You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Me-Maw?

Real Ghost Stories

Me-Maw?

 

This is my first time writing about my experiences. I have had many experiences not only in the house that I live in now but the previous house that I once lived in. Here are a few stories that I remember and tell to people who don't believe.

When I was 7 years old my grandmother who I called Me-Maw, of who I was EXTREMELY close to passed away from medical problems. She had been in and out of the hospital and nursing home. She passed away in the nursing home that we live behind. I was DEVASTATED. Well not to long after that is when I noticed weird things start to happen. I was terrified to be in the house along, or walk down the hall, or even be in my room by myself.

One day I was across my room from the door and I was sitting there on the floor, now you much know that my Me-Maw smoked these nasty smelling cigarettes, so I was just sitting there and my whole room was engulfed with the smell of these nasty cigarettes. I looked behind me and ran out of my room.

My mom is the kind you can tell anything to so I ran to her and told her and she was like yeah I smell it around me too at certain times. Well we talked about it for a few minutes and then I decided to go back to my room, and the smell was gone. I got very upset because I realized that it was probably my Me-Maw and I had scared her away.

Sometime later I don't remember exactly how long after that incident this one occurred. I awoke with a strange feeling, so I picked my head up and looked around and then I called for my mom. I always had to have her lay with me until I fell asleep or if I woke up. I laid back down to try to go back to sleep but it wouldn't work, so I again called for my mom. I did this a few more times and when I picked my head up the last time I looked at the door only to notice a lady standing there. She had no face, I couldn't tell what she was wearing and I couldn't see any feet. I was terrified! I just looked at her and she just stared straight at me.

Then as we were just examining each other she stuck her hand straight out to me and took a step! Just to say I wanted to jump out of my skin! It wasn't a scared feeling, it was an excitement, I felt at peace. I was scared don't get me wrong but it was a peaceful and calming feeling.

After we looked at each other for what felt like an eternity, which was only about a few seconds, I put my head back down and went right back to sleep. After every experience I've had, I was always able to fall right back asleep.

I believe that it was the same night at the last experience, but I remember having a dream of someone coming to my bed side and rubbing my back and playing with my hair until I fell asleep. I also remember feeling very peaceful and loved and safe.

I've had many other experiences in that house. We have since moved from that house, but that was my home for about 11-12 years. I moved into that house at the age of 2 and was there until the age of 14 years old.

Other hauntings by enjolee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, enjolee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LilSistagurl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Hi Enjolee... I loved your story and it touched my heart, I had a grandparent who I was close to me who passed away Dec 18, 2009 and my mom and I have been getting a few experiences from him 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Hmmm, I am a bit confused. If you could not see a face at all, how are you sure she was looking at you? I certainly do not doubt the feelings and sentiment at all, just curious.

God Bless! ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hi Enjolee. Thank you for another great story. I will have to agree with the others that this is your grandmother coming to comfort you. The strong cigarette smell is her way of letting you know who it is. I only knew one grandparent, my mothers daddy, he would chew Red Ox chewing tabacco
and when he finished he would take it out and lay it up to dry. When it was dried out he would put it in his pipe and smoke it. The smell of it would just about make you gag, it was so strong. The reason I`m telling you this is that this smell identified Grandpa and if I ever smell it again I will know who it is and not be afraid.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hi Enjolee.
I think that when you called out to your Mother your Grandmother answered the call. I think she is just as concerned as your mother about your strange sleep habits that Grandma thought she would comfort you to sleep.
I think it is your Grandmother in your other stories too. She is so much a part of your life. How comforting.
Thank you for your story.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
I wish I had My Me-Maw come and visit me. She passed away when I was about 7-8yrs old and I still miss her. She is there for you and she wants you to see that. On your other stories you said that something caresses or plays with your hair I think Ma-Maw is still around.
thanks for sharring
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
That was a sweet story of your Me-Maw coming to see you and your Mom. My guess is that she wanted to make sure you knew it was her with her smelly cigs. Sounds like it worked. Maybe the dream of her wasn't a dream? Thanks for sharing your touching story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: