You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Conversation With A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Conversation With A Ghost

 

This happened a couple of years ago, somewhere 2013. I was in high school then, I was in boarding when I was in high school just because my parents felt I was too 'naughty'.

Well, when I was in boarding school, I used to sneak out into town, not my fault, but my parents sent me to a boarding school which was in the town we lived in. My best friend, Bismark, was mainly the reason for my 'prison break' escapades. We would sneak out so we can go watch shows, go to the movies, or just to be in his room to play endless hours of video games. Bismark and his family lived in a secluded house, surrounded by acres of 'intentionally planted' Christmas trees, pines and amazing stretch of neatly mowed lawns. And oh, they had their own soccer field with smaller versions of goal posts and some swings and a sandbox. Their place was a nice place to be, that is during the day, but I always wondered how creepy that place would be at night.

Well back to my story. I sneaked back home one day and unfortunately met my dad at home. He was in Germany then and I had no idea he would be coming home. Well, long story short, I was sacked from the house to get my a$$ back to campus. That particular term at school, I never came home, mainly because I had a girlfriend who was also at boarding, you know the rest.

Since it's been long I came home, I decided to go to Bismark's house, probably spent the night, cos I was bent on spending the night in school that day.

Bismark had an uncle staying with them. We all called him uncle, his actual name was Kobby. We all liked him since he was fun and always covered for us when we plan on doing something naughty. I got to the house and (it was getting dark now) knocked, didn't get any response, knocked still nothing. There were no lights inside so I figured they weren't home. As I turned to leave, I heard the door open and Kobby stepped out. I greeted, asked him where his nephew was and he said he was not around, but doesn't really know where he would be. I thanked him and left.

Two days later, I came home, went back there, and thankfully, Bismark was home, his uncle wasn't. We chatted for a while and I asked him of his whereabouts 2 days ago which he said he was outta town. I then went ahead to tell him I met his uncle at home and he told me he isn't around. He stared at me like I'm crazy, and told me his uncle has been dead for 2 months. I thought he was lying, went to ask his mum, which I got the same stare and answer. (For whom it might concern: NB: I'm not a kid. I know days, weeks and months. I came home exactly 2 days, not even a day over 2.)

So basically, I had a conversation with a ghost, and it felt normal. I didn't feel scared or anything.

Bismark died in 2015 after a Valve Replacement Surgery. I slept at the reception of the hospital for about a week, until he was discharged. I was with him at home for 2 days, had to leave for college, so I told him he might not see him until after about 4 months. He kept crying that I'm leaving and I mockingly called him a (the p word). I got the news in school that he died in his sleep the very day I left. I couldn't even get to say goodbye. It's been years, but I still feel the pain. It really hurts.

I saw his mum at the mall a couple of days ago but I didn't let her see me. I don't want her breaking into tears as soon as she sees me because I sure will remind her of her son (we were like brothers) and seeing her cry would break my heart.

Thanks for reading.

Khay

Other hauntings by abbykay_luv

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abbykay_luv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-07)
[at] aedelberth
He didn't tell me cos maybe he didn't see it to be the right time. You can't just meet a friend, no matter how close, and say, "so and so is dead" no.

[at] ladyglow
Thanks so much for your comment.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-06)
aedelberth: although I agree with you it is odd that Bismark wouldn't mention his uncle's death to the OP, I don't think that this is enough evidence to consider this story fake. People grieve in different ways and some avoid even talking about a loved one's death for the longest time.

In Mexico we have a say that goes "recordar es volver a vivir" (to remember it is to live it again), perhaps Bismark wasn't ready to cry on abbykay's presence and that's the reason for his silence.
aedelberth (1 stories) (6 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-08-06)
so you and Bismark were besties and he never told you about his uncle's death even if you knew his uncle?
As a young teenager I had a bestie too... Well I considered her a bestie but she was actually a beast (ie) si she didn't liked me as much as I liked her, and she still told me about her grandfather's death even if I didn't even knew the man, but your Bismark didn't told you about his uncle? This is strange... I am made to believe that your storry is a good figment of your imagination, congrats you should become a writer!
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-21)
[at] Anno
Thanks. Yes, very strange encounter, just surprised I wasn't scared when it happened. Didn't feel anything odd
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-20)
Sorry to hear of your loss. Strange encounter with his "uncle"!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: