You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Someone is Watching Over Me

Real Ghost Stories

Someone is Watching Over Me

 

As a child I had always been interested by the supernatural but nothing really ever happened to me until I was about nine. My dad and I went to eat at TONY'S BAR, we were both eating breakfast and after we finished my dad started to smoke a cigarette, when he leaned forward to tap the cigarette ashes into the ashtray, it moved about fifteen centimeters away from him. We both looked at the ashtray amazed, not being able to believe what we had just seen. That was my first ever supernatural encounter.

My second was about four years later after my parents separation. I was staying at my dad's house, this was the place I grew up in which was over a hundred years old, it was about three in the morning and my dad had gone out to buy some fruit, I was so tired I decided to call it a night so I closed my eyes and fell half asleep. All of a sudden I felt a strong poke in my back and I know I was not dreaming, I turned around but no one was there, my dad hadn't arrived yet.

After that fright, although I was petrified, I was still extremely tired and I fell asleep some time after that. I was woken up again by the sound of the fan switching off by itself, it did it again a few times after that, I surely was not going to sleep after that.

Finally my dad arrived home and after I told him what had happened he mentioned to me that sometimes he would be lying in bed and then someone or something invisible would sit down next to him. After a bit, me and my dad figured out that it might be my deceased granddad looking out for us. Also one time it was about five in the evening, my auntie was arguing with my grandmum upstairs whilst I was in the bedroom downstairs, all of a sudden the door slammed so violently that the window opposite vibrated. Maybe it was just the wind but it was quite a normal non-windy day, it seemed more like an act of frustration.

All I know is that there is definitely someone in our house watching over us, especially when I walked down the staircase which has a creepy old bedroom directly behind it, I always feel as though I am being watched by someone.

Although my story may not be as spine chilling as some of the other ones I felt the need to share it with this site.

Other hauntings by karaonline199326

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, karaonline199326, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
This story is good! It smacks of authenticity! Even though there are creepy things going on I think associated with a being, or beings, it's interesting to me that you don't feel afraid of this. That is an accomplishment, how do you do it? I think that you are not afraid because you titled your story 'Someone is watching over me', that sounds comforting rather than alarming.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Cool story and believable. Seems like you are privy to things most aren't.

Is your dad prone to hunting fruit in the middle of the night?! Kidding, but funny.

Thanks.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Emma,
thank you for sharing your story with us! I am certain if this was not your granddad watching out for you, it was and is someone just as important who loves you very much! ❤

I realize it can be difficult and is very frightening at times, however, this is a blessing that you are loved by individuals who would go to such lengths after passing that they would look out for you and let you know thay are around!

God Bless! 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hi Emma.
You know what? Because your story was not as spine chilling as some others on this site, it is more believable than some.
I think it is wonderful that Grandparents like to watch out for us, even after they have passed on. Sometimes it does feel a bit creepy, as we have been programmed to think that ghosts have to be evil. That is not the case. Many people have relatives visit them from the Other Side just to let their loved ones know that they were appreciated and they still love.
This was a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Emma, thank you for sharing your story, I enjoyed it. It sounds like your granddad was keeping an eye on his family!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: