You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Mistakes Were Made

Real Ghost Stories

Mistakes Were Made

 

Recently I went to visit a friend (let's just call her Liz) in her new (ish) house. She'd told me stories about how she's always creeped out when she's home alone, how she's certain someone was watching her, occasionally she'd see the shadow of someone walking down her hallway, rattling of cupboards and chairs, the whole works. I figured she was joking around to scare me.

As it turns out, she wasn't.

I stayed with her for about a week. Day one was pretty tame. I did hear knocking on the walls, I did hear rattling, but I passed that off as her messing with me or her cat running around.

Day two was about the same, the only difference is that the TV turned on when nobody was in the room.

Day three, four, and five were odd, to say the least. We spent most of the week out of the house, a lot of it we spent at a local library, the downtown coffee shop, walking around, meeting new friends, wherever we felt like going at that particular moment. Her parent's were working most of the day and they'd be home about an hour before we'd normally get home. Once when we walked in the little rack for coats and hats came crashing down. Coincidence? I want to believe so. Occasionally I'd see a shadow where there shouldn't be a shadow. Little things like that. Not too serious, but weird enough to get me thinking.

Day six and seven though, that was literal hell.

Liz's friends had popped over for a few hours, and they decided that the only way to get to the bottom of this was through an Ouija board session. Keep in mind I am 100% against Ouija boards. Liz, on the other hand, was against it at first but decided 10 minutes wouldn't too bad. It was way longer than ten minutes.

So, the two friends and Liz decided they'd play. I backed out. No way am I touching that board. For the record, one went out and bought a board from the local Toys R Us store. They lit some candles, turned off all the lights, and started asking basic questions (while I sat on the bed under the covers with their cat Rosewood). It took them a few minutes to get some sort of response.

I don't remember all the questions. I remember about 4. What's your name, which was answered with "Charlie." Why are you here, got an answer of "My home." Are you a good spirit, answered with "no." Will you please leave willingly, answered with "no." Then it got bad. Friend 1 said, "a$$hole, this ain't your home anymore get the f*ck out." Friend 2 said about the same thing. Liz started freaking out, I'm freaking out because you NEVER insult a ghost. The planchette started doing a figure 8, and the room got ridiculously cold. By then Liz had demanded they ended the session, and they did. We promptly burned the board. It may not have been the right thing to do, and it wasn't, but at the time we were in a panicked state and had no idea what to do. The rest of the day and into the night was pretty tame.

Last day, the day I was leaving, the Ouija board showed back up. On her front doorstep. We discovered it when I was just leaving to drive back home (I'm 16 and I recently got my license). Bit of a freakout. Long story short, I took the Ouija board and it's now sitting in my closet. I have no idea what to do with it, but seeing as I didn't play the game I think I'm okay? At least, I hope I am. Either way, mistakes were made.

Other hauntings by NightlyEclipse

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightlyEclipse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
NightlyEclipse - Don't take all the comments made as negative criticism. Unfortunately a lot of teenagers (and not only teenagers mind you) do tend to publish fabricated stories.

I have had supernatural encounters since childhood and I understand what you mean when you say people don't believe you because you are a teenager and your word doesn't count for much. Believe me, your word does count!

Remember you don't have much life experience yet, in any field, so accept the advice you get here from members who do have a lot of paranormal and general life experience. They will never give you bad advice.

I'm sorry if I sound like a preaching granny but I don't want you to feel that anybody is picking on you and disbelieving your experiences. Chalk it all up to the learning curve of life.

I don't think we ever complete that curve while we're on earth but we do gain experience ❤

Regards, Melda
NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-27)
Hey Rook. Yeah, it doesn't make sense but if they're going to use it I'd rather they not use it as a way to prank me. It sounds dumb, I know.

Yeah, the Ouija thing seems unbelievable honestly I'd rather prefer it wasn't true. Someone suggested that whatever was in my house was using the board as a way to spook me. It worked, that's for sure. The session was closed, I don't think anything else is attached if anything I feel like whatever was attached to the necklace I brought home is responsible for this. I know I'm just a teenager, and my word won't count as much, but I do believe in telling the truth.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-26)
"Don't do it...! Please don't do it...! I told you NOT TO DO IT...! But, this is the right way to do it." 😕

Does it make sense? 😜
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-26)
I'd still like to give the benefit of the doubt. I do so hate to be...disappointed. Please don't waste goodwill - there's precious little of it to go round in this world.

(Should the Bus be on its way, then Fruity Tanglin will bring along a batch of freshly-fried 'pot-stickers' and her special dipping sauce).
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-26)
I find it very curious that an individual who wanted NOTHING to do with using a Ouija Board (1: "Keep in mind I am 100% against Ouija boards." 2: "I backed out. No way am I touching that board." 3: "Keep in mind I was 100% against it from the start.") had the presence of mind to request those using it do this...

"Yes, it did occur to me that they might be faking it during the first few questions. That's why I made them move their fingers on the planchette while it was moving."

(Just saying... Just wondering...Puff)

Be that as it may, IF contact was truly made then I must agree... That the Contacted Spirit took an opportunity to scare a roomful of individuals.

You mention the session was closed, this is good, however has there been any escalation of activity at your friends house OR has there been any at your house that seems to be related to the Board being there?

Cleansings/Shielding's are good ANYTIME... So I will not hurt to preform either or both... I would suggest that it not be done ONLY at your house, but your friends home as well. Not to mention the homes of anyone who was there that night, never hurts to be too cautious.

Respectfully,

Rook
NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-23)
Hi [at] MysteryResearch

Yes, it did occur to me that they might be faking it during the first few questions. That's why I made them move their fingers on the planchette while it was moving. Basically, when the planchette started moving they had to raise up one finger and keep the other one down and alternate while it was moving. That way they didn't take their hand off the board but their fingers were light enough that they couldn't move it without making it obvious. As for buying a second board, those three had to pool money to make enough to buy one board. I doubt there was enough for two. They wouldn't have run home to grab some more money because the drive to the store is 10 minutes tops. 10 minutes there, 10 minutes back, and probably 10 minutes spent finding and buying that board. They lived about an hour out of town. I highly doubt they bought two, but there's always a possibility.
MysteryResearch (23 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-22)
Hi NightlyEclipse,

I agree with the other posters about getting rid of the board, however you choose to do it. I personally don't think there's a wrong way. You mentioned in your comments that you're already planning on getting your house cleansed.

The thought did occur that one of your friend's friends might have been moving the planchette, and might have left another board, as a prank. Did these friends have the disposable income that they might have bought a second board as a (not funny) joke?

Take care,
MysteryResearch
NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-22)
[at] lady-glow It was, and they didn't unfortunately. I quite like those donuts as well. Liz mostly experiences them when she's home alone. Her parent's don't believe in ghosts, so even if it got really bad I doubt anything would be done. Yeah, it was a pretty stupid idea. Keep in mind I was 100% against it from the start. As for Liz's parents and the OB? Mom was irritated, dad just shrugged and said that we did it for laughs. The only reason I have it at home is that Liz absolutely refused to have it in her house again, and I figured I could find a safe way to get rid of it. Was it stupid? Definitely. Really not one of my brighter moments. And yes, this did happen after the necklace incident. I'm hoping to get the house cleansed next week.

[at] Jubeele I'll try that. Thank you very much!

[at] Sushantkar Fair enough, no offense taken. I know they weren't that bad, but to me it seemed to continuously pile up, making it pretty spooky to me.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-21)
Hi NightlyEclipse, I also felt a little concerned when you made a comment about the OB in your closet ("Childhood Ghosts"). It's just as well you didn't participate in the OB session, but it's not good that you're now saddled with the responsibility of safely discarding it.

About 'boomerang' OBs, one theory is that it could be a poltergeist playing tricks on you, moving things around. If Liz and the others are all in their teens like you, that could have attracted a form of poltergeist activity. It might also explain the objects playing 'hide-n-seek' at your home.

"...it does not mean you have a possessed board. It means you have a spirit around you who found a prime opportunity to spook you. The best way to deal with this is to announce out loud that, hey, the board has to go..."
Http://theouijagirl.tumblr.com/post/101568727920/how-to-properly-dispose-of-your-ouija-board

A thorough cleansing ritual as suggested by lady-glow - before and after - is an excellent precaution. Plus a regular maintenance regime for good measure!

So be Safe and take Care. 😘
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-21)
Was "the downtown coffee shop" a Tim Horton's? If they serve sour cream plain donuts you have to let me know their location... It's so hard to find a shop that sells my favorite kind of donuts!

About your story, it is not clear to me if Liz only experiences these disturbances when she is home alone or if her whole family have witnessed those events and if so, what have they done about it?
What did Liz's parents say when you girls were having the OB session?
It was very irresponsible, ignorant and disrespectful to try to make contact with the spirit risking to open a door for something really sinister. And it's hard to believe that anyone would take such a OB home after all it did! That says STUPID with double capitals.

When did this happen? Did it happen before or after you bought the necklace from the thrift shop in your previous story?

My advice: get rid of the OB and cleanse your house with rook's method or any other ritual according to your personal beliefs.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-21)
Ok...I am getting this... Another teenage story. Few teens gathered and started doing some act they called planchette and suddenly they solve all the mistiries which was long holded... Is this all that simple.
Nightly, your day 2,3,4 as per you were odd but it seems to me more normal then your entire stay.
I am not denying your experience but performing planchette and playing with Ouija board (without any supervision) highly or unlikely is very dangerous and it is not that simple as well.
No offense ment.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: