You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Sister Rides With Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister Rides With Me

 

I consider myself to have had many psychic experiences throughout my life, but this one was by far the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I awoke one morning to loud music and I had no idea where it was coming from. I went into the living room of my apartment and looked through a box of my deceased sister's things. I pulled out one of her stuffed animals, but I didn't even know it played music. I had picked that stuffed animal up a million times and had even moved it with me into my new apartment and never knew it played music. I shut the music off and went back to bed. Later that day I was getting ready for night class and I noticed four of my sister's pictures were placed facing down. Not sure what to make of it, I left it alone and went to class.

My Sister Rides With Me

Later that night I was driving home from graduate school after class and I was about to pass an old church at the top of this large hill. As I approached the church that was directly to my left, a car passed me in the opposite direction, shining his lights into my car. The car's lights seemed to cascade into my car in slow motion, and I felt as if it was rippling into my car like water. My gaze was immediately taken to my rear view mirror, and there was my sister staring blankly through me as the light cascaded across her face. She looked like an angel. I almost couldn't breathe and I was so scared I felt like I was hit by lightening. The vision only lasted for a fraction of a second, but it felt like a whole minute to me. My sister died in a car accident two years ago and of course I thought I'd never see her again. But that night, I did.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChristinaS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
im really sorry for your loss, your story is really sad but beautiful. She definatly came back, either to check up on you or to let you know she's ok.
Thanks for sharing, your sister is very pretty
Take care
ChristinaS (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Here is the promised picture! This is my sister with Wyclef at a concert a few years ago. ❤
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
I know a girl who lost her sister, and she will see her sister in a bright angel like form. It is good to know that she is letting you know that you are ok. Peace be with you and God bless ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Christina, since the date doesn't mean anything then I guess it's safe to say she simply loves you and is around you so you won't be lonely when you go cruisin'! It's really great that your feelings about her being with you were true.
ChristinaS (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
Bellissima,
Thank you for your comment. I have thought about what you said, and I don't recall the date having much meaning to either of us. However, I have always felt her presence in the back seat of my car, and I have even swung around many times when the feeling was so strong, I honestly felt she'd be sitting there. Finally, it really happened and I was able to see her. I believe she rides around in my car to protect me. ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
Christina, I really enjoyed your story. It's so nice that you were able to see and sense your sister in such a nice way. I was just wondering if that particular day or date was special to either of you in any way? Thanks for sharing your story.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
Christine, Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a sister. Consider yourself blessed that your sister appeared to you. What a great gift. She's watching out for you. 😊
HeatherMichele93 (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
Thats sad that you lost your sister. But it's very good to know that she is still with you. That let's you know that she never wants to leave your side. And maybe the stuffed animal playing music, and the pictures, just think of that as your sister playing jokes on you. She's not trying to scare you, she's just letting you know she's with you at all times.
NightMaiden (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
I am sorry for your loss... Sisters are close friends. I lost two important family members... One an animal and another a person. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us. 😁 Please look out for my stories, coming soon! 😆
GlendaSC (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
I think your sister has a strong will and a strong bond with you. I know it must have been startling, it would have startled me, but it's also sweet that she came to visit you. Maybe on her next birthday, you can have some friends over and have a cake with candles for the years she would have been on earth, just to let her know that she is still important.
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
Hello!
I'm sorry for your loss. I am extremely close to my brother and I have no idea what my life would be without him. This is a beautiful story and I wish you well.
Good luck dear
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
that is a great and freaky story thank you for sharing I will post some stories up soorer or later about my paranormal experiences
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
I think your sister was just trying to let you know she was ok. Some people seem to have contact right away after someone passes and other times it can be ten years before such a thing occurs. I have heard it happen to people who were not even thinking about a person that passed and they had an encounter with that person. I can't explain it either but I do believe there is more to this dimension than meets the eye.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
Hello ChristinaS. Thank you for such a lovely story, I truly enjoyed it. You should feel blessed that you got to see your sister again. Bless you.

FRAWIN

ChristinaS (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Thank you for all of the kind and inspiring comments. I appriciate you all taking the time to respond to my story. I have decided to add a picture as well. Thanks again! ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hello Christina.
I am sorry that you lost your sister to a car accident. So many times in life we feel that the world had ripped a loved one out of our embrace and taken them to the Outer Regions of Nowhere.
I think your sister, even though she had a blank look on her angelic face, was trying to let you know that she is still with you in heart and mind (also in music it would appear 😊) and she wanted you to know that things are fine with her.
I can not think of a better way to show ones self than bathed in light and looking like an angel. What a beautiful story.
Thank you.
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
I know you were scared but that's great that you got to see your sister again! She's probably letting you know she's watching over you 😁 and that everything will be fine. Thanks for posting your story 😁 ❤ Melonlover
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it can be to lose a loved one.
You were lucky to be able to see her again. Some of us only have the memories which are fine but I would have loved to say good bye one last time.
Thanks for sharring
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hi Christina. I am sorry for the loss of your sister. I know how hard that must have been. It must be comforting to know that your sister is watching over you. Even when you don't see her, she is still there. This is an amazing story. Thanks for sharing. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
What a wonderful story. You are blessed that your sister was able to let you know she is at peace and a part of her will always be with you. First, through the signs in the apartment and then in the car. She is relating to you the best way she can that it is okay, she is okay.

Thank you for sharing your story!
God Bless! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: