You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Edward and the Pets from Beyond the Grave

Real Ghost Stories

Edward and the Pets from Beyond the Grave

 

I'm a young girl who can see ghosts. As the title says, I can see a man, who's name I'm not EXACTLY sure of, but I'm getting a strong feeling that this man goes by the name of Edward. He paces the hallway, where all the family's bedrooms are. We live in a 3 bedroom ranch with a living room, kitchen, utility room, and 2 bathrooms.

Until about 5 years ago, when we added a second, larger, living room to the back of the house. It's not just Edward, I can also see dogs from beyond the grave. Mostly my deceased pets, but one that I've never seen before, probably one that my mom and dad had before they adopted me. I think Edward needs help, but I don't know how to help him. The only time I see him is when I'm alone in the hallway or in the middle of the night in the hallway. (I'm a little Insomniac) And so, If I talk to him I might wake everyone up. And when I'm home alone, I'm too scared to stay in the hallway alone. How can I help him? And how would he benefit from it? I need help.

As for the dogs, I just see little glimpses for a split second. They are usually just standing there looking at me. It's usually of my two deceased dogs, Dana and Jasmin. But last night I got a glimpse of a dog that I don't know. All my family's dogs have been boxers, and that's what the "Unknown" dog is, which is what makes me assume that it's my family's past dog. I just want to know what to do about all these ghosts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

noblesbilly (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
There is something about this story that really makes me wonder. You must have a special attachment to these animals. I wonder what attachment that Edward might have to them. Maybe it is not you it is the animals that he might have been attached too? That might be the connection. If you could do some research maybe Edward was somehow attached to the house or the property. The thing with these hauntings is you never know!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Thank you for sharing your story...
For Edward, simply talk to him, try asking him if he is okay and if he can hear you. Whether he reponds or not, tell him it is okay to cross over, to go to the light. He will be at peace and can rest.

For the animals, often times pets will return to see us. They are loyal, loving and determined when they become a true member of the family. These may be residual hauntings and simply be an imprint into the fabric of time that keeps repeating over and over.

I would say from your descriptors, none of these sound harmful in any way. I to realize it is often felt as a burden to see and hear things that others do not. Try to see it as a gift. That does not mean that whenever you see or feel or hear 'entities' should no be on guard until you get some tyoe of sense from what is being relayed to you. Just as with people and life, not all entities are the same, just like not all people are the same, nor can they all be trusted just like people.

God Bless! 😁 ❤
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hello!
I think the first major thing you need to do is talk to your parents about it. Tell them you see Spirits. I know by experience that most parents don't react really well but be persistent. Next talk to "Edward" and help him move on. I think others who posted here have explained this further to you.
Good luck dear. 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
I did for get to address a question that I just saw while rereading your story, though, Maria. You asked how you could help Edward, and how would he benefit from that help.
That is a pretty simple answer, but one that many people seem to overlook. By helping Edward cross over, you will be benefiting him far beyond what we can fathom in our minds. You will be helping him to make it to his family members and you will be setting his soul free.
Can you imagine having to stay in a place that did not have any of your family and friends and there was no way out? I have been in some very desperate situations where I felt there was no light at the end of the tunnel, but for a ghost stuck here on earth, that is a literal analogy.
Ghost have lived their lives, and for them that time on earth should be over. They should be in a place that is peaceful and full of love and loved ones. Instead they are in the Land of Strangers where no one that they once knew now reside.
How confusing, frustrating and despairing would that be?
By helping Edward cross over, you will honor him by giving him the gift of peace. That is a gift that is irreplaceable.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
You are absolutely right, Luv.
I am trying to eliminate possibilities here. That is why I put in the suggestion of talking to Edward first, if only just in Maria's mind. If he does not respond, perhaps he is residual. If there is not a single thing that could be construed as a response, then I would have to say residual.
My concern is this: It would appear that Edward is hanging around. In the stories first paragraph, Maria mentions Edward, the second paragraph fast forwards to five years later. Is that a long time for a residual haunting? I do not know. I know that it would make me feel uncomfortable with that possibility.
Also, if he is residual... WHAT is trying to get her attention? I further have this question: If you have a residual haunting, what are the chances that the main player in this film can also star in its own intelligent haunting? I mean, is it possible? If not, then there would have to be another Being, would there not?
Until Maria answers some of the questions, though, I have only what she has written to go by. I do have a sinking suspicion though, that some of the experiences that have been grouped with Edwards activities may be from something else, not Edward.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
I was reading what whitebuffalo wrote and I have a question: If a residual haunting is like a recording or a movie that plays back and cannot harm any one, then why is it trying to comunicate with her? I was told that residual hauntings don't know that anyone is there as a matter of fact they don't even know that they are dead.
I have a feeling that the dogs are there to protect her and that the entity "Edward" is something else.
Please don't take this wrong I'm just a little confused now!

thanks
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hello Maria.
I tell you, Honey, it is not easy to see things that others can not, is it? I think the pets are just there so that you realise that they still love you and thank you for the care you gave them while they were alive. As to the unknown dog, I am not sure, but perhaps your animals made a friend and this one comes along for the visit.
As for Edward. Try speaking to him in your head. Just ask him a question, ghosties come from another realm that seems to kind of overlap ours. Occasionally, and I have never asked my daughter how often this works, but my daughter has led a few ghosts to the light while just talking to them in her mind. I do not know how this works, and maybe all ghosts are not mind readers. At least if you get a response to your questions you will know if he is residual or not.
If he is residual, I am afraid you will just have to see him until his "movie" runs it's course. You should know that in a residual haunting, the ghost is a recording. It can not harm you or touch you at all. All it is a film of what once was.
Thank you for your story. Hopefully we can help you calm some of those uncomfortable feelings.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Maria, pets are very loyal, you know what they say, man's best friend. They are probably keeping an eye out for you and letting you know they are still there for you. You could go with your religious beliefs, if you have any, and let that dictate how you handle Edward. It doesn't seem that he's threatening, maybe just lost and lonely. Ask him to move on and be with his family and loved ones. Tell him he scares you and you want him to leave. If it is a residual haunting, where he doesn't vary from his 'routine', you have no need to worry. That's like an imprint of him walking the hall and he doesn't even know you are there. I don't think asking him to leave will work if that's the case but there is nothing to fear. Thanks for sharing your experiences, I enjoyed your story.
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
Whoot! First Comment. Ok, I too can see...things. All of which are pretty freaky. As to your problem, do your parents know? You should let them know, and then ask them to understand that you NEED to make contact with "Edward" so that he can cross on. It is very important that your parents know because for all you know, "Edward" could be a demon incognito. This is usually where Shane or Abby Come in talking about some sort of ritual that can help :D.
May God Be With You
Tmetsfan31 AKA Tanis Annicchiarico
Tmetsfan31 [at] aim.com if you wish to talk more sweety.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: