You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Benevolent Dungeons And Dragons Loving Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Benevolent Dungeons And Dragons Loving Ghost

 

Just a little disclaimer, I have a very active imagination. Which is why I'm posting this, to get an outsider's perspective.

My mother and I are avid believers in the paranormal and she believes I have clairsentience. According to my mom, "clairvoyance" or similar things run in the family. My aunt claims to see ghosts but I never put much stock in it for obvious reasons. Anyway, for a while now, I've been sensing a presence in my bedroom. It started out extremely distant (for lack of a better word) but as time progressed I started to notice it more. About two months ago I cut a picture of a statue of Apollo from a magazine and put it in a corner of my room. Since then the feeling of being with someone has multiplied 2x. I suspect giving the "spirit" or whatever, a face has allowed it to show itself more? If that makes sense? I don't know a ton about this kind of stuff.

One time, I had a head cold and was lying in bed. No windows were open and the air conditioning was off. My door was wide open and I wanted it closed but didn't want to get out of bed. I groaned and turned toward the wall. Suddenly I heard the door slam shut. At this point I'd gotten used to feeling the presence. So I whisper-asked if it was them. This part is hard to explain and I you could chalk it up to my imagination, but I like, "mentally" heard a yes? So? I asked my family if they had closed my door afterwards and all of them said it wasn't.

Another time, I woke up to find my DnD dice lined up perfectly on my bedside table, when I had left them scattered on the floor. Again, I asked my family if they'd organized my dice and they said no. I thought that was a little strange.

From what I can tell, I don't think it's a malevolent spirit. Actually, when I feel it's presence it usually perks me up. Again, I have an overactive imagination and I may just be imagining this. But please give me your thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pinkthunder, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-14)
I think the spirit is trying to make you feel his presence. I agree with you it's not malevolent.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-09)
Me thinks this is a young teen, whom may be a bit sensitive, going through puberty, and experiencing Poltergeist Activity which 'they' are generating themselves.

I remember D&D when it was first released as booklets that came in 4x8 (5x9?) boxes... The larger books were released sometime later.

It's a good game to 'escape' from the real world for an hour or three, IF you have a good DM.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-07)
I've noticed that pinkthunder won't be answering our comments. Pity, as I do have a few questions too. Oh well, guess we can talk among ourselves for a bit...😁

I know, let's talk about D&D! The role-playing game's about 40 years old now. It's been ages but from memory, my character was some kind of Good Sorcerer. Didn't stick with that gaming group very long though, our DM (Dungeon Master) morphed into a petty tyrant, which pretty much killed my interest.

Pinkthunder, if you're still reading this, a suggestion that has been given to others is to keep a journal of the visitations. Note down the date, time, place, your mood, state of health or anything of relevance to the experience. It may help you detect a pattern so you can determine if the presence in your room is friendly (or not) - or simply your imagination. Do take care. 😊
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-06)
Pink thunder, I gotta say that I am completely confused about Your story. I feel like we are missing way too much information to really know what's going on indefinitely. But it does sound like You may have a spirit in Your room or house at most. Have you ever asked Your Aunt if she has noticed anything?
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-06)
Lady-glow, No it's a game where you create Your own character on paper and there are stats you have to roll for. Health, strength, stealth etc and You can make your character any race that's in the manual.

There's a lot to choose from you can be a barbarian, elf, orc, warlock all sorts of stuff. And then You can get special abilities and weaponry mind You it's all written down on paper or in my case I type it all out on my laptop. Then You have to write a back story for the character.

And then everyone is given a list of supplies and weapons for the character for when it comes time to battle monsters during the story that the DM (dungeon master) is telling.

So basically it's a game you play with pen and paper and imagination it's a lot of fun.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-06)
Valkricry: thanks. Is it a board game? I don't like board games. 😕
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-10-06)
"Dungeons and Dragons" is the full name of the game the "DnD dice" are used to play. 😉
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-05)
Huh...what's up with the tittle? There're no dragons in this story. 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: