You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Night Every Object Came Alive

Real Ghost Stories

The Night Every Object Came Alive

 

I deem it imperative before proceeding to share my experience to appreciate the creator (s) /developers of this blog/site. It gives me the chills and keeps me from boredom, although it compounds my insomnia I love it all the same.

Now here goes my experience; I was 6 or 7 and still slept on the same bed with my parents because at that point in time I was the only child and my mum was not ready to let me out of her sight, no matter what. So this particular night, for some reason I was not feeling sleepy as I laid in the middle of my father and mother. It was about 3:05 am in the morning, we had a digital clock in the room so I am precise about the time this bizarre occurrence took place. Sleep had eluded me and I was just gazing into empty space when all of a sudden everything in-animate in the room became alive. My Michael Angelo figure toy (Cartoon character from TMNT) was waving at me with this ominous evil smile on its face. The calendar on the wall was swinging forcefully from left to right, this was strange as there was no air coming in from anywhere. Everything was literally alive; either they were moving or vibrating. Now what got me even more scared was all of a sudden 3 cats appeared at the foot of our bed and were running in circles (As if the first cat was pursuing the second, and the second pursuing the third in a circular motion) This continued for a minute and they all sort of merged and transformed into a big black snake with red eyes. The eyes of the serpent was pure evil. I didn't even need the moon light to see the eyes. Its glow was bright and piercing. At that point I had seen enough & I shouted at the top of my voice. This woke my parents; my dad rushed and switched on the light & to my surprise everything awkward had returned to normal, the snake had vanished, the calendar wasn't swinging anymore, the Figure toy wasn't waving nor smiling at me anymore, everything had returned to normal.

I narrated my experience to my parents and they prayed for me. Needless to say, they set ablaze my Michael Angelo toy and the calendar. The average Nigerian is extremely superstitious would you blame them? This country is a habitation of wickedness, evil spirits, very dark sorcery and whatnot.

Please if you have had any experience remotely similar to these or know what happened to me please share in the comment section. I am 21 now & have never experienced anything as bizarre. It would mean a lot to me if someone with experience can explain this to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Celestina007, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hawkseye12002 (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-05)
Is it possible that you had a fever at that time? Fevers, when they spike high enough, have been known to produce hallucinations. If not feverish, were you on any types of medication at the time?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-03)
Hello there. To my understanding, young souls are very "open". I mean open in a way that your mind is open to many possibilities, and the mind, my friend, is VERY powerful. So this is just my jab at this according to my own gatherings of the paranormal and my years of trying to understand it. I think that night as you layed there relaxed as any 7 year old could be, like people in deep meditation, your energy field was open. This gave whatever evil that was lurking around it's chance to try to mess with you. But, luckily your courage/faith gave you enough to scream for your parents and your smart parents LOL God Bless them, was quick to action.

Once again, this is just my own opinion. Thank you for sharing ❤
roylynx (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-02)
Hmm... Interesting experience!
My aunt once told me something similar during her childhood.
She lived in a tin shack house with my mother and my grandfather from my mother's side.

She thought she saw her only doll which was placed at her bedside table shaking its head hard, and then fell off the table. She woke up to try to pick it up but then the walls of the house rattled as if someone was outside shaking it hard. Spooky indeed, but yes, just like you nothing else had happened.

I too have had encountered an orb touching my hair, then on, nothing obvious had happened to me, yes, you could say that nothing else had happened to me too so far.

Reports of such to my knowledge is either a spirit going pass or just a psychokinesis that was performed mindlessly, no, no science proof or actual explanations just some stuff my friend's uncle had scrapped together from his long carrier as an investigator. Sometime I find them logical and so I am sharing them to you.

E.Lynx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-02)
Hi Celestina, welcome to YGS.

That sure was spooky! Though, in my opinion, it looks more like a dream. It's possible that you were falling asleep and at the same time fighting to stay awake, that's why you were so aware of your surroundings and the images you saw looked so real.

I like when parents listen to their children and don't deny the existence of ghosts and paranormal stuff in general but it is important to teach them to first try to figure out all the logical explanations for an unexplained event before going into panic mood.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: