You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Gold Ring

Real Ghost Stories

The Gold Ring

 

My husband and I moved into our first house back in October of 2011. It was a week or so before Christmas. The winter air was cool and crisp and we decided to go out to dinner with my brother in law, his wife and my sister in law. I had worked that morning and knew we would have company, so I thoroughly cleaned the house before everyone came over. Nothing out of the ordinary.

After dinner, we returned to the house to watch a movie before the in laws left. I was walking through my hallway to use the restroom and I stepped on something solid. When I lifted my foot up, there was a gold ring on the floor. Now, I have small, slim fingers and it is rare I find a ring that fits me without getting it re-sized.

I pick the ring up and asked both my sister in laws if they dropped it. They had never seen it before. I decided to try it on and it actually fit me. Puzzled, we started talking about it. I had never seen that ring before in my life. I had just vacuumed hours before this and it was not there. It seems as if it appeared out of thin air.

After I found that ring, my husband and I started having experiences in that house. I still have it in my jewelry box to this day. I know this isn't particularly scary, I have many other stories that are, but this one has kind of stuck with me.

The ring is very pretty, not too sure how old it is or if it is even real. I asked other people who were at my house around the time I found it and no one claimed it. I was wondering if it had any meaning behind it or if anyone else has ever found a phantom piece of jewelry.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xOrbit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-14)
xOrbit - You say you moved into the house in October 2011.

For how long had you been living there when the ring appeared? Many people find that things disappear and then suddenly reappear in the strangest places. In fact I also had a disappearing and reappearing incident with a pair of eye-glasses.

I'm asking this because it just might be possible that the previous resident had a ring which disappeared and the "culprit" decided to return it but obviously to the house and not to the particular owner. This could also be the reason for new activity in your home. Perhaps an entity that used to visit previous residents has for some reason, known only to itself, returned to the house.

What is the ring made of, ie gold, silver, diamonds, other stones which you think might be fake? I'm simply a bit curious about that as you said the ring might not be real. You could always take it to a jeweler to satisfy your own curiosity as to the authenticity of the ring, if you haven't already done so.

Regards, Melda
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
It's mine! Just kidding. Do you have a picture of the ring, and like L_Melb asked, what "experiences" did you and your husband hav ein the house after finding the ring?
L_Melb (220 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-10)
Hi xOrbit,
Thanks for sharing this experience.
What kind of things began happening after you found the ring?
It is a strange find but what makes you think there could be a connection?
Thanks again and yes, I am a curious type 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: