You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man in Plaid

Real Ghost Stories

The Man in Plaid

 

I have had a few experiences in my life that seem as though they could do with the paranormal. I also in my life have experienced a few close deaths. The story I am about to write right now seems to me like it could be something to do with it. Earlier this year, a few times actually, I was laying in my room in the dark and I would look at my door and see a man in plaid. I thought nothing of it, I just thought my eyes playing tricks right? Well maybe...

It happens in the morning, my door is always loose, it creaks open in the middle of the night, so when I wake up in the morning it's open. But that's just my door. A few times I looked out and there was a man in red plaid. I didn't know what to do, it terrified me but I didn't feel threatened. You couldn't really see the rest of him and of course he was nearly completely transparent but you couldn't notice his plaid shirt and his face was some what visible. Now I was freaked out. I had told my boyfriend of this, and he just was like ooo creepy. No help.

I was talking to someone later, not necessarily about this and they told me that my grandpa had died not too long ago. He was a logger who had gotten paralyzed years ago and had left my grandma, so I thought that was a weird coincidence, it didn't happen more that twice, but there was this time when my boyfriend was standing by my door, (my room is tiny so he didn't need to come close just to ask me a question, which is what he was doing, about what I don't remember) and this hand came through the door by his head, I freaked out and he just asked me what I was freaking out about and I told him, he was a little freaked out but you would be too more than likely.

Other hauntings by Lividseras

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lividseras, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HeatherMichele93 (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
Okay, this is so wierd! My mom had expirenced the SAME EXACT thing when she was younger! Her and her sisters where sitting in the dark in thier room watching t.v. And my mom happened to look up at the door and it was cracked open, and she told me she seen a man in a RED plaid shirt! She thought it was her brother because that's what he wears, but it wasn't him. Now she refuses to watch tv in the dark. You need to find a way to get that spirit put to peace, now!
Lividseras (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
actually he lived on the land we live in but we live in a trailor house and the one he lived in before was made so that he could move around so he took it but its still on the same land. There was also another guy who lived next door who died in my neighbors house who was friends with my grandma. My grandmother loved my grandpa very much but he left to be with his other children. He was only my grandfather through marriage I had never met h im.
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
Hello!
I agree with whitebuffalo on this one! I think you have a nice ghost here trying to communicate. If he appeared somewhat frequently, that could be a sign that he's trying to get your attention. You should try to communicate, ask if this is your Grand-daddy. If not just calmly say hi and ask him if he needs help.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
Maybe because he left your grandmother and never knew you he is reaching out now and you are sensitive enough to be picking up on it. May I ask if he ever lived in the house where the events are happening?
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hi Lividseras, I too believe that this man in plaid is your grandfather. If it were me, I believe that I would attempt to communicate with him, to see what he wants. Thanks for sharing your story, take care and God bless.

FRAWIN ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
I would agree with WhiteBuffalo.

Your grandfather is trying to communicatte something to you. In your story it sounds as if you had not seen him in some time, if ever. He may want you to know how much he cared for you even though you and he were not able to be close.

If he is trying to tell you something, listen. Try to talk to him, ask 'the man in plaid' if it is your grand father. Regardless of the response, you should get some type of feeling when he answers.

Please keep us posted and God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hello Livid.
You have a friendly ghost who is desperately trying to get your attention, I would say. Why else would it wait for your boyfriend to be standing in your doorway (the same doorway, I might add, that you have previously seen this man in plaid) to show it's hand in things?
I wrote it like that as if this logger resembling entity is your grandfather (which I am inclined to believe) his hand is in so much of your life. If not for our grandparents, I do not think we would all be here.
Your door may be one of those that when someone walks by, or even anywhere in the area, the latch releases due to the shift in the floor/door frame causing more space and a lot less room for the mechanism to hang on to the other wall. Or it may also be being opened by Gramps to try to get your attention.
I do not think you have anything to worry about. I think he just wants to say "hi".
Thank you.
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Some strange things are happening in your room but if you didn't feel threatened then it should be harmless. But if you do ever feel threatened then that's the time to take extra measures. 😁 ❤ Melonlover
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
Hi Lividseras. So do you think that this man in red plaid was your Grandfather? That sounds really creepy about the hand by your boyfriends head! Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: