You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Entity Or Paranoia?

Real Ghost Stories

Entity Or Paranoia?

 

All of this started when I moved into a new house after my parents split up. The house was old but spacious and the rent was affordable, so my mom and I decided to move into it. It was also very close to my school. So the first night I spent in my new home was unsettling. I happen to be the type of person who would fall asleep very quickly and I had a lot of difficulty going to bed. As in, I was exhausted from moving, but I still couldn't sleep. I shrugged the feeling off, thinking it could be the new house and furniture and unfamiliar surroundings. But flash forward to 5 months later and I still couldn't fall asleep easily in my room. But if I tried to sleep in my mother's room or the living room, I would be asleep in a minute. It was just my room that gave me the creeps. I would also like to mention that I would constantly hear dogs barking and cats screeching (There are 9 dogs in my lane.)

Due to all these disturbances, I began sleeping in my mother's room. Everything was fine and dandy. I could rest without any problems. But I did have the occasional feeling of being watched. About a year later, I decided to occupy the room once again. We got new furniture and I was comfortable in my home. I could sleep easily too. But now, the problem was that I was being woken up in the middle of the night and let me tell you, I actually slept through an earthquake once. Nothing could wake me up (unless I was sick.)

I would wake up at odd hours like 1:00 am and 2:45, sometimes even around 3:15. It creeped me out and I could feel someone staring at me. I couldn't see anyone, but I felt a presence of a tall man, standing near the door just staring at me. He never entered the room, just stood there. I still get goosebumps thinking about it. I wear a talisman around my neck and so, I held onto it and chanted a prayer that I was taught in Sanskrit. I willed myself to go to sleep. I told my mother and she dismissed it by saying that it could be my father. But my father is still alive and this man's build is lean and tall, whereas my father's build is tall and larger.

I told myself that it was fine and even if it was an entity, it wouldn't hurt me and cleansed the room with sea salt. I don't know what or who that entity was and it confuses me to this day. I hope someone can hopefully shed some light on this issue. Thank you.

Other hauntings by rithika

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rithika, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-18)
I guess it's a paranoia. Try switching your mind away from this.
Rose97 (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
Just an opinion,
As you said your parents split up it might be your mental state that you were feeling this kind of things because when you slept with your mom in her room you could fall asleep easily... May be you felt lonely...
By the way It was nice to read your post 😊
invinciblekid (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-13)
This seems like nothing more than paranoia. Why didn't you swap rooms with your mother just to see whether she feels someone staring at her or not while sleeping in that mysterious room? If she manages to have a good night's sleep, then chances are there of this being a persecutory delusion.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-13)
I gather from what you wrote that the cleansing and talisman/prayers worked? So you haven't seen 'him' again? If so, that's good - seems like you could use the sleep:-) In terms of who he was, a bit of research on the house and land could help - sounds to me like a previous resident.

By the by and slightly off topic - are there any members here who are cracked jack property researchers? If so, could they perhaps post some of their favorite go-to methods for researching a residence to help some of our posters along a bit in their own endeavors?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: