You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Ghostly A$$ Kicker

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghostly A$$ Kicker

 

My sister and I went shopping last weekend in a mall. I parked my car, away from the mall to save some money; it was about eight night time when we walked out of the mall.

We walked down a long slope where there were no street-lights (a few but it was very dark). My sister was telling me she kept feeling as if someone was watching us; I chuckled and told her that she might be seeing a ghost.

Suddenly a big man with a baseball bat walked towards us and stopped us. He was drunk and was saying something like he will swing this bat to our heads if we did not buy him any drinks, I tried to push him off but he was too strong. My sister screamed and told him to back off, pulling me away from him. I remember the man was walking drunk and suddenly stepped backwards, until he fell into a fountain. No, I did not push him.

A street police ran towards and asked what happened, my sister was frozen and just stared at the police, I did not want to make the matter too complicated, so I told him that the man was drunk and he lost his balance. The police scratched his head and called for help. We walked off and my sister said she faintly saw a cloud of smoke pushing away the man.

Few days later at my work place, I told the story to one of my coworkers. He told me that there used to be a very brave street boy nearby the fountain and the slope. He used to help people but always gets into trouble. One day, an old lady was being robbed, the boy chased the robber and got into a fight, a policeman came by and fired his gun the boy was mistakenly shot, he was rushed to a hospital but did not make it.

Years later a few people nearby the fountain said that they got some help by a mysterious shadow or an unknown force; the street police have stories like criminals will fail whenever they got too close to that fountain, either they will fall into the fountain or they will try to hide behind the blocks of course they will be found.

Me as a neighbor had never heard any stories like so, maybe it is just an urban legend? But what I experienced and what my sister had told me, I cannot stop myself from believing that it was that brave street boy's spirit. I would like to thank him by sharing his story if it was him. At the same time I would answer what everyone may ask me about this story.

Was there any news about a boy mistakenly shot by the police?

Unfortunately, not that I have known of, I tried to do a research but found nothing related.

Is it famous? If so why do I not know about it?

I do not think this "urban legend" is famous at all, my coworker maybe making up a story, but no matter what I am really thankful that nothing bad happened.

Why would I want to walk down a very dark slope?

Simple, I parked my car on the slope. LOL

Is my sister sensitive to spirits?

No. She had never experienced anything odd. Maybe she is trying to make this experience more interesting? But no, I believed her this time since the way how that man got unbalanced and fell was strange, it seems like someone had pushed him real hard, but that would not have been me.

For more questions please do feel free to ask me. Thank you for your time!

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, roylynx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-25)
Jubeele, Yup, legends of streets are always nice to hear, makes a good story to tell after all.;-)

E.Lynx
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-25)
Your story made me smile - ah, just desserts. Very likely there are logical reasons for how the drunken lout ended up in the fountain and the rising vapor. But it's still nice to think there was more than one type of 'spirit' having an effect that night!
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-15)
Anno_Domini, I will agree that the "smoke" was some mist from the fountain, yes, further more you could have said that the man slipped his steps and tripped over to the fountain too lol

Thanks for your comment!

E.Lynx
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-08-14)
Hi roylynx, I'm just glad that the both of you are safe. Perhaps it would be a good idea to park in an area with more human traffic next time?

Just want to weigh in, as you mentioned there's no story you could find and there's no urban legend that you've heard of (being a resident of that area), so maybe your co-worker was just having you on. Also, it is very common for fountains (can't say the particular one that you were at for sure) to have mists when the moving water strikes the pool below, so the "cloud of smoke" might just be the wind blowing the mist.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-14)
Oh wow, comments already? LOL
Thank you all for reading this story! Let's pray for the entity and let it rest in peace.

Melda, Well haha, we placed some white roses on the edge of the fountain, whether or not if there was a boy sacrificed for his bravery, we did that to thank for whatever the entity was for helping us. No, worries that man is in his worst situation.

Lady-glow, Indeed! That man is in prison now, we knew from the neighbor that he had been stealing drinks from a shop nearby, the shopkeeper (whom was an old man) called the police, and so there were street police nearby right after the man fell into the fountain. I am guessing, the police would still be wondering for the drink thief until today if he did not fall into the fountain "coincidently", that's how disappointing the situation could be. Really, the Police need to straighten up a bit!

Argette, Thanks for your comment! Sure, anything can happen.

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-11)
Fascinating account, Roylynx.

At this point, I'd believe anything about a situation like this.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-11)
Roylynx: freaking drunk people can be so undignified funny. It is hard to say if he got pushed by a mysterious force or if only fell victim to the force of gravity.
As for the cloud of smoke your sister saw, it could had been the vapor of the spirits he consumed!

Ha! Some one other than the police force should be paid for keeping that street safe.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-11)
roylynx - Now that is what you call tit for tat!

Whether the thug fell into the fountain due to his drunkenness or was pushed in by the spirit street boy, I cannot say but possibly your sister is correct - there could also be some substance to the legend. I love legends, especially when somebody has an experience like yours and has to stop and think, well did it happen this way or that way, or...

Whatever the correct scenario might be, you were very fortunate that the the guy ended up in the fountain.

I hope he managed to accidentally bash himself on the head with the bat on his way in 😆

Regard, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: