You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Blue Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Blue Me

 

This happened in the same creepy house we used to live in a decade ago.

It happened one night during a blackout, (or in Philippines we call it a brownout). I woke up in the middle of the night with my sister beside me sleeping and I can also hear my parents talking in the living room downstairs. It's not that sultry, just dark. I wanted to go downstairs but worried that my sister, being around 5 years old, would cry if she wakes up without me by her side, I just shrug off the thought and decided to go back to sleep.

After a few minutes, I woke up, I don't know why. I found my body was very rigid. I can't move a muscle. I see my sister in my peripheral view. Our hands are next to each other. I was so scared now that I thought if I could just move a finger she can wake me up if it's a nightmare.

A few more minutes I felt a strong force pulling me to the closet at the end of the bed. I tried to fight it with all my might but there's nothing I could do, like I said I can't move a muscle. I closed my eyes, tries to calm down and think it was just a dream, a nightmare that I just had to wake up. I tried shouting but no voice was coming out of my mouth.

When I opened my eyes, what I saw still haunts me to this day whenever I think of it. I felt my body moving, or should I say getting out of bed.It's just that... My physical body is still lying flat on the bed... I can see through my body. I see my self in blue form almost half sitting now in the bed but my body was left behind in my sleeping position. This is where I started to cry. I thought of my parents. I can still hear them talking downstairs. I thought how bad would they feel if they find my body in the morning, as a corpse. We are very close as a family. My sister, my mom and dad.

I thought of my dreams, how I was so young to die like that when I have so many things I want to accomplish.

But I thought of my sister the most. I was young back then and I thought, my parents will not be with her forever. When the time comes that they had to leave, my sister will be left alone. And I don't want to leave her without a family.That's when I prayed REALLY hard. We are not a religious family. We seldom go to church.

Then I just woke up in the morning, I instantly look at my side, my sister's no longer there. I rushed downstairs to find the three of them already taking their breakfast... As I sat with them, my mom asked if it's that hot.That's when I realized I'm soaking in sweat. She also said I'm really pale, asking if I'm not feeling well and if I need meds. I only brought it up years after we move out. They only said that house is REALLY something else.

Can I still call what I experienced a sleep paralysis? Thanks you for reading.:)

Other hauntings by mhyzthie_vHee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mhyzthie_vHee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-20)
I experienced the same thing as yours. I felt like I was getting out of my own body while experiencing sleep paralysis. Because I could feel my "body" getting out of bed VERY slowly. I was thinking I'm going to astral project, not die. I was panicking because I couldn't control it. And then I told myself, "nope! I don't want to see my own body!"

There's nothing to be freaked out. Don't stress yourself too much so you don't experience these things.

Regards,
Mhanne ❤
mhyzthie_vHee (6 stories) (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-06)
Yes,I think it's sleep paralysis as well. 😭
Thank you for the opinions, it helped me clear it...
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-02)
Hi mhyzthie_vHee,

I think your story makes me feel this is sleep paralysis.

Just felt like adding the below information:

I once asked a friend who is psychiatrist and asked him to explain sleep paralysis, he said most patients who feel this say that the feel as if they woke up from the dead, or saw a ghost... Sleep paralysis is the temporary inability of an individual to move or speak and usually occurs when you're waking up or falling asleep and during an account of sleep paralysis, you can hear, see things that are not around...

So going by this explaination by a doctor, I assume what the poster experienced is sleep paralysis.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Hi mhyzthie_vHee, in the absence of other evidence to point towards the paranormal I would say it's either a bad dream or sleep paralysis.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: