You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: They Can See Their Daddy

Real Ghost Stories

They Can See Their Daddy

 

I have been babysitting the kids of my neighbor for almost a week now. A two year old girl and a 5 year old boy. Their mother and I weren't that close but still I always feel the need to help her since she's a single mom and her story about what happened between her and her ex-husband truly is a teary-eyed one.

My babysitting job would always start as soon as I came home from work. We both live on the same  building, on the same floor with my door facing theirs. She (the mother) is working as a call center agent and is always on the nightshift. She would leave for work at about 5 pm and would just leave dinner at the table and return the following morning.

Feeding the kids and putting them to bed is what I usually just do. After the kids fell asleep, I would return to my apartment and retire for the day. Every time I do bedtime routine with them, they would always giggle and glance constantly at the window in their bedroom. It's like they were playing peek-a-boo with someone. I never really paid attention to that since they were just little kids. It happened every single night that I put them to bed.

Last Friday while I was helping them change their clothes into pajamas, I asked the five year old why they were laughing at the window. He said that it was because of "daddy". This creeped me out because I know that we were the only ones on the apartment and our room was located on the 2nd floor. There were many questions in my mind at that time but dismissed all of them with the reason that maybe the kids were just imaging stuffs.

The following morning (Saturday), the kids were watching cartoons and their mom was eating brunch (between breakfast and lunch). She invited me to eat brunch with her and I gladly obliged. As we were eating, I told her about what happened last night. What she told me next really scared the crap out of me. She told me that after they separated, her ex-husband got into a really really bad car accident leaving him with a disfigured face and later on died due to the impact of the accident. He was already 2 months dead at that time. They never went to the funeral home nor visited his grave because according to her, they don't have any right because they were the 2nd family.

They were never legally together. She found out that her ex-husband/partner was legally married to another girl and had four children. This was the reason why they split up. It was disturbing and yes a bit spooky upon knowing that the kids' dead father was visiting them for the past few days. I stopped babysitting her kids after that and just referred the landlord's daughter to babysit her kids. But I still continue to go to their apartment every morning to play with the kids but never during the night.

Thanks for reading and more power to YGS!

Other hauntings by Zaruje

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zaruje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-17)
That sounds like a sad situation, being the 2nd 'hidden' family. Your neighbor is a strong lady for washing her hands of him, I don't think you have any reason to be afraid of the apartment. I agree with wishing him well and send him on his way. It sounds like the living need more help!
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
Lady-glow
I should probably do that. Leave a prayer for his soul. I was selfish by telling their mom that I won't babysit her kids anymore (scaredycat). I really hope that the (father) has already moved on to where ever ghost go. Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it!

Redwolf
I think so too that small kids are more likely to see ghosts than the adults because of their innocence. Thank you for taking the time to read my story!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
Zaruje:

There's no need for you to be afraid, the father wasn't there to haunt you but to visit his children; besides, are you sure you're "safe" by going during the morning? How do you know he isn't around?

I think the man left the world of the living with regret at not being able to be with his children while he was alive. Next time you're there you should say a prayer with the intention of his soul's rest.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
Zaruje

Children are more open to seeing spirits because they aren't jaded as adults are. It's when they are constantly told there are no such things as ghosts/spirits that they stop seeing spirits which is a shame. The father isn't there to haunt or scare anyone he just wants to see his children and they want to see him. I doubt that he is visiting them and showing his disfigurement, he wouldn't want to scare them.

Red

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: