You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Were You Really Absent?

Real Ghost Stories

Were You Really Absent?

 

I have been reading stories from this site for a while now since I just transferred to night shift. And such stories keep me awake at night while working LOL.

Anyways, this story happened when I was just in 2nd year or 3rd year high school (if I am not mistaken that was around 2005 or 2006). We were not in a K-12 curriculum yet that time. I studied in a Science High School somewhere in NCR (National Capital Region).

One day, I forgot to bring my packed lunch so my father brought it to the school during lunch break. Since outsiders are not allowed to enter school premises and students were not allowed to go outside also, I just went to see papa at the gate to get my lunch. I was with my classmate Jane (not her real name) who will get her lunch also. Jane and I saw Joe (not his real name) near guard house as if waiting for someone or something also. By the way, it was a practice that while waiting for our lunch meal brought by our parents or anyone, we can stay at the guard house near the main gate of the school. So we concluded that he was also waiting for his lunch.

Joe was our classmate in our Elective subject. He was from the the other section but we became friends since he's bubbly and really friendly.

Going back, Jane and I saw him. We greeted him and he just nodded. After Jane and I got our lunch, we went back to our classroom, that's where we usually eat since during breaktime, canteen's overloaded with students and teachers eating.

The next day, during our Elective subject, I talked to Joe while waiting for our teacher. He said that he was still not feeling well. He had fever for 2 days and he just came to school that day because of scheduled long quiz we had. And I was like, "WHAT!?" I told him, (paraphrased) "Were you really absent yesterday? Jane and I saw you at the guard house yesterday waiting for your lunch." He answered, "How come? I was down with fever for 2 days and I just slept the whole day yesterday."

So, okay. That was not really creepy. I can't remember being scared when I knew that he was actually absent the day we saw him. I just let it pass. But, I can't forget that. I don't have any other first hand experiences aside from this one.

So, yeah. Thanks for reading:)

Other hauntings by majarlika012

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, majarlika012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-27)
[at] Randy Hahaha. At least you were able to prove them that you were indeed sick that day. LOL.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-26)
majarlike

At the time it was really frustrating. I had never heard of a doppelganger or any such thing.
I know I could not convince this teacher it wasn't me. I thought she was out to get me or something.
Its the same as being accused of something you know you didn't do.

Have a good day
Randy
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-26)
[at] Randy: Oooohhh! How does it feel having someone who look like you and there were witnesses that they saw you, well in fact you're in a different location? 😕 I forgot to ask my classmate so I am asking you hehehe
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-25)
Hello Majarlika

I too had a similar experience in high school
I was rarely sick but had to stay home one day with a bad virus

When I returned the next day I got into an argument with my algebra teacher
She wasn't going to let me do makeup work because she absolutely swore she saw me the day before in the hall not 10 feet from her and thought I skipped the class
Only after physically walking with me to the office and verifying with them that my mother had phoned me in sick did she change her mind. She was really convinced she had seen me the day before

Strange world we live in

Randy
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-25)
I agree with ladyglow. That fascinates me so... I do believe it had to do with his fever also.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-24)
I have heard other scary stories from that school before. I may share them here soon;)
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-23)
Thanks for sharing this story I really liked maybe it could of been his doppelganger I think if he would of had an out of body experience he could remember that or maybe even as a dream if he didn't know it was happening in real life. I know there are many things we simply cannot explain and we can either be lucky to experience them or not so.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-23)
You think so? Hmmm. Maybe. I was wondering if there were other students who saw him.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-22)
Hi majarlika: interesting experience. My guess is that Joe had an astral projection or out of body experience during the time of his fever and what you saw was his spirit.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: