You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Auditorium

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Auditorium

 

To start off I go to this high school. I'm not going to release its name because the reputation of the school is bad enough and it doesn't need a ghost story. Back in ninth grade I started as a techie (technical theatre) so I would be up in the light booth working on lights and sound. One day I'm sitting there preparing for a show (getting cues set) and I heard someone whisper my name. The voice was female so I thought it was my theatre director. I looked out of the little window we have there and there was no one around so I dismissed it as my mind playing tricks.

Then I started hearing footsteps and the hairs on the back of my neck started standing up so I looked around and there was no one there. I walked into all three rooms of the booth and nothing. The little events happened every now and then so I just dismissed them and would continue working.

Fast forward to tenth grade.

I started calling the "ghost" Sarah, the reason being the voice was female. (for some reason I'm starting to call her Carrie). Well there was the new kid who came in and started techie work too. It made me glad because I wasn't the only one now. Let's call him Steve (not his real name). He goes in the light booth sometimes during first period to sleep or hang out and work since he doesn't really do anything during that time. Now I never told Steve about all of my incidents.

One day we were staying after working and he asked if the auditorium was haunted. Now since I never told him about anything this kind of shocked me so I asked "why?". His response left me shocked. He said that he heard a female voice calling his name and footsteps but no one was in the except for him. Now you're probably asking "well how does she know your names?". I have no clue she must have heard of say them a lot.

I told him of my incidents as well. We still called her Sarah at this point so when something would happen we would joke and blame her. For this New Year (2008) a church hired me to come and work lights for a religious hearing at the school until about 1 a.m. I agreed. Now I'm not religious, but the church pays pretty good. I was the only one in the booth reading my book. Someone would occasionally come in and check the camera. As I'm reading I see a dark shadow move out of the corner of my eye. It was so fast I thought nothing of it until I saw it again. This time it was bigger and a little slower. I thought it was someone checking the camera but then I thought "well I didn't hear the door open and the other door is locked..." That kind of freaked me out for a moment but I just said "Hey Carrie (yes I started calling her Carrie at this point...I'm still not sure why) don't scare me like that we can talk again some other time."

Skip ahead a few days.

I was in algebra class and I had just watched a show about mediums the night before and I figured hey let's try it. So I closed my eyes and thought "hey if there's anyone here let me know" over and over again. Then I felt my left side get really cold and the girl next to me noticed it too. Later that day I was in the light booth and I decided to have some fun. I closed my eyes and said "If there's anyone here make a noise". Nothing happened so I said "Well ok then, take your time". About two minutes later I heard a knock on the wall. I said "Do it again", and it did it again. So by this time I'm amazed and I say "make a different noise". Then a scratching sound comes from the walls which kind of freaked me out so I said "alright I'm going to do some mic checks down there if you want to talk let me know". As soon as I get down there the lights on stage flicker, so I go to the booth and the board had been messed with. Now your thinking well someone messed with it. No way because I went out the only unlocked door and no one could've climbed through the window then back out in under a minute without anyone seeing them.

I've come to the point where I talk to Carrie when I'm in the booth. Don't get me wrong nothing bad has happened, I think she keeps Steve and I company when we are in the booth.

Other hauntings by zack1392

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zack1392, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bluerosesmeansdreams (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
It's a lot of activity I must say!:D But please be causious! Even though she might not seem bad, and just seems to want to "hang out", there exist spirits, that feed on human energy. Either that, or the response, and comunication she provides may mean she needs help! The spirits of the dead only lingers, if there are unfinished business, or feelings left behind. Like some of the others suggests you should find some history of the Auditorium, and be causious if you ever feel depraved of something after an encounter with Sarah/Carrie! Good luck:)
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
That's a very interesting story.
I once did the sound booth too at my high school (Bleckley co. High). And the funny thing was... I spent a lot of time in that auditorium. A LOT. I was in chorus royal singers drama and one act. A lot on my plate, but spent most of my time there. I've always felt uncomfortable like I'm being watched in there. And a strange feeling of sadness and a sort of excitement at times. Very strange.
But one day after shutting down the booth...
Well, I come to school the next day and there had been a FIRE there. In the auditorium. In the sound booth.
Source unknown.
Weird.
❤ -Vannarra
SapphireWings (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Woah, weird story! 😲
I liked it. 😊 I think it's really cool how you stay calm in such freaky situations. Thanks for sharing.

Love, SapphireWings ❤
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
It's nice that it's not an evil ghost. She just wants to communicate, that's really nice.
And you guys are brave enough to even be calm about the situation.

Good luck and I hope the spirit isn't an evil one.
Volleyballplayer5824 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
That's freaky... My friend and I were doing things like I if there's a ghost in here do somthing and it worked. She took pictures with her cell phone and I recorded sounds with my phone... 😨
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
That's cool. It really makes you a different person when you experince the paranormal, doesn't it? 😳
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Cool story, Zack. Can you maybe get some pictures of the booth when she's there and see what turns up?

Also, good that you're a "techie..." Those skills might help you get a job someday. Keep it up!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Thank You for sharing your story.

It sounds to me as if you are being visited by an entity of some sort, I have heard of many auditoriums with some such paranormal activity. Perhaps the entity was there and esperienced a lot pf pleasure and joy in their life time ther and so chooses not to leave.

It sounds pretty benign, simply wants you to be aware of the precesenc. The only thing that concerns me is that it followed you to the church. That is interesting, unless there are 2 seperate entities.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
That sounds very creepy. Good thing that it isn't doing anything bad. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
zack1392 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
thanks haha
btw weird update for today
alot of occurences today for some reason
my friends and I were in the back room cleaning when the raido turned on.
we plugged it in earlier but turned it down all the way so we could talk.
then on stage I thought I saw a black shape move in the corner of my eye but nothing was there.
i heard the door close but there was noone.
now the weirdest one... We were sitting in the back talking when we hard what sounded like something being dragged across the stage floor so I checked it out. Nothing at all
the people with me where "steve" and our other friend the other friend doesn't believe in that stuff but was freaked by the dragging noise
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hi Zack,
Auditoriums are great places in which to hear and see many unexplained things. Just the acoustics of the place make them perfect. Most auditoriums are also used for staged performances which bring in all types of actors, after all, they come from all walks of life and classes.
I have never actually heard of anyone telling a being to make a noise and then the entity making a noise. It almost sounds as if either you or she was playing a game. Then for her to continue as you moved about the rooms, that is almost unthinkable!
I do not think I would want to work in an auditorium/theatre that had a ghost named Carrie though, maybe it is just me, but I do not think I would like to be reminded of the Carrie of the movie scene!
Thank you for the action packed story.
bbyguhrlx3 (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
wow that's a good story.
did you ever tried asking your teacher on what might have happened in there years way back? You might learn more and you might even find out about " Carrie ".
jeann (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
yeah, your guess makes some sense... But anyway, I think the ghost does not mean any harm, and just wants to keep you company, as you said so.
zack1392 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
i have a pretty good guess.
the year before I came they just finished renovations on the auditoruim
couldve stired up something
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
That's a really good story. You should do some research on the background of this school to find out if there was any incidents that heve happened involving death. I guess you would of been freaked out the first time you heard your name being called. Anyways, great story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: