You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Slamming Doors, But Wait! There's More!

Real Ghost Stories

Slamming Doors, But Wait! There's More!

 

I have lived in my home for a little over 6 years now. From the time my family moved here, strange things have happened. In the past 3 to 4 months, the activity seems to happen more often.

I tend to stay home alone a lot. My family is very loud and I'm a quiet person. That said, I will normally have the television turned off or on low volume. It is then that I can hear the heavy footsteps upstairs. I've become used to the steps, so much so that my family and I named the ghost Jim. However there were 2 instances I actually had to leave the house.

The first time I had left to get food. When I returned home I decided to eat in my room. I heard the heavy footsteps upstairs, of course. It was pretty much background noise at that point. What really freaked me out was the hard knock on my bedroom door. I jumped and listened for anything else but it never knocked again. I went about my business again. In my empty house, inside my locked bedroom alone, I heard a voice harshly whisper my name several times directly in my ear. I immediately grabbed my bag and left to go to my friend's house. I didn't come back until the rest of my family did.

The second instance was a little more intense. Again, I was home alone. It was May in Texas and the temperature was in the high 90s. I have always been somewhat immune to getting cold so it was more than a little strange that I had been absolutely freezing the 3 days before this event. I had been so cold that I was wearing long sleeve shirts, jackets, thick sweatpants, and thick socks. As soon as I left the property, any chill I had would be gone. I found it very strange, as did my family. Anyway, I had been left alone when my family went to a wedding. I was in the livingroom when I heard the footsteps. Like I said before, they were background noise at that point. I decided to do some laundry when I noticed the footsteps were getting louder. Honestly it was more like stomping directly over the laundry room where I was. The ceiling was actually making a cracking noise. I was getting a little uneasy so I closed the door to the stairs and continued to put clothes in the dryer. Not even a minute later the door slammed right back open. I closed it back and went outside for a bit. The stomping was so loud I could actually hear it outside. When I came back inside, I started shivering almost immediately. Something felt wrong. I noticed the door to the stairs was open again. The stomping had stopped and for that I was grateful. I went to close the door one more time and a loud thump came from the landing followed by a deep voice just yelling. I didn't turn any lights out, just got my car keys and went to a relative's house. When my family returned from the wedding, I explained what had happened to them. My dad told me he has seen the entity several times.

Even as I type this, I can hear the steps above me.

Other hauntings by brown_eyed_girl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brown_eyed_girl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
brown_eyed_girl - our stories submissions are uncharacteristicly low right now. My story just got published. It's called The Voice.
brown_eyed_girl (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Miracles51031 I know the feeling lol I look forward to reading it if you post it 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
brown_eyed_girl - I think I may go ahead and submit my experience with the voice because the first time he said my name, I thought it was someone else LOL 😉 It's actually kind of funny 😆
brown_eyed_girl (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Miracles51031, I agree. It's strange but I feel a little better knowing someone shares a similar experience with me. If it said my name once I probably would have just called it my imagination, if I'm being honest. There was no denying it when it said my name 3 times.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
brown_eyed_girl - thank you for responding to my question. I thought I may have submitted my experience with the voice in my ear but if I did, I can't find it.

Briefly, I had a gruff, mean sounding male voice speak in my ear. No one else heard him. He spoke to me three different times and each of those times he repeated his words three times. The first time he scared me enough that I got up off the couch and ran to the bedroom. The other two times he only said my name, but each time he said it three times.

On one hand, I was hoping you would have said he only spoke your name once. But on the other hand I was hoping you heard your name said three times like I did. I don't think there is any connection between the voice you heard and the one I did. I just think it very weird that each time we heard our name said three times.
brown_eyed_girl (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Miracles51031, the whispered voice wasn't quite as deep as the other one but it could just be due to the fact that it wasn't full volume. If I remember correctly, it whispered my name 3 times. I was feeling a mix of fear and shock, the shock because I knew I was the only one home. It made me think of when someone is trying to get your attention. Immediately after I went stiff with surprise, I just felt a sense of dread, like I needed to leave right then. Thank you for asking:)
brown_eyed_girl (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Room, thank you for the concern. The footsteps happen so often I'm used to them now. I think you're right about the cold thing. I've never been one to get cold easily and I am very sensitive. My parents have told me several times of when I was younger and saw things they didn't. At the moment, I'm just waiting on the next time something happens or I'll just post a story from my old house. Thanks again!
brown_eyed_girl (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Manafon1, he's described it as a tall shadowlike figure. My house is somewhat new. Only the builder and an older couple with a grandson lived here before us. The older people actually left everything but their clothes here so I've been a bit suspicious about why. I mean everything, their toothpaste and toothbrushes were left here. It's strange.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-03)
I would say that you were experiencing these things because you are one of the more sensitive individuals in the home, and from what you shared it's something you have in common with your Father who has... "seen the entity several times." I would go on to say that this spirit is simply looking for 'attention' and is using your energy to help manifest (your feeling of being cold suggests this).

However your closing comment, "Even as I type this, I can hear the steps above me.", caused me to step back and have a seat on the fence... The 'is it coming to get me?' ending makes it read like the intro to Night of the Living Dead ("There coming to get you Barbara.") So I shall say thank you for your submission, ask if there is another and wait out on the back 40 and hope there is so we know 'nothing got you'. 😕

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-02)
brown_eyed_girl - the voice you heard in your ear, did it sound like was it the same voice you heard audibly? Also, and I know this may sound really weird, but do you remember how many times he whispered your name in your ear? Did you feel fear or just shock when he whispered your name?

Sorry for all the questions. There really is a reason I'm asking and it has nothing to do with not believing your experience because I do.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-01)
brown_eyed_girl--Sounds like you have a rather loud and interactive ghost in your house. The final line of your account states, "my dad told he he has seen the entity several times." What does it look like? Is it solid in appearance, a partial apparition, semi-transparent?

Have you done any research on the history of the house to see if you can match your father's description of the entity to a former resident? This might help, if not to make his stomping and vocal ways less jarring, but to at least put a face and identity on what is now just a scary, angry ghost. If you can imagine the spirit as he was as a living person, it might slightly lessen the fear you presently feel. Thanks for sharing your account.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: