You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New House Spook

Real Ghost Stories

New House Spook

 

We moved into this fine house, which was only 50 or so years old. It was owned originally by our neighbour's father. He then sold it to move to an old folks home. A family lived in it for almost 15 years. My wife and I moved in almost 1.5 years ago. The disturbances began slowly. A light fixture in our dining room flickers and dims. I ended up having to check the wiring and made sure the bulbs were the correct voltage and dimmer compatible (everything checked out).

Not overly noticeable and and easily dismissable we ignored these events. Over time we bought a new little family member in, our first cat Panda.

Things became more noticeable very quickly after this.

Panda would look past us at something. On more than one occasion I walked into the laundry room (which is below the dining room I may add) and her tail would be fully fluffed out in a scared / defensive manor. My man-cave is a room down the hall from the laundry room. I once held Panda and both doors were open. As I held her she was watching something moving in the laundry room.

Things became strange when one day I came back from work and I went to feed the cat what I saw baffles me still. Pandas food dish which is elevated was sitting inside her water dish (which would be impossible for her to do without spillage of any contents, and the floor was clean and dry. I asked my wife if she had accidentally set the dish in the other in the morning, which she denied. I showed her what had occurred and still she denied it.

The next event was even stranger.

I was in the kitchen and my wife was in the dining room eating breakfast. I then heard a woman's voice say clearly " hmm I don't know" I looked at my wife and asked her " what?" she looked at me with a mouth full of cereal that she was working on chewing clearly not having said a word.

This is not the only time I heard the voice. The second time I heard the voice I was brushing my teeth and I clearly heard " Josh!" being spoken as if to get my attention. I again asked my wife if she had said something to me but she was in the basement away from our on suite bathroom. I have not heard the voice again since.

Another time I was taking random photos with my Nikon camera and I caught a photo of an orb in the dining room.

Once while I was up watching a movie, the cat was on our bed, and my wife was in the basement watching Netflix. All of a sudden we heard a crash coming from the basement washroom. I ran downstairs to see if my wife had fallen, but she was still on the couch looking at the washroom. I walked in the bathroom cat in tow. The shower curtain had fallen down. This shower curtain is difficult to move and there had been no moisture to cause it to slide. This has occurred more than once at random intervals in a dry environment and securely attached to the wall.

The latest events have occurred within two weeks. We bought a second kitten (Luna) and both of them are acting strangely in the laundry room. They both look at one wall in particular and despite me dusting or looking for insects and spiders there is nothing. One time they even followed something from end of the room to the other. The second and by far the creepiest happened last night.

I was in the dining room on the computer when the light dimmed to almost an orange glow. Then turned on again. My wife came in and stood between the dining room and kitchen talking to me when the lights dimmed on and off for a few seconds. Then dimmed one last time and turned normal again. This time as they turned normal my wife flinched and and said in a panicked tone " Whoa I feel weird!" she walked quickly into the other room and said after the lights went normal she got really cold as if something moved through her. Our house is currently at 23 degrees C no windows open or fans on.

These are the current events. I will update if anything else happens.

Other hauntings by Reaper666343

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reaper666343, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-04)
Thanks for the positive remarks.

On a ghosty remark. A few more things have happened. I almost have enough for a shorter story.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-03)
Puthy: better check a thesaurus, the use of some synonyms instead of *** would make you look a little smart. 😜
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-03)
Puthy,
Please read the Comments Guidelines.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/comments-guidelines.php

There is absolutely no need for the vulgar language you use, or to try and scare the OP. Using da for 'the', and the lack of punctuation just makes your comment seem very immature.

This comment from Puthy is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

GenjiGod (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-10-03)
First off if you know anything about ghost like I do lol. If your moving into an old nice big house with family history, chances are it might have a spirit or something in it. You should of checked out the history before you bought it, but seeing that that is to late, I would ask around and see if anyone knows anything strange about the house. Please keep us updated!
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-26)
Reaper,

Nice read! Thank you for sharing and keep us up to date on what's going on in the house!
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-23)
Thanks aisyah and Randym I will keep posting, A few small thing have occurred since but nothing to drastic, just the cats watching something in the hallway in our basement. I am keeping notes and will publish a new story once I get enough info:)
aisyah1987 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-22)
Please keep us updated! This is really intriguing!
And take care of yourself! ❤
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-09-22)
Reaper

Thanks for sharing
The thing that strikes me is that none of the events seem malicious in any way.
In fact it seems that the ghost (s) are trying only to get your attention to let you know they are there.

Please share more if events continue. And may I advise keeping a journal

Have a great day
RANDY.
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-20)
The "Josh" is said was my name, I may do some research about the property. Thanks for the advice! WIll keep everyone posted when more happens.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-20)
Wow! Eerie indeed! Voices and noises happened all together! The "Josh", did it call your name or was it somebody else? Gee... I would have done a number 2 in my pants if it was me!

Well, so far, as I could tell, if this is a spirit it is either attracted to animals or very playful.
One opinion I will give is "ghosts" feed on "fear". No, do not misunderstand me, it is not that they really gain energy when you fell fear, it is most of the time our mind. What I mean from this is when we are fearful our mind always makes us imagine things, that's our nature from the prehistoric period so really no offend, every one of us do. Just remember to remain calm when facing such situations most of the cases are just fine, do be tricked by people telling you that those are "demons" or "bad entities", most are just "big lies".

Cheers and no fears!

E.Lynx
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-09-20)
Something about that laundry room! The ghoulish sensationalist side of me jumps straight to 'body in the wall! The old fellow that built the place offed his wife and hid her there as the foundations were laid!' Possible, but unlikely. There does seem to be something amiss with that home and, sensation aside, I get the feeling its coming from the earth. As in perhaps something was disturbed there either when the house was built or more recently - does the house have an recent additions (not just structures added to the home itself but also things like a pool, shed, extensive flower beds, large trees removed and dug up)? Granted, I am just going on a hunch based on the feeling I got when I read your account.

Is there any way to speak to the family about what they may have experienced? And maybe hit the library... Check newspapers for around the time the house was constructed. Old city maps are also good for finding out what was there before the house.

Keep us posted with your experiences and anything you dig up:) I hope your kitties don't get too stressed out ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: