You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Reawakening And Lost In Time

Real Ghost Stories

Reawakening And Lost In Time

 

A few years ago, I wrote two stories published on this site about coming to realization of awakening as a psychic medium, and my experiences and encounters with the paranormal. At the time, I was barely even a teen, which was a very sensitive state for myself, as I was caught in countless tough situations. I'm now 15 years old, and I don't face as many challenges to seek help as much as I did before. However, as years went by, my family moved from our previous home (mentioned in last story) to the house I currently live in. The whole process of which caused my family distress, myself greatly.

It was the summer, a year from now to be exact. After the time my family spent in the old Victorian home we moved into, I managed to help pass the deceased to leave the old house. Not much later, my mom's work forced our entire family to leave in a haste. At the time, I felt tired and angered, mainly because I worked endlessly to make these ghost leave with no support whatsoever from my family, and to only to move out little after. It made my efforts feel, well, worthless. I finally proclaimed the home as my own after such work, only to be invalidated, or that's what it felt to me at least. In the end, I packed none the less, only with a feeling of negativity when I left. I wasn't sure why I felt so bad, but just noted it off as me being selfish for feeling the way I did.

The house my parents bought happened to be in the rocky mountains of Colorado, in a relatively small town with high priced homes, something not really my taste. When we arrived to our new home, I knew that the closer we drew to the state, town, and home, something wasn't particularly right. When we arrived, my family eventually settled with no worries, their rooms set up completely. I on the other hand, hadn't dared to unpack anything else besides my bed and essentials. I wasn't sure what feeling I felt, but it was a feeling in my gut, something that felt vaguely familiar, as if I've felt it before. The feeling 100% was trusting every bit of it. Call it intuition, I suppose.

The room I was in settled in the far back corner of the house, was shut off from any light other than two windows. My bed sat directly across the closet in the room, which I was entirely against of. The first night we spent there, I laid awake very late with an unsettling feeling from the dark closet I planned to keep closed 24/7. But it was then that it dawned upon me, that that 'gut' feeling embedded in me was like a car alarm set off, because of what my body sensed before I could mentally, was that there was a ghost. Ironically, it was the room I bedded that really set my inner 'detection' off in a subtle manner. But at the moment, I wondered why I hadn't sensed this earlier more easily? I thought it was silly to be more worried about that then directing my attention to this spirit, but deep down, I was afraid I somehow was 'losing' my abilities.

A week had passed, and I was coming to terms with the possibility of losing my sight. At that point, all I could manage was sensing the presence. I wasn't able to communicate, visually see, touch, or help pass. It was difficult, especially at how quick everything was dwindling for me. It made me defenseless with no way of assessing a spiritual situation without physically being in one. During my strongest time being psychic, I was able to sense without being in the place, I could even sense people, seeing possible outcomes of their future or past. I'm not sure if that underlines under being just a medium, but possibly a psychic for the living? (hope that makes sense).

Fast forwards, I met with my aunt who happened to be psychic too, only higher in abilities. At that point, I believed I lost my ability whole, as I was no longer able to feel anything. Of course, my aunt felt and knew, and questioned me about it. It was no surprise. She asked me all sorts of questions, even about things I'd never mentioned to her before. Most of what she said confused me, until she clarified. And shockingly, she said something I wouldn't imagine. If I can recall exactly, she said:

"You think you can lose your sight, but you cannot. There's a reason you were given this gift. It is inside both you and I (pointed at both our chests). This feeling of it being 'gone' is your own mind and body telling you are lost."

"You've gone through a trial of unveiling your true strength, unfortunately overpowering yourself. (referred to my experiences at previous house) You needed rest, but did not nurture yourself. You're lost now, but in time, your ability will come back."

After our chat and before I left, she gave me a necklace that she once wore in the beginning of her experiences of a medium. I wasn't sure why she'd given it to me, but I wore it. I was thankful for her wisdom as she'd been in this endless cycle her entire life, and I've only been by a few years.

A month into our stay, I slowly regained my consciousness and ability. It was like experiencing my first awakenings as a medium, first starting with dreams, sense, sight, communication, etc. Everything I could do before had come back to me, little by little, like baby steps. I could see and communicate to the spirit in my home, and learned more of it's presence as who they used to be. The spirit is non malevolent, and has a tragic past.

I frequently experience flashes of images, and sometimes I visually see a 'scenario' sort of thing play in front of me, like I'm there.

In one case, I saw images in my head play over and a pull sensational in my stomach to go to the hallway/kitchen area, almost like they sought out for help. Immediately, I followed and noticed the spirit's presence. Instead of coming to see an empty kitchen/hallway area, I saw a man lying on the floor. I could hear the siren of police and paramedics outside, as I watched in dismay as the front door flew open, and in came paramedics that rushed to the man's side. They repeated over and over, 'stay with me' and they flashed his eyes with lights. Not much later, they pulled a stretcher in and took away, and just as sudden as the scene appeared, disappeared in an instant.

It made me question countless things, as I sensed a variety of feelings that were not mine, as I was highly sensitive to pick on a spirits emotions. I went from feeling normal, to completely confused, angered, and frustrated with a sense of being lost in time. It's normal for spirits to not completely know they're dead, but this one knew, which threw me off. However, I regained my composure and knew that this person needed help to pass over.

In the end, the spirit found their peace.

And being curious after everything, I decided to look the house's history up. And a little surprising, I found that the previous owners rushed out after the death of an overdosed man died at one of their parties, and the man the died happened to be the spirit I came in contact with. It's sad to know that that was how his life ended, but it left me feel better knowing I helped him.

- - - - -

However, recently, I found items in the attic of our home with items that belongs to the man. Does anyone know how or what I can do with them? Obviously, I don't want to disturb or keep them, knowing who they belong to respectfully.

Any suggestions?

Other hauntings by FallenAngel98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FallenAngel98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PurplePanda (18 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-03)
One reason his friends may have fled is that it is likely they were using illegal drugs and were afraid of getting arrested.

We gave a huge opioid crisis here in NH and since I work in a hospital, I see and hear a lot.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
"And as far as I know, there's not troll haha."

Awww Shucks I so wanted to break out the Miss Demeanor. ❤ 😉

Respectfully,

Rook
FallenAngel98 (3 stories) (20 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Coopthepoop,
I don't think siding is the best idea, and I'd like to just drop the whole topic. If I offended her, then I offended her. Obviously, I did stereotype a bit, which I didn't intend to. And like I said, I had apologized for it.

- FallenAngel98

This comment from coopthepoop is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
FallenAngel - since I am one of those middle-aged women, I feel compelled to respond to your comment. You are doing exactly what you accused us of: stereotyping. Just because we are middle-aged women doesn't mean we assume you to be a liar. We take everything into consideration, including attitude.

And for the record, teens aren't the only ones who submit false stories.
coopthepoop (2 posts)
-4
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Fallen,

I'm not sure what's really going on, but from what I've read so far from the comments, I don't disagree with you entirely. My impression from your comment didn't come off as negative, and felt blunt, just like you'd said. I think I'd say about the same if I experience anything you have.

None the less, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, feelings, and thoughts, including you, however for this site, typically the members are similar to SJW, so anything will come off as 'negative' or 'rude' and offend them. I'm not generalizing, but that's the YGS community comes off.

I agree you need to contact the police in any form, and let them know the situation. I'd advise like how other had said, to not touch the needles, even if it'd been years since it'd been touch, it's just not sanitary and safe.

Best Wishes,
Coopthepoop
FallenAngel98 (3 stories) (20 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Maybe I jumped to conclusions, but from every other site I've been to, I have experienced and seen negativity surrounding teens. I know it's wrong to expect that from here, but I guess it's the mindset I've grown accustomed to, something I'm still trying to break, but I think anyone would jump to the defense after similar experiences, unless that's just me.

I do apologize if anything I've said comes off immature, biased, or rude/offensive, I'm very blunt and sometimes that gives others the impression that what I say is negativ. That's not the case, by the way.

But! I really appreciate that you all comment advice and positive feedback, it really helps.
And as far as I know, there's not troll haha.

- FallenAngel98
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Oh jeesh Rook, conflicts of interest. 😲

I just got the opposite, as you can tell lol. Nah I think Fallen has been hijacked by some stupid people in her life that see her age and not her personality. So it spills out onto the internet as well. You know, if you're treated a certain way for long enough you expect it from everyone. That's my impression.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
FallenAngel, people guilt trip on here all the time, it goes with the territory of being an utter time waster. It's soo infuriating. I can tell now that you're legit and I'm the big ogar who's been fooled too many times by idiots. (See: Jaded)

I kind of skipped my teen years, had to grow up fast in my family so I perhaps have no point of reference. Point being I jumped to the wrong conclusions. I hope that you stick around and converse with the members who've plugged into your situation. About the only thing I can offer is to tell the police whos things you have. Instead of saying you found something (sounds random). Give them your street address and tell them the guy in the article lived there and blah blah blah. I'm sure they'll get off their donut butts then. 😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Fallen,

What in the Seven Hells ever gave you this impression about YGS...

"I think it's a little harder for younger mediums, or anyone with a sort of ability to be on this site. Why? Because of our age, our stories are looked at as 'make believe' or 'fake',..."

While it may be true that many a 'story' that has been 'dismissed' by members was submitted by a teen that does not mean the members of YGS 'expect' that. Nor do we read the 'age' category see 'teenager' and automatically dismiss it as a 'story' rather than a 'TRUE EXPERIENCE'.

As far as "older people, commonly middle aged women, come to comment and tell the author how things are, and whatnot."

Huh? That makes me think of 'Day Time Soap Operas' the individual stuck at home with nothing better to do than 'Watch their stories'.

ANYWAY what brought all this on? You have submitted 3 experiences, all 3 have been well written and commented on in very positive ways (including advice on how to 'use/control' your abilities and yet...

You know what, never mind...let's just get off of this whole 'middle aged women thing' and move on because I think I may be smelling 'troll'...Could someone have 'hijacked FA's log in? Time to re-read comments, see how consistent they are...

Respectfully,

Rook
FallenAngel98 (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
I sat for a long time before writing, so every word I put out is nothing near to taking any of what everyone has put personal. Like I said, it's difficult to convey a message over the internet.

However, I don't know why you said 'I won't be guilt tripped into not asking this'?
I don't know how you'd be guilt tripped into anything.

But! I live in two states, Arizona and Colorado. I only live in Colorado for better school opportunities, and I have a house down with my grandparents in Arizona since they're pretty old and need a bit of help here and there.

- FallenAngel98
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
What on Earth does age have to do with anything? I think you're projecting other parts of your life onto the internet. There's no age judging around here. The regulars take each submission as it's own. 😕
We've GOT to ask questions because there's LOTS of idiots, don't take it personally.

I won't be guilt tripped into not asking this:
What's the deal with Arizona/Colorado?
FallenAngel98 (3 stories) (20 posts)
-3
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Conveying a message over the internet can be perceived differently by anyone. If you see my profile as threatening, then it must apply to you, if not, then it doesn't. I don't see anything wrong with what I've posted, but I know that what I put up is as honest as it should always be. But if what I said,
'I did not come here to be looked down at by middle aged moms, just because I'm young.
So don't leave negative comments cause guess what
I can see peoples futures, including you.'
Is what deems me as a 'typical cocky teen', then so it does.
In all honestly, I think this is a waste of my time, that I even have to put this out here, but oh well. I'd just like to say, I think it's a little harder for younger mediums, or anyone with a sort of ability to be on this site. Why? Because of our age, our stories are looked at as 'make believe' or 'fake', and older people, commonly middle aged women, come to comment and tell the author how things are, and whatnot.
Obviously, this may just be me that this applies to, but I know that younger authors are more often questioned for what they post, exactly like my own.
I guess that must be why my profile is 'threatening.' But no, I'm just a 'typical cocky teen.' And I know also that some of you that read this won't like what I'm saying, but at this point, I'm done. By the way, I've never down voted on anyones comment, neither deemed them negative whatsoever. I listen to what others say, because I came here to learn, not bicker, but that just can't be helped can it?

Sincerely,
FallenAngel98
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
General question to the group: Since when is reading someone's future a threat or threatening?
I admit it does read like an attempt at one, but as far as 'threatening' goes - to me this doesn't even warrant the usual ban warning, and we all know how that usually goes. (We all wave bye-bye to them.) It really does read like the 'typical cocky teen', as Rook puts it. As far as negative comments go, I went through and read every single comment made on all of FallenAngel's stories, and found none. So... Not sure what, if anything proceeded the 'threat', except for her own preconceived fears that she'd be bombarded with them. Take it with a grain of salt, guys. I don't think of it so much as a 'threat' but a sign of someone hurting, expecting not to be believed.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
I have no doubt that your experiences are 'true'. I find it really 'cool' that you in fact did some historic research and found details that backed up what you had 'seen' and thank you for this submission...

HOWEVER I feel there is something that has been mentioned between things you stated in this submission, on your Profile and with-in the comments section that needs further addressing. It concerns your physic/medium ship...

Let's start with this statement from you, as you referred to previous submissions/experiences you have been through...

"I was barely even a teen, which was a very sensitive state for myself, as I was caught in countless tough situations. I'm now 15 years old..."

How old were you when you began to notice your 'abilities' AND what kind of research into them did you do? Did you speak to this 'Aunt' you mention as your 'ablities' began to manifest?

You go on to state that during the time of this experience...

"Ironically, it was the room I bedded that really set my inner 'detection' off in a subtle manner. But at the moment, I wondered why I hadn't sensed this earlier more easily? I thought it was silly to be more worried about that then directing my attention to this spirit, but deep down, I was afraid I somehow was 'losing' my abilities."

Very Young Children seem to be able to 'see' spirits very easily, sometimes they may even interact with them, this tends to be because of how close to the 'veil' between worlds they still are... As they (we) age we 'grow out of' this... In some instances this ability stays with us and we have to learn how to 'deal' with it. Puberty can also effect these 'abilities' some who did not have 'it/them' before develop them, others who 'had' them lose them and/or what an individual was sensitive to may change or 'lose'. Your Aunt was being kind when she told you this...

"You think you can lose your sight, but you cannot. There's a reason you were given this gift. It is inside both you and I (pointed at both our chests). This feeling of it being 'gone' is your own mind and body telling you are lost.

"You've gone through a trial of unveiling your true strength, unfortunately overpowering yourself. (referred to my experiences at previous house) You needed rest, but did not nurture yourself. You're lost now, but in time, your ability will come back."

Que the 'study and research vs experience' train...

Between 'overexerting' yourself and the physical/mental changes an individual goes through during Puberty its no surprise your abilities 'waned'. I 'feel' your Aunt was being 'poetic' and 'kind hearted' by phrasing things the way she did, BECASUE she 'saw' you would not 'shut out' your abilities (as so many do as they grow older) but that you would embrace them.

As for your profile... It reads pretty typical for a cocky 'young' teen. I have no doubt that all your experiences are 'true'...from your point of view they are something that you 'experienced'. Remember to actually READ what is being stated, just because it may be something you do not 'want to hear' does not mean it is a 'negative comment'.

Question: Why you down on middle aged moms? 😕 That's a pretty specific group to be 'calling out'.

One last thing... If you feel my comment has been negative... Feel free to see my future...I'm not scared. 😲

Respectfully,

Rook
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
FallenAngel - Okay, following on Tweed's comment about your profile page (which I didn't look at before) it does come across as just a wee bit aggressive.

Have you got a problem with middle aged moms? I'm in fact way past being a middle aged mom - in fact a grandmother of six! I reckon there are a few moms and grandmothers who could teach you a thing or two 😆

Care to foretell my future? I'm on tenterhooks.

Regards, Melda
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Are you in Colorado? Your profile says Arizona.

Character limit 50 foxes
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
FallenAngel, your profile reads a little like a threat.😕

"My name is Noelle and I'm a psychic medium.
I gotta deal with spirits 24/7 so that's pretty cool I guess:)
Every one of my experiences are true.
I did not come here to be looked down at by middle aged moms, just because I'm young.
So don't leave negative comments cause guess what
I can see peoples futures, including you.
:) "

I know I'm not your favourite poster, but jeesh. I don't believe in pre-determined fate, I'm not middle age and I'll never be a parent.

Tell the police who these items belong/belonged to. They'll be as willing as the wind.
FallenAngel98 (3 stories) (20 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Biblio,

Thank you for the advice. So far I haven't touched any of the persons personal belongings yet, and still working to get in contact with the police (there lazy as heck, so it'll probably be awhile).
I also actually find that what you think is understandable and quite possible in what may have happened in the past situation. I think that his belongings being hidden away is suspicious, so I don't doubt there wasn't any guilty foul play involved before and after the placed police call.

And my house only has an attic, located at the end of the main hallway, directly in front of my room, which you're completely right about. I'm not sure if I miswrote any detail, but overall that's where it is.
Thanks so much again, I found your comment actually very helpful.

- FallenAngel98
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-30)
Greetings, FallenAngel.

First: do NOT physically touch the needles. Evidence in a death (and if the previous homeowners felt responsible, a potential homicide) should be turned over to the police. In one key regard, police are a bit like doctors, lawyers, librarians, and bartenders; they don't have the time to give a damn about legal activities that consenting adults enjoy --no matter how "weird" it may seem to other people-- because chances are that they've already seen at least one weirder activity, anyway. If your parents know that you've been in the attic, then you can simply stop by the police station [bring a copy of the obituary with you], and tell the desk sergeant that you have found some of his belongings in the attic of your house. They *may* want to send a forensic specialist to retrieve the materials; but --realistically-- they will probably tell you to dispense with the stuff.

In the latter case, obviously you should take or send the remaining personal belongings to his parents. However, I would add the caveat that you should send a written letter to them first, explaining that you have found some of his belongings. His parents are probably all torn up inside with grief; you do NOT want to show up at their doorstep with a cardboard box of clothes and ask if they want them back.

Back to the needles: *IF* the police don't want them as evidence, DO NOT TOUCH THEM with your bare hands. Most blood-born pathogens will die after being exposed to air for about a week, so you are not likely to contract anything nasty, but --I cannot overstate this-- you sure as hell do not want to be exposed to whatever killed him. Go to the Dollar Store, Walmart, or Target, buy a really cheap pair of salad tongs, some yellow dishwashing gloves, and a study plastic container; wearing the gloves, use the tongs to place the needles in the tub, put the lid on the tub, throw away the salad tongs & gloves, and take the needles to a clinic or doctor's office, and ask that they be disposed of in the "sharps" disposal.

I edit my comments before posting them, so I'm interrupting with a short, explanatory paragraph. My mind sometimes does odd things when I'm writing on YGS; I had an idea or two which I wrote as I was having them. They were not as clear as my regular post-cognitive experiences, but they were highly emotional/ red-tinted images (usually they're blue-tinted) so please bear with me, and feel free to tell me that I'm wrong about any details in the next two paragraphs:

1. There is something very, very strange in his friends cleaning up the perceived crime scene. They did this before they called for help. There would haven been too many people (EMTs, Police) around watching everyone's behavior after the 911 call was placed. The cleaned up the place *before* calling. They prioritized their own potential culpability for his death and they panicked to hide the evidence during the time he *might* have been stabilized --even saved-- by EMTs. Their panic about possible guilt confused them and they made bad choices that created the scenario that they were trying to avoid. There was something very, very wrong in their behavior; not just bad or unfortunate, but fearful and selfish. They passed off this panic as concern for their friend during the on-site interviews; drugged hysteria and a dying friend looked like bad circumstances, not guilty behavior. They did not retrieve his belongings even when it was safe to do so because they did not / do not / will not want to think of themselves as guilty or responsible for his death.

2. Does your house have a crawlspace instead of a cellar/basement? Near the front of the house: porch/deck? I have the idea that they were arguing over where to hide his stuff, but the crawlspace entrance would have been obviously dislodged, so the attic --entrance in a bedroom closet? I'm not sure about that, because it should be in the hallway-- would have been easier to hide from the subsequent investigation and fall within the "in plain sight" ruling, allowing for prosecution of manslaughter / criminally negligent homicide...

--Sorry if it seemed like I lost the thread there, but these ideas just sort of pop in to my head like unexpected visitors. Sometimes they're helpful; other times they leave me just as confused as the person to whom I'm addressing the commentary.

Please let us know how you get on, and how the police reacted to your discovery. You seriously do not want to be "an accessory after the fact" and just toss away the needles; speaking to a police officer and getting an "ok" to dispose of the needles takes minimal effort, but it is significant in protecting you from any sort of liability.

Best,
Biblio.
Gigakhan (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-28)
It's good you got abilities back. In regards to the spirit's earthly possessions it's best to make sure he's really passed on and not gone dormant before removing the items from their resting place. You could cause him to get angry and he becomes violent or even malevolent. Learn all you can first... Good luck
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-22)
As the resident voluptuary in the group lol I just have to tactfully say... Mirrors on the ceiling and 'sex play' are nothing inherently evil, scary or sinister. The previous owners seem to have had an exhibitionist bent - there is nothing intrinsically wicked in that. Nor is it likely that a bunch of horny adults getting up to all manner of unusual venal pursuits in couples or otherwise likely to drum up spirit activity. Strikes me that these folks just had a penchant for wild parties - drugs, sex an alcohol are not uncommon (for better or for worse) in those situations - and these things can quite easily get out of hand leading to serious consequences.

Excellent job sleuthing out the details even though they are so very sad - I hope he and the family he left behind may find peace. I second the suggestion to contact the family about the belongings less the needles. As an animal freak, I hope the family elected to keep his cat and not turn it in to the pound.

Maybe ask your aunt the history of that necklace - sure she had it when she was young but where did it come from before that? Perhaps that might be a clue as to its true significance. You did a good thing crossing over the spirits in your last home but make sure you take time to strengthen yourself before attempting it again and don't ever be afraid of asking for help - two are stronger than one. If you are looking for support, there are spiritualist churches out there - I am not a member of one but I have spoken with a few people who are and they seem like a very open minded welcoming group - a little research never hurt;)
FallenAngel98 (3 stories) (20 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-07-20)
Ann4Shadow,

I did, and I probably should've spent more time on refining, and adding more details for a more clear visual for everyone. I wrote this in about 30 minutes while overwhelmed with a lot of thoughts and feelings of these events, so I don't think I was calm and collected enough to make edits. English is also my 2nd language, so there was limit to how much I could get out into words without being completely jumbled.

And thank you, I am feeling relieved after everything. I'm sure there will be more stories to come, as I have a lot to share with all of you!

- FallenAngel98
Ann4shadow (1 stories) (36 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
I had a very difficult time following your post. It was like you just wrote this as you were streaming your thoughts and did not write it out first and check it before you posted it?
I think you have gone through much suffering and I hope you are feeling better now. Your Aunt seems to have helped you get unblocked. I wish you well and hope to read more from you in the future.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
Val - I'm so grateful for that link. Sometimes I read things on YGS that touch my soul and for some reason the story of this young man did. I am so, so happy that you found an extra link for this tragic event.

Yes I agree, his family should be contacted and his personal possessions given to them. Who knows if the needles and whatever drug paraphernalia even belonged to him? Possibly they did but then they should be disposed of in a correct manner. I personally would destroy them and throw them out.

It would seem that he did indeed die as a result of a drug overdose but was he an habitual user? We don't know. Even so, who are we to judge the addictions of others?

Very sad case. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Regards, Melda
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
Melda, and L_Melb, thanks for the upgrades! 😃
I need more characters...🤣 👻
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+5
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
Geeze, according to the date on the article, 10/21/2016 that guy passed only 9 months ago. Apparently he was 'living with friends', which would explain his belongings being there. Makes me wonder if perhaps the previous owners felt they were being haunted and jumped ship...we'll never know for sure, of course. It's just as possible the house was already on the market, when the tragedy struck.
Actually, finding items that belonged to previous tenants/owners left behind is extremely common. Especially in homes with attics and basements. You wouldn't believe some of the things I've discovered between my own personal moves, and when I use to do cleanings. Sometimes it boggles the mind! But, I think your being 'spooked' by them may have been more related to the knowledge they were there because of a death. Although I will not say there haven't been times when 'found' items had adverse effects on me.
I did a cursory search and came up with his obit: http://obituaries.durangoherald.com/obituaries/durangoherald/obituary.aspx?pid=182227038
He had family, even a cat 'Auggy'. His mom and step-dad are still around. You could try contacting them and asking if they'd like the clothes (I would not mention the needles). I know when my son died, anything of his became priceless to me.
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
Thanks Melda, that was very kind of you - I saw a down vote for Val too and gave her a positive as well as I really couldn't see anything wrong with what she said and besides... I always enjoy her input!
Thanks again!
😁
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
FallenAngel - I checked out that link and according to the write-up it would seem that this young guy actually lived at that house.

There's also some very interesting information about him personally. There is also mention made of an autopsy and toxicology results.

Scratching my head as to what actually happened to this guy, besides the overdose theory. I would love to know the results of the autopsy and toxicology results. Perhaps I should just tone down my curiosity.

However, I would still dispose of his belongings as I suggested but that, of course, is your prerogative.

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
Val and L_Melb - I negated the downers on your comments because I don't think you were being offensive, merely curious.

By the way L - I sincerely hope you aren't Arthur or Martha 😆 I prefer the name on your profile page.

Regards, Melda

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: