You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hunchback Woman

Real Ghost Stories

The Hunchback Woman

 

I wanted to share my experience with you guys. I am not sure what it means or anything but if you do make it to the end of this story you can decide for yourself and let me know what you think.

One night when I was 13, I couldn't sleep so I tried to turn the other way, on my side, to try to get myself comfy. As I turned around, I saw a figure of a woman against the wall in front of me. She was kind of a black figure and she seemed to have a hunchback and a hump on her back from the way she was standing. This of course, freaked me out, especially since I was only 13. I lay in shock and not knowing what to do and after like two seconds I put my head under the covers and called for my mum. She came in and I was afraid to tell her in case she thought I was crazy so I just told her that I had a really bad dream. I was definitely not asleep. I couldn't sleep for a few nights as it freaked me out so much.

This kind of went away after a few weeks and I was gradually able to sleep again.

However, a few weeks after this had happened, I was getting pains in my back and I went to the doctors to get scans and things. I then found out I had scoliosis (curvature of the spine). I eventually started to getting a slight hump in my back because of this.

It has been 10 years since I saw this woman but I can never get it out of my mind. I have since told my mum about this and she seemed freaked out about it as well. I am not sure what this means or if it was a ghost/spirit trying to tell me something. I have no idea but it really did freak me out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nifferz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PirateQueen (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-24)
Hey Nifferrz!

This was a pretty unique story...I've never really heard anything like it.
As both a person who's had run ins with the paranormal and a sufferer of scoliosis myself, I appreciate it.
I was wondering if I could have permission to include your story on my YouTube horror channel to narrate.
It would make such a creepy addition and you would be fully credited.

I hope to hear back from you, and in the meantime, I hope your condition isn't causing you too much discomfort:/
I know mine is right now haha

Take Care 😁
HunterJack (4 stories) (26 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-18)
[at] Nifferz: thanks for sharing. The hunchback women you saw might be your ancestors soul. She came to warn you and give preventive attention over your spine curvature. Consult a doctor soon and take treatment.

With Respect,

Arunbabu [at] Hunterjack
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-17)
Greetings, Nifferz.

My initial thought was that this woman my have been trying to warn you about your condition in advance of any manifestation of symptoms. This is one possibility (especially if you have a deceased family member who suffered from scoliosis).

Before heading down that path of inquiry, though, I'd like to throw in a disclaimer. Odd as it may sound, sometimes the subconscious brain conjures up images because it is aware there is a problem that your conscious brain has not yet noticed.

Both of these options account for what you saw. Either you and your family have a guardian spirit, or you've got a vigilant nervous system trying to protect you...

I know that scoliosis can be painful and frustrating; I suspect your upsetting experience with the hunch-backed apparition led you to visit a doctor sooner, thereby getting the medical attention you needed.

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: