You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Man

 

This is something that happened to me a few years back. I was spending the night at my grandma's house and I was in the bedroom. My grandma was in the living room sleeping on the couch. I was asleep and then felt something grab me and try to pull me off the bed. When I opened my eyes I saw a Shadow man. That's what was trying to get me off the bed. And I was scared and yelled for my grandma and all the normal things... I don't know if it was a dream or what but it felt very real and I was half way off of the bed when I woke up. All I know is how it felt and it felt real.

I don't really stay over there at night anymore, but every time I stayed there I felt uneasy. Anybody have any ideas? Also when my brother stayed there he said he saw a wolf at the end of the hallway. And I have heard a walker... My great grandfather stayed at her house before he died... I felt like this shadow man wanted to hurt me. And I'm pretty sure my grandpa wouldn't have tried to hurt me. My mom and grandma both told me and my brothers that house was haunted but nothing ever tried to drag me out of bed or anything.

Any help would be great...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jeremiah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WolfHeadParanormal (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-02)
Dear Jeremiah. For a living, I am a paranormal investigator and researcher for a small group of investigators in Georgia. One of the things we look into most is Shadowmen. They have great personal importance to us. Perhaps, if you like, you could send an e-mail to our research branch. I would like to ask you a few questions if you would be interested. I may be able to answer some of your questions behind this Shadowman. You can reach me directly at WolfHeadParanormal_Research [at] live.net Hope to talk with you soon.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
I would venture to guess you had a very real encounter with sleep paralysis. Sleep parlysis is terrifying, especially if you are completely unaware of what is going on and what to expect, then you panic, making the symptoms and process feel all that much worse.

As far as the wolf, I would not be to overly concerned about it. It is said that wolves an dogs are very protecting, loyal creatures. It is probably there to watch out for your family.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hello Jeremiah.
This sounds to me as if it were Sleep Paralysis also. Perhaps you were not fully awake when you felt the Shadow Person and were a bit confused as to your sleep/awake state. I do not know for certain as I was not there, but it does sound like the "typical" S.P. Experience.
I do not think you have to worry about the wolf you saw at the end of the hall. He is perhaps a residual haunting, left over from the time when Arizona was a wild place. Another thought, he could possibly be a Guide, but have you seen any reaction in him or does he just stand at the end of the hall?
Thank you for your story. Keep us posted.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hi Jeremiah. Does your grandma have any worries about the things that are happening? I guess if she feels safe in her house then you shouldn't be upset by the things that have happened. She says her house is haunted so maybe she's come to terms with the way things are. If she's afraid, you could try to help her by going to her house and telling the spirits to leave her house and leave her alone. You could try a smudge ceremony (Shane has instructions in the articles section). Hopefully that will help.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hi Jeremiah. I know all too well about the 'Shadow Man', all though very full in figure rather than a shadow, I still call him or "IT" that. I tend to somewhat agree with FRAWIN because a 'Shadow Person' is a 'Shadow Person' because they cannot create enough energy to manifest fully so how can they have the strength to move anything. Were you just going to sleep or just waking up? That's when sleep paralysis happens. HOWEVER... You are the one who experienced this. Just remember, there is another realm out there, other beings, but there are scientific explainations to many so-called paranormal experiences. I hope you find your answer and hope it NEVER happens again! ~Shelby ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hello Jeremiah. If I was to venture a guess at what happened to you, I would have to say it was Sleep Paralysis. I know that it sounds like a cop-out but it`s not,
Sleep Paralysis can scare the wax out of you and it seems real. The other things you mentioned, the walker and the wolf seems like residuals, nothing to worry about. I know that all this seems scary now but with a little bit of age you`ll learn to not sweat the small stuff. Just look to your Higher Power to give you strength and protection. Take Care.

FRAWIN
mahimahi42 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
I believe you've had a real attack. I'm not a Christian, but I've noticed that a cross deters (most) demons. If that doesn't work, you're best chance is an exorcism or just not going.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: