You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Mother's Voice

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother's Voice

 

This story isn't that long but it's kind of creepy to me, because of what happens. Just read and tell me what you think about what happen! One night I was in my old house and I was in my room doing something, I was about 9 to 10 years old at the time, give or take a few years. I was busy when all of a sudden I heard my mother scream her roommates name and a faint whisper said mine. I rushed to the kitchen and asked the roomate if mom was home. I said "I heard her scream your name." The response I got back scared me to death, "No. She isn't home yet, and I heard it too." As I was being answered this weird, scared look came over both of our faces.

She then walked outside and looked in the drive way and my moms' car wasn't there. She then walked in the front yard all the way to the fence thinking it was our neighbor and realized that it wasn't her either. By this time I was freaked out a little and waited inside for her patiently and when she returned she grabbed the phone and called my mom, there was no answer. She then tried a few more times and no answer. We then received a phone call from my mom telling us where she was and what she was doing. She was out of town, she often had to go out of town for her job and she informed us that she was on her way home and that she was talking to a friend of hers that she hadn't seen in a long time.

I don't really understand why the voice sounded like my mom, she was in no danger that we knew of. But she told us that while she was standing there she got this over whelming feeling to get in touch with us, so she cut her conversation short and returned to her car to phone us and left the location that she was at. Maybe it was someone helping us in a way that we will never know, or maybe it was someone that we love just getting in touch with us and making us get in touch with one another. Whatever or whoever it was, was greatly appreciated. Any insight to what or who this might have been is great.

Other hauntings by enjolee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, enjolee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LilSistagurl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
hi enjolee, wow this story of yours creeped me out! I Like reading your stories!
God Bless ❤ ALESHA
rosered66 (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I agree with Farwin, I think it was a guardian angel that knew danger was near. So they make both you and your mother both feel different things, so you will be distracted enough and act on your feelings giving you enough time for whatever danger was ahead sort of like a sixth sense. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
It may have been as WhiteBuffalo and others are suggesting, perhaps this was the 'entity' knowing Mom should have been home by now, she wasn't, so, you were alerted to check on her, assure she was alright and knew you where aware.

Sounds like it may want to keep you all together and safe. It may be that one of the 'entities' in your home really thrives on and needs the familial bond represented in your home. It may be a source of comfort either because it is something they did not have and wish they did, or it is osmething they have missed since passing.

Keep us posted!
God Bless! 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hello Enjolee.
Here is a thought. Your mother was running late as she stopped a visited with a friend she had not seen in quite a while. You know how those things go. You get to talking and time just flies by.
Back at home, someone might be staring to wonder where Mom is and if everything is alright as she travels a lot and there really is no way of knowing where she is on any given day.
The two people who are closest to your Mom at this point were her room mate and you. So maybe Me-Maw said "Hey! You need to let the folks at home know you are running late..." So Mom got the urge to call.
Around that same time Grandma wanted you to be ready for the call, so she called out to your Moms room mate, and then so as not to frighten you, whispered your name.
Just a thought. But I think your Grandmother wants you all to keep on sharing that closeness that binds the three of you.
Thank you for your story. I look forward to more.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hello Enjolee. I really enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing it with us. Many people, I for one, have heard their names called from "out of the blue..." The reason for this I don`t think anyone knows for sure. My opinion is it may be departed loved ones calling out but in some cases it may be Guardian Angels/spirit guides calling to make you stop long enough for danger to pass you by. But in your case I believe that Bellissima pretty well pegged it. Take Care and God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
That is very interesting. Sometimes we will have things happen that we will not have an answer for and maybe that is the way that they are meant to be.
Luckly no one got hurt. I like your point of view. To see things in a good way and with a good outcome.
thanks for sharing
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Enjolee, hi. Maybe it was your Mom's voice you heard projected to you when she had the panic(?) or sudden feeling that she needed to call. It must have startled and worried her to have that feeling (she's your Mom, and that's what Moms do!) I like your theory of a loved one intervening to prevent an unpleasant incident. That's nice. You'll probably never know exactly but I'll bet you'll never forget about it! I enjoyed your story, thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: