You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: First Possible Ghost Experience

Real Ghost Stories

First Possible Ghost Experience

 

This is very recent. In fact I made this account just to write about it. It happened last night in the early morning probably between 3-5am. I had woken up and jumped out of bed to go to the toilet as I was having a few beers before bed. Once I got back into bed and settled in, though, my bed shook hard. I assumed it was an earthquake and went to sleep. New Zealand sits over a lot of fault lines so decent earthquakes aren't anything out of the ordinary.

Once I woke up I checked Geonet.com to size up that earthquake during the night. I asked my partner if she felt the earthquake before doing so and she replied, "What earthquake?". Turns out there were no noticeable earthquakes.

Https://i.imgur.com/vL6Z5bu.png

After seeing that I thought about the event a bit more. The way my bed shook was nothing like an earthquake. It moved hard, but only in one direction, and once. It wasn't a back and forth motion like an earthquake. It was like someone had planted their foot on my bed frame and kicked hard.

Rather creepy when I think about it. There was another experience my mum actually had in this house too. She was walking back to bed in the dark as she had got up for the toilet. Dad was already fast asleep in bed. As she got close to the bed her duvet covers flew up in front of her.

Maybe we've got a ghost that doesn't appreciate the toilet being used in the middle of the night? Who knows. Exciting nonetheless. It will be interesting to see if this keeps up or repeats tonight. I'll update if it does.

Cheers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustAPrankBro, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
JustAPrankBro, so interesting (and un-nerving!) My sis had the same thing happen to her several times, to the point I went looking to see if I could find anything on it some years ago. Apparently there are lots of people who experience this, with absolutely no quake or tremor involved, and no pets jumping suddenly off the bed. Seemed like it had never been conclusively resolved for anyone. Not much help to you, but at least you're not alone in your experience.
Kat_D (2 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
Hiya a little late to the party lol. I had something very similar happen to me back in 2005. I was flatting in an old house on Tinakori Road in Wellington. I heard rustling next to my bed first which woke me up. I was just drifting off when I felt what seemed like someone jumping into the bed next to me. I high tailed it upstairs to my best friends room and asked her if there had been an earthquake which there hadn't. A few other odd things happened there. I had my stereo randomly turn off, saw a dude at the end of my bed and had a glass shatter, thankfully we'd all left the room and were in the kitchen when that happened as glass went everywhere!
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
What part of nz fellow kiwi? Any idea in age of house street areas
moonrider (2 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-09-30)
Well, I don't know how to explain this. But things happened just as narrated by the author here... My mother (a non-drinker) experienced it in broad daylight, unlike night times that you or your family might have experienced.
JustAPrankBro (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-09-28)
Haha! It was only 4 beers and they were spaced out responsibly, so I think we can rule that out. 😜

Haven't had anything like that night happen again since. Normally I sleep facing the open side of the room. When that push/kick happened, however, I had my back turned to the open side of the room and was facing the wall. Maybe whatever it was won't happen again until I turn my back again? I'll have to experiment.
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-09-28)
Hmmm... Either You have something in Your house that really wants you to notice them orr You drank way too much that night. The only factor that makes me lean more towards spirit and not drunkenness is the event that happened to your mom. Keep your eyes open and maybe You will get an answer.

None the less its interesting. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-09-28)
"...I had woken up and jumped out of bed to go to the toilet as I was having a few beers before bed..."

Are you sure the shaking wasn't produced by the alcohol in your blood stream?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: