You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Next Door Neighbor

Real Ghost Stories

The Next Door Neighbor

 

First off I want to start by saying hello. My name is Daniel I am now 19, I have a son and I'm an Electrical Estimator in training. To begin my story a little background must be established. I never experienced anything paranormal before in my life but my grandmother was big on it. Family stories tell of how her house in Mexico was horribly haunted. I have many of those stories I will share later. But other then that I've never been introduced to the paranormal. So now on to my story.

I was 7 years old at the time it was summer 2005 and my cousin J (Initial to keep name private) was over for a few weeks to do what kids do, enjoy their summer. While he was over we told him about our next door neighbor, she was an old woman who lived by herself and had many cats. What was strange was that she would come out at exactly 12 AM to call her cats even though most had been taken to the pound years ago and everyone knew that. We thought she might have been sick with some kind of Dementia. Anyhow it was scary to wake up to an old woman at 12 AM calling out to her now non existing pets.

One day as we came back from the park we noticed ambulances and fire fighters surrounding her house. We immediately knew what had happened. The old woman had died of a heart attack that afternoon. The next few nights were quiet until about a week later we (ONLY me and my cousin J) would hear her calling her cats at 12 AM. Only we could hear it because we'd ask my parents and they'd laugh it off thinking we were trying to scare them in a child's game kind of way. We blew it off as being tired and just thinking about it too much.

One particular night we decided to stay up longer to watch an Anime Marathon on Cartoon Network's old Toonami. It hit 3 AM and we got thirsty so we went to the kitchen to get some water. To help you better understand the picture, we lived in a duplex and the kitchen was towards the back of the house on the left and to the right side of the counter was a glass sliding door to the lanai. You walk to the front of the house about 20' and to the left was the living room with the TV and couch and to the right a hallway with the bathroom in the middle and one bedroom on each end of the hallway.

My cousin got his cup of water first and I told him to wait for me so he walks to the glass door to wait for me and I finished getting my cup and walked over to him but he was standing still with his eyes wide open and breathing heavily just looking out the glass door. I got scared and thought he was having an Asthma attack because he had Asthma when he was a small toddler but hadn't got an attack for years. But that was not the case if not he would be wheezing so I turned my head to look out and just outside our lanai was an old lady glowing in white floating off the ground staring straight at us.

We were both frozen in shock and I wanted to run and scream but I couldn't. She has all gray hair with what looked like a white night gown but her mouth was torn and her jaw was hanging with blood stains on her gown. We stood in shock for about 15 seconds when in the blink of the eye she was right on the other side of the glass door almost right in front of us if it wasn't for the door. T

That is when we reacted and ran to my room dropping our cups in the process which were plastic cups in case you wondered if someone would have heard the cups drop.

We were still unable to talk because we were so scared. We covered ourselves completely in the covers and didn't sleep until morning. We agreed to never talk about it and forget it because we thought it would scare everyone. Then his mom would not let him come over anymore (child logic) and to this day it still gives me shivers.

I do not know if it was the old lady from next door who couldn't move on or if it was something else but it seemed to correlate with her passing which is why I included her story as it is my feeling it was her. Sorry for the long story. Thank you for reading my first post.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Daniel266jz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Daniel266jz (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-15)
[at] unexplained Yes we would always talk about since then but we slowly faded away at the thought of it as we got older. I guess it was just such a crazy experience we decided to forget it. Yet I know we both think about it constantly.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-11)
Awesome story. Were you able to correlate with your friend what you both saw in detail?

I wonder if she was still searching for her cats.
Daniel266jz (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-09)
[at] tace LOL. I would have thrown it if I could! 😁 Yes that's what I keep thinking it was but also why us if we didn't even know her personally?


😐 😕
tace (37 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-09)
wow! Scary experience. I would of thrown the cup... LOL I think you are right, it's was the old lady... So strange.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: