You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Night He Went Away

Real Ghost Stories

The Night He Went Away

 

This isn't a creepy story. But I want to share it anyway.

My younger brother died in 2011. He was just 12 years old that time. He died due to severe pneumonia 5 days before his grade school graduation. He was confined in the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) for 6 days before he went home to heaven. I will share to you his last days first.

March 13 - he first had his seizure. At around 1am, mama woke me up, panicking. I told her to bring him to the hospital. Papa was not around that time. I forgot why. Together with my aunt, who lives beside our house, they brought my brother to the hospital. I was left at home to look after my other siblings. By the way, I am the eldest. After a few hours they went home. My brother was fine, seemed nothing happened.

March 15 - another seizure. That time papa and mama were the one who brought him to the hospital. Again, after a few hours they came back as if nothing happened.

March 17 - another seizure. This time I went with papa. We brought him to the hospital at 3am, then he was brought to PICU. At 5am I went home to prepare because I still have classes.

On March 23, before I went to school, I dropped by the hospital to bring food to my sister who was then assigned to stay with my brother. My brother was crying. He said that he was really scared because he can see things we were not seeing. Example, his nurse's head rotating, faces in the window curtains, etc. I told him to pray and read the bible I brought him. He didn't want me to go yet but since I have classes, I left him with my sister.

In the afternoon, papa phoned me to bring my younger sister because the doctor already told them to prepare for whatever will happen. I knew what he meant.

A few hours before he died, our family together, with some of our family friends, gathered in the hospital. The doctor told us that anytime he can leave us. We were all crying and praying. Hoping that we're just dreaming.

He had flat line twice or thrice, blood pressure dropped to 60/30. I keep on praying. I even asked God to spare my brother. I have read a verse in the bible and I held onto it. It says that the Israelites will be brought out of Egypt to the promise land. I thought it meant that God will bring my brother back his health. But then, it meant otherwise. God meant that He will bring my brother out of pain and bring him to heaven.

Back to the story. At 7:08pm, the doctor declared him dead. During that time, we were all crying and weeping. But, in the midst of mourning for my late brother, that time, there was a scent, a sweet scent of a flower. It just passed by. Like it only lasted for 5 secs. Our bible study leader who was with us that time told us that when the doctor declared the death of my brother, the heaven opened and welcomed him.

With that, it was amazing that we all felt comfort. In addition, when I was searching for a bible verse to include in his picture, I said, "Kuya, help me find a verse. I don't know what to include in your picture." And voila, it was as if he helped me find a verse. I got John 14:27, (Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.)

With that, I know he is now in a happy and better place. With no sickness, no pains, no hurts. He is with God.

Other hauntings by majarlika012

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, majarlika012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-08)
[at] sheetal and [at] aisyah1987: thanks for your comments. We are okay now. We believe that we will see each other soon in heaven when the time comes:)
aisyah1987 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-03)
I pray the best for your family and you for being so strong during these hard times. Such a heartbreaking story... ❤
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-03)
Hello dear, Your story brought tears to my eyes. Yes He must be in a safe place now.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-29)
[at] Sid926 thanks 😁 stories about family is always close to our hearts ❤
Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-29)
Hey majarlika012 I really loved reading your story. Heart touching 😊 ❤.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
[at] sushantkar it was a question to us why the doctors did not diagnosed it earlier. But his pediatrician explained to us that there are pneumonias that do not show symptoms. He was not even coughing. It was detected when it was already severe.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
Thank you for your comments. Yes, I know there is no coincidence when it comes to God. One way or another, He speaks to us. Though my family sometimes has what ifs (what if we are still complete? What if my brother is still with us?) We all know that He is in a better place now. We always have him in our hearts. He will always be our angel.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
Hi majarlika012, I'm so sorry for your loss. The passing of a loved one is always so, so difficult.

The night my father passed away, I dreamed he came into the room and smiled at me. I like to think that his spirit came to comfort me and say goodbye. That sweet flower scent could be the spirit of your brother passing through to give his farewell to you.

As for that amazingly comforting Bible verse, I agree with Melda that it's most likely not a coincidence. Be at peace.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
majarlika012 - This is a very touching story and I offer my sincere condolences.

I hope that in the years since the passing of your brother you have managed to cope with the empty space in your life. His special place in your heart will always be filled, as it should be.

The fragrant scent was probably left by your brother or perhaps a passed loved one who accompanied him on his way. I like to believe that there are loved ones waiting to guide us to the other side.

Your brother's confusion before his death was perhaps due to hallucinations caused by lack of oxygen to the brain. I experienced these hallucinations as well after my lungs collapsed. I am not saying that this is definitely what happened to him but I doubt whether that was anything paranormal. I know that you are not claiming it to be.

Is it coincidence that you happened to open your bible at that specific verse? I don't know but I'm not a great believer in coincidence.

Regards, Melda
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
My confidence for the loss of your brother. But I was surprise to read that when he was sufferring from sevear pneumonia and if it was diagnosed earlier then why the hospital didn't admit him and do proper treatment?
Obviously death end all the sufferring and I truely believe that he is in better place now.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: