You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Childhood Demon

Real Ghost Stories

My Childhood Demon

 

My name is India Garmon and I've had the same reoccurring dream since I was about eight years old I am 21 now. When I was younger it used to chase me around my grandfathers yard, now keep in mind that the land we lived on was owned by former slave owners... When I became about 12 it started to get worse it would only happen every once in awhile and when it did I could see my body get up, move into my kitchen or the front door of our own house, just to come upon a loud laughing noise like whatever had been after me all these years knew I was terrified.

When I would wake up I couldn't move, scream nothing I would just lay there in the worst fear of my life until I finally got the nerve to move my hand and yell to my mother. The worst part is sometimes I would think I was awake and scream for her and nothing would come out of my mouth and he would just laugh at me. Every time this would happen no matter where I was I would go to my mother it seemed as if every time I was with her the demon would never come back. It seems as if the only time it comes to me is when I'm really stressed out, vulnerable, or really sick like it knows then that I can't do anything to stop it.

I've tried everything praying, singing and sometimes it will help, but like the people who experience know that to even achieve this task is extremely difficult.

I just had another encounter last night, but I didn't get as scared for some reason this time because a very close friend of mine had told me about sleep paralysis so this time when it started (that loud ringing noise in my ear) I knew what was coming, but it stopped because this time I was curious. I just decided about an hour ago to look up what this was I ran across this page for a reason I thought I was the only one that saw them or could hear the loud laughs, or even the ringing noises in my ear preparing me for what was going to happen.

I'm so happy I am not alone, but it seems the older I get the worse it gets, my childhood chaser decided since I learn ways to get out of its grasp, it wants to choke me. I don't know what to do I can't move, but the mind is a powerful thing and I will fight and figure this out. I know some one that is way more powerful then this childhood demon my LORD and SAVIOR. keep me in your prayers as I will keep you in mine God Bless

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, indeesoccer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

real2all1 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
Hello indeesoccer
Well it has been my personal experience dealing with these type of entities is extremely hard to do... Childhood is to be a fun time not a time when your continuously terrified. Like prey in a spiders web. You soon find your self not being able to move. Demons are not spirits they are far worse. They don't care about anything. Love, life, happiness etc... They are the corruptors. They exist to bring more and more into the fold of there exsitence... Seeing how this has been going on for so many years It leads me to wonder what this entity really wants. What changes in your life has occured? Has this been a constant thing for the past 12 years. Possesion is usually what these "things" want most... Able to move in the physical world being un challanged etc... Hiding in plain sight... Causing there chaos when and where "they" see a need. Prizes, That is what we are to them and the more they collect the stronger they become... Write more...
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Interesting situation, India. Can you please provide some more details? Thanks.

PS. I love good southern names like "India!"
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
You have received many helpful and powerful suggestions from the other readers at YGS, I would like to just add my so called 2 cents.

Try burning the lavender when retiring for the night, it is very soothing and relaxing. Also, I know you stated you pray when it hits, try praying before going to sleep. As you are saying your prayers, include in them that you wish for this dream and the feelings that accompany this dream to not occur in the name of the Lord. Try hanging at least one cross in your room, preferably above the bed, place a Bible near to your bed at night. If you do not pray aloud, read from the Bible aloud at night, always praying for the dream not to visit you.

I think if you accomapny these items along with the other things you are trying to ward off (or work with) the sleep paralysis, you will find that you have many more restful evenings ahead.

Keep us posted.

God Bless! 😁
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Hey. This horrible thing that is messing with you~I hate it. I want this to go away for you. 'It' has an energy. Imagine it's energy. Imagine it any way you see fit~A blazing ball, an electric orb, just visualize it's energy. This energy can be terminated. Squeeze the life out of it! One thing about this... You know you have this with you. Therefore, it's up to you to rid of it. Imagine yourself as closing your self into your energy only. Close off the world around you, just be at one with yourself. See this energy that haunts you outside you-it can't get in-you won't let it and The Lord is within you too- you can terminate this. I hope this doesn't bumfuzzle you. Keep us posted. I am praying for you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Hi India.
Could you please describe your first paragraph in detail? I am having problems deciphering it. Did a Being chase you about the yard?
I do think you are experiencing Sleep Paralysis, perhaps you should look up some of the other stories on here about that. There are a variety of symptoms and it seems as if stress is its catalyst. I think the name of the story with all the research outlined in it is Attacked by a Ghost.
I am so glad you happened upon this site. There are some very knowledgeable people here who are in the practice of trying to help people.
I know you have used the word demon in this story, but I think you do not have, nor did you have a demon around you. The experience of SP may feel very frightening, but I do not think a demon is present in your life.
Try reading a book before bed that really does not grab your attention, maybe light a lavender incense just to calm you (plus it really smells good), and keep giving it that positive attitude that you seem to have.
Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Hi indeesoccer. I'm glad you happened upon this site. We all have our experiences, we're all believers and we're all willing to listen any time you want to share with us. You're not alone. Keep up the positive attitude, it helps.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Hello indeesoccer. It seems to me that you already know that you suffer from Sleep Paralysis. While it is very frightening you are not in any danger. I suffered with it for years, from my early teens to my mid thirties. You may think it is caused by the paranormal, I use to, but it`s more of a physcial/medical condition. Treat your mind by whatever means you have at hand to reduce your fear, stress and tension and you should get the upper hand on it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
vanessa (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
hi I reed your storie maybe I can help you first of all pray the virgin lady she got the power to replace that thing for something else it worked for me... And in your head built a wall 4 walls around you very strong walls very high so strong that nothing can pass throught it you have to do it many times me it took months until it worked

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: