You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Blinding Light In The Rain

Real Ghost Stories

Blinding Light In The Rain

 

I live in a very peaceful and quiet neighborhood in the rainy state of Oregon. I've never really been a fan of ghost stories, but I feel that my experience is worth telling.

It was a rainy night, around 8 PM and I could hear the rain furiously pounding on the roof of my house. It was a nice sound. The rain was coming down very hard, and it was freezing cold outside, so I didn't dare open the door and let the ice cold air in.

I proceeded to sit down in my chair and tap away at my phone for the next half hour, occasionally taking breaks, which is when I'd look outside.

But just as I started playing Clash Royale, I felt a warmth on the back of my neck, so out of instinct I turned around. There was something outside, and it was shining brightly. It gave off a warmth, and I could feel my skin slowly heat up. At first, I thought one of my neighbors was outside with a flashlight or something. But there was no way that could be true. The light was almost blinding. No flashlight could produce light like that.

After about a minute, the light faded and all I saw was the rain pouring onto houses and yards. I thought I may have been dreaming, or seeing things, but to this day I still see the light almost every time it rains hard.

This all started about a year ago, and I keep asking my neighbors about it, but they always say they didn't see a bright light.

I don't know what it is, but I believe anything is possible. Perhaps it's a ghost, or perhaps it's not. If anyone can help me in the comments, I'd appreciate it, because I'm genuinely scared that this hasn't stopped after an entire year.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lighk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lighk (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-26)
Hey Maelstrom,
Thank you for reminding me- I should update this, a lot has happened in the last few months.
Maelstrom (23 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-03)
Have you thought of investigating the light? When it happens, look for the source.
Lighk (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-25)
Hey Anno_Domini,
I don't think that's possible, since after the light disappears there's nobody, and nothing in its place.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-25)
Could someone have ben testing an LED floodlight? Perhaps that's a possibility you saw someone testing an LED floodlitght'?
Lighk (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-23)
Hey Babygoatpuller,
Other than the warmth, there's nothing that I can feel from the light. It doesn't make any noise, or have much effect on the eyes other than a little pain from the brightness.
I'll probably take your suggestion and see a physician, because I don't want this to keep happening. Thanks for commenting.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-23)
Lighk-
Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing. It's weird how this only happens when it rains hard. I'm wondering if you aren't having some type of seizure. You said you feel warmth on the back of your neck and you could feel yourself warming up.

Do you remember what happens during the minute that your seeing the blinding light? Do you feel anything else, other than the warming sensation?

You may want to discuss this with your physician and see if their might be an underlying cause for it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: