You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Foul Smelling Demon

Real Ghost Stories

Foul Smelling Demon

 

Shortly after my second divorce, I went through a period of anger and depression. I found myself constantly questioning God, why my life was not going well. One Saturday morning it was about 2:00a.m. I was laying on the living room floor watching the television, I felt so restless and could not go to sleep. As I was laying there I saw out of the corner of my eye a shadow pass from the kitchen and go into my bedroom, thinking it was just my imagination I did not give it a second thought.

A little later I could hear in a raspy tone something going pssst, pssst, I turned around still laying on the floor and felt something heavy jump on my chest. I could not move and was totally in the worst fear of my life. I closed my eyes and felt whatever this thing was, breathing inches away from my face, and it was the foulest smell I have ever known, the smell was worse than that of rotting meat. In fear and in desperation I called upon God but could not get the words out, I was babbling and still unable to move and I definitely did not want to open my eyes for fear of what I may have seen. I felt its foul, hot breath inch closer to my face and in a menacing voice said, "Open your eyes and see who commands you". At that point I started to talk to God with my mind, and asked him to forgive me for questioning Him and for anything I may have done to offend Him, or anyone. I promised God that if He were to remove this presence away from me, I would never love anything or anyone in this world more than I loved Him. At that very moment I felt the weight lift off my chest and felt a peace like none before.

This all happened in the spring of 1985 in San Antonio, Texas. I did move shortly after that, and while I still have had other supernatural and paranormal experiences, this one was by far the worst and the scariest.

Other hauntings by rafa19

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rafa19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Downofpower (13 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
Ohh people this is not sleep paralyzing this is real the heavy weight has gone when he start talk woth god plus the ugly smell is demons work they have/create/cast it
liltraviesa310 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
wow...i have asked the same quesion to god
And I never knew that you were going
To get this respond from god
But god loves us and he does things
So that we can learn from them
Good storry 😆 ❤
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear chalemos,

Your encounter was quite scary. Thank the good Lord that you escaped unharmed from its evil wrath. "When our hearts start to fail, Lord, your strength will prevail".
I would love to hear about your other experiences.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
realozo (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
A coworker recently told me about a very similar experience that happened to him in L.A. He related that he was taking care of his sister's house when a foul odor woke him from his sleep one night and he began to hear what sounded like hoves pacing outside of the bedroom door. Eventually the entity entered the room and what he described seeing was a demon with the upper half of a man and the lower half of a hooved beast. He closed his eyes tightly and prayed to God and the demond, disappeared. He kept his experience a secret for months until his sister told him that her son kept telling her that he saw a half man half beast demon. At that point my coworker confessed to her what he had seen. I don't know if this could be explained away by mere stress as two people independently experienced the same thing.
ashley18 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
"Open your eyes and see who commands you" omgggg that's really horrible... Anyweiz thanks for sharing your exoerciend...:)

*godbless*
bugsy (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-29)
One night I wasn't able to sleep so I went to get into bed with my mother, as soon as I got to her bedroom door I smelled an awful stinch, (I was only 8 at the time), I opened her bedroom door and saw a horible half man, half hoofed creature with fangs, and leather skin standing over the top of her drowling. He also had a ring of keys handging on his left hand, and the other hand (claw) was right above her knee going up her thigh, it scared me so bad I started crying, and as soon as he heard me he turned in growled and disappeared in two seconds. The smell went away about 5 minutes after it did. After it was all over my Mom told me she thought she was dreaming until I told her I saw the devil standing on the side of her bed.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
Hi chalemos. Did you have any other experiences like this around the same time frame? I tend to agree with others who say stress was a factor, you were going through quite a lot. You said you were angry, depressed and questioning god. If your religious beliefs are generally strong then maybe it's possible that you had a vivid dream about a demon as a form of guilt or self punishment for doubting something you believe to be true in your heart. Thanks for sharing your story and I would like to hear some of the others you mentioned.
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
It's hard for me to read religious stories, and be on one side or the other, seeing as I myself am not religious, I think there is a God, I am just not sure what religion is the real one, all I know is that I think God made us, and if we love him, and respect him he will do good for us, and will keeps us safe.

I agree that this happening would be quite scary, and I feel sorry that this happened, and I hope that you are doing good now.
And I hope that the depression is gone.

Anyways, the story was interesting, and thanks for sharing it.
Tricia
jwhitfi (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
i do believe that you had an awful experience, and only you know what really happened. Whether it was a deamon or not I cannot say... Did it smell like sulfur?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
Stress can do terrible things to a person. Not saying this didn't happen as told just saying it almost sounds like a waking dream to me.
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
Hey everyone, haven't been on in a longgggggggggg time. Chalemos, what kind of history does (did) the house have? Was it once something like a grveyard or possibly a house where an unsuccesfull exorcism happened? Things like this can really make a difference. In a house I lived in with my parents for a loittle bit, we kept hearing animal noises like a farm. While it was annoying, it wasn't dangerous, then we found out the house used to be a slaughter house! Imaigine that... Anywho, try to find out something on the houses history and let us know.
May God Be With You,
Tmetsfan31 AKA Tanis
Tmetsfan31 [at] aim.com if you want to talk more.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
Hi chalemos. I believe what you experienced was either Sleep Paralysis or an altered state vision. I have had many episodes of Sleep Paralysis and each one has been different. A persons mind can conjure up unbelievable things when you are under stress. I am like Shane demonic attacks are few and far between. Take Care and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
babylon (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
i to have had a few very scarey experieces like the one you describe, I don't agree with the sleep paraylisis explantion, I guess I have had ones that could be just that but, when you feel and smell a stinking demon on top of you you never forget it, and I looked at my attacker (and damn it was ugly) I was awake, and when I said in my mind "archangel micheal" please help me, this thing screetched in discust and was gone, but it came back the next night with "friends" and they pulled my blankets off and tried to suffocate me with my pillow, until again I thought in my mind"archangel michael"they left again, this all happened in a house I rented that the owners "who weirdly enough fled the country"used to practise voodoo, so go figure. I might also add that ghosts and spirits do not normallly scare me as I have been dealing all my life with them, but this was pure evil at its best.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Chalemos = Hi, very intriguing ordeal. Your situation could have been bought my means mishaps hangaring in your environment, entities. I had my share of misfortune happenings. One after another. I also doubted about God, and it made matters worst. I couldn't read the bible or inspired positive text from it, the words would move from side to side and couldn't figure what it said. I also felt when holding materials with God's word, an energy liked force wanting to pull it away. Similar to a magnet when trying to unite same poles and it pulls away. I too seek, pray and off it went. But you did the correct thing, you prayed with the heart for help, and it came to you. Entities knows what we have in mind, when sometimes we think not impossible. They know how we feel, they cause situation to happen, remember they are unhappy spirit beings wanting to be human and cause confusion to peoples realities. You are a sensitive, just be aware.
Take care, and read more stories for answers
Rose
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Mustang and Shane seem to be right on track, chalemos. I would also, from my research, say that this is another form of sleep paralysis. If I were you, this would be bugging me so much that I would be checking out other stories on here about sleep paralysis and comparing notes. There is one story on this site called Attacked by a Ghost. It is by freakedout. Look that up and read the comments as there are some good points made there.
The great, and not so great, thing about being human is when we experience something that someone else has, sometimes the "symptoms" are different, but we have the same experience. At least we can compare and eliminate possibilities though.
Thank you.
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
I feel sorry for you having to go through that ordeal! If it were me I'd of sat there and maybe even tryed to scream! Of course I wouldn't open my eyes ever, that must of been terryfying! Good luck for the future, 😁 ❤ Melonlover
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
I am with Mustang on this one. It could very well have been sleep paralysis. I have been around the paranormal for years and have only come across what I would possibly determine to be maybe two "demon" type hauntings/possesions. Like Mustang said S.P., is brought on by stress, lack of sleep and a number of other factors. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hi chalemos. You have some pretty, well, 'out there' experiences. I know you said you could not go to sleep but are you sure that you weren't dozing off to sleep when this happened. I have dealt with something holding me down but no fowl smell and no talking, only this strange buzzing noise, kind of like static. Did you hear anything else from this 'entity' that was attacking you. If you were dozing off to sleep I would consider it to possibly be sleep paralysis. I really don't think mine was sleep paralysis although some might. I know the feeling of the attack. I just wonder if there is anything you might have accidentally left out of the story that could be pertinant so we could possibly help you better understand what it could have been. Sleep Paralysis is usually brought on by stress and tension and you were going through a divorce at the time. It also can make you hallucinate, hear and feel things that aren't really there. It is really a strange phenomena and extremely frightening. Has it ever happened again? Mine only happened one time and thank God for that! Thanks for sharing your experience. ~Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Wow! Talk about an up close and frightening encounter! Whew! I am so glad you were able to come to terms with what was occuring in your life to cause this 'demon' to appear. It sounds as if you were able to reconcile many issues that morning 😁

I would love to hear other accounts and experiences you have had.

Thank you for sharing what must have been a horrific experience, but with a wonderful ending. ❤

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: