You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Lady Never Left The House

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady Never Left The House

 

My sister Sandy was pregnant with their first baby and for that reason she and her hubby decided to move from their small apartment.

They purchased their first home, a modest three bedroom house.

Shortly after they moved in they made some renovations. A wall between the living room and dining room was removed and a "concertina door" was added to their new open-plan living room. The concertina door is made of a very strong material. A very hard push or kick against the door will cause it to move 'slightly'.

Their baby girl was born a few months later. All appeared fine in the home. The neighbours were friendly and nobody mentioned anything strange about Sandys house.

The one neighbour's dog used to jump the wall into their property, push the dirtbin over and scrounge for any leftover food. Sandy would have to clean up afterwards and did not appreciate this dog being such a nuisance, but decided not to complain to its owners.

Early one morning after her hubby left for work, Sandy locked the door and went back to bed. Their six month old daughter was asleep in her cot in her own room. About an hour later Sandy was awoken by what sounded like a dirtbin falling over.

Sandy walked into the kitchen and looked out the window. The dirtbin outside had not been pushed over and there was no sign of the neighbours dog. But the small bin in the kitchen was lying on the floor and the contents spilled all over the place. This was very strange as all windows and doors were tightly shut.

Still sleepy, she turned to go back to bed as the domestic was due to arrive in a short while. The domestic worker would see to the cleaning up in the kitchen.

On her way back to bed, Sandy passed the concertina door. Suddenly 'something' started kicking viciously from the other side of this door, causing Sandy to flee to her daughters bedroom. Holding the door slightly ajar, she peeped down the passage, not knowing what was going to come at her.

Luck was on her side. My fathers car pulled up in the driveway and Sandy (still in her pjs) grabbed her baby, left the house and drove with my dad back to my parents house down the road.

My parents agreed... Her house was haunted. After a very strong cup of coffee Sandy returned with her baby. The domestic assured her that she never noticed anything strange in the house.

Sandys hubby was convinced that she had fallen asleep and had a nightmare. That was until a week later when he saw a small ball of fire hovering a few inches above the ground in the living room. He was frightened out of his wits!

The search was on. One of the neighbours finally told them that a lady (a previous owner) had an extra marital affair. When her husband found out she took her own life in the living room.

My brother slept over on one occasion. He told of his blankets being constantly pulled by some 'force' and he could hear the distinct sound of breathing close to his face.

They were relieved when the house was finally sold to people who didn't stay long either.

Hope you ejoyed my story. 😊

Other hauntings by Meldel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Meldel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-14)
That poor woman. 🤔 It would be nice if someone could help her move on to the other side. I would have been frightened and ready to move! I think owners should be liable when selling haunted houses. I hope your sister and family is okay now. ❤ Thank you for sharing your story.
roylynx (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-13)
Meldel, Ah... So the energy there is still quite strong then, now that's reasonable.
Very interesting!

E.Lynx
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
Hi roylynx.
Background of the story: The teenager son came home after school one day to find his mother had committed suicide in the living room of their house. His father found out that his mother was having an affair. The father wanted a divorce and the mother couldn't handle that so she took her own life. The house was then sold to unsuspecting buyers who were awakened by the ghost of the woman during nights. They couldn't find peace in the house and sold it to my sister without warning her of their reason for selling the house. My sister continuously experienced various strange occurrences in the house so she and her husband also sold the house. I feel sorry for whoever stays there now.
roylynx (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Hmm... So is there any historical evidence? Like background of the house, people or neighbors around, death, things like that.

E.Lynx
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Hi Fergie.
I recall reading about your uncle's experience. Spooky! 😨
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Hi roylynx.
The strange haunting began shortly after the renovations were completed. It carried on until they sold up a few years later.
roylynx (guest)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-07)
Wow! What a house!
I am so glad that your family is safe.
How long ago did the haunting begun? I am a little curious.

E.Lynx
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-07)
Hi Meldel,

It isn't the first time that I have heard of 'someone' pulling blankets off someone as they sleep. My uncle had a similar experience while sleeping at a farm house in the Karoo. I am sure I wrote about his experience.

I have read many accounts of spirits being 'disturbed' during renovations. Scary!

Hope all is well with Sandy and her husband now.
Thanks for sharing.
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
Hi Jubeele,
Yes I agree with you. The change in decor was not what the lady wanted and her way of getting attention was to knock over the dirtbin. Scary!
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
Hi Meldel, someone certainly didn't like that concertina door! Maybe the lady wanted the decor back the way it was. I wonder if the renovations disturbed her and she became more "active" as a result. She probably knocked over the kitchen dirtbin to get some attention. Hopefully someone will be able to cleanse that house and help her move on.

Thanks for sharing Sandy's experience. I hope your sister and her family are safe and happy in their current home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: