You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My 9/11 Ghost- Part 3

Real Ghost Stories

My 9/11 Ghost- Part 3

 

I wrote about two other experiences in years past that may or may not have been connected to victims of the 9/11 attacks. You can check my past stories for those.

I live in a different apartment now, slightly further downtown. I am sure at least a few people who lived in this urban housing development were involved in the attacks.

I was dosing off to sleep last night, when sometime around 1-2 AM I got a mental image of a gentleman I'd never seen before in my life.

Very normal looking, wearing working clothes. Usually when I am trying to sleep I think of mostly pleasing, sexual images to try and unwind. But this seemed like something that was trying to come into my dream because they needed to be seen.

It's just like your eyes are closed and you can clearly picture them standing there, but when you open your eyes there's nothing.

Later on in the night I woke up to take a leak and I could feel a presence of someone watching me. Didn't see anything but I just had a gut feeling someone was there, possibly the same gentleman who came into my dream. The feeling faded after a few seconds and I went back to sleep.

Our apartment is not haunted and we have only experienced one or two other things we couldn't explain in four years there. Needless to say this resulted in a very fitful sleep heading into today, the anniversary of 9/11.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Could this be an attachment or just a one time visitation, someone who wanted to have their presence felt on this day?

Other hauntings by sherm784

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherm784, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BettinaMarie (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-29)
Wow and creep-ola. I know what you mean by "seeing" him until you opened your eyes.
SuperPugLady (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-27)
Hello, Sherm. When I read your story, it reminded me very much of a similar experience, that I encountered, many years ago, now.
I, too, was on the verge of sleep, one night, when a clear image of a young man, possibly in his early twenties, flashed before my mind's eye. It was as though somebody had shown me a photo.
I didn't recognise him but could see every part of the picture clearly, from his features and the expression on his face, to the chequered shirt that he was wearing; not to mention the armchair that he was sitting in and the room's decor!
Whether he was somebody who had passed over and wanted to make contact, I'll probably never know but I believe that your mysterious gentleman wanted to contact you. I hope you get to find out who he is and give him the help that he may need.
😃
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
You mention that you live in an apartment setting. From your previous experiences it seems you are sensitive.

If that is truly the case then its possible that any spirits in the 'area' you live in 'may' be attracted to you because they seek acknowledgment, or help, or are trying to get a message 'across'.

I am not saying this is THE CASE, just suggesting it as a possibility.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
sherm784 (19 stories) (27 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-13)
Melda I think you are absolutely right. Probably is subconscious. I'll try and make a mental note of what the man looked like and see if it keeps coming back every year.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-13)
Hi sherm784, I have the same question / thoughts as Melda (you beat me again to it Melda 😠). It could be your subconsciousness. However if it really is an entity, it is a really persistent one (3 years, once each year)! If so please see my profile page for my thoughts concerning these.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-13)
Sherm - Do you think that because of previous experiences concerning 9/11 you might have been, consciously or subconsciously, expecting something paranormal to take place?

This could have caused the dream and the resulting uneasiness which followed when you were awake. I'm not saying that that is the case but it is a possibility.

I can accept that the gentleman was actually in your dream, whether a victim or 9/11 or not. You were perhaps more than usually open to paranormal events on that night because of your previous experiences.

Just something for you to consider.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: