, only unseen by all.
I believe, while performing this mass, the girl who was "robbed" of her chance of an earthly first holy communion, you all released her soul to go to the place where she was meant to be in this part of her time line. She needed that blessing, and you all provided it for her. Thanks to the memory of your friend of the family.
The older woman may have been the girls companion. I assume she was rather young, how old are you when you take your first holy communion? Sometimes the young ones have a companion of some sort to help them through the transition that they seem to be frightened of. Or even unknowledgeable of. In releasing the girl, you have also released the woman into the peace of the afterlife.
Thank you to all concerned for your sensitivity to the necessities of these beings. Eternal peace is so much better than an existence stuck in between two realms. Thank you for your story.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
I wonder if the elderly spirit and the little girl spirit are connected in any way? I don't think ghosts age so chances are we are talking about two different entities. Do you still live in the same house? Did the activity stop after the mass was said? Sounds like you still have the gift. I will await other stories.
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
This is a good story. I'm just curious- do you know exactly how the little girl died?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: