You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: "oh Yup There She Is!"

Real Ghost Stories

"oh Yup There She Is!"

 

My friend lived in the oldest house in the town we lived in. Her house was the first house to ever be built in the town. So we always made jokes about it being haunted as hell and how we could hear things. It never really scared us but we didn't dare taunt them either.

She would have some weird dreams where she couldn't fully wake up, but there was a dark figure leaning over her. One night when I was over (I slept on the floor) she asked me the next morning if I had sat up for a little while. I of course told her no, that I had actually slept pretty well that night. Her face went pale telling me she woke up in the middle of the night and saw someone sitting up right, right where I was lying and sleeping. Mostly at night stuff happened, when you're barely awake, but one day it was the middle of the day and we both saw it.

She and I had been hanging out and I was bringing her home. It was about 2 or 3 in the afternoon, so it was daylight out still. I pulled into her driveway and she said she wanted to wait to make sure someone was home so she wasn't locked out. So she texted her mom and her dad and we jammed out in my car while we waited for a response. Then we saw her mom look out the window at us, probably heard my music, and we both waved to her; "Oh yup there she is!" my friend said as she gathered her stuff and began getting out of my car. We said our goodbyes and I made my way home.

Once I got home I noticed I had a text from that same friend and it read;

"So the door was unlocked and I came inside and nobody is here. I looked EVERYWHERE in this house. You saw my mom look out the window at us too, didn't you?" I did... I had some issues staying over night there for a little while after that. Not to mention a year or so later, her mom called us freaking out wondering where we were one day, because apparently she yelled to us upstairs asking us if we were hungry for dinner and if she should make something and we answered. Then when she went up the stairs to talk to us, no one was there.

Other hauntings by ERINISAWESOME

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ERINISAWESOME, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

ERINISAWESOME (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-22)
There isn't going to a part 2, as her family doesn't live there anymore and that's really all the experiences I've had there. I have had other experiences at my parents home (quite a few actually) and at the place where I babysit, which I intend to write about once I find some time. I like to have time to write them so that I can write them well!

Thank you guys for taking such an interest in my story, I didn't really even think anyone would even see it, let alone read it! So thank you!
ERINISAWESOME (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-22)
Jubeele,

The person did not wave back, no.
Her mother thought we were home because my friend had told her I was coming over, but we decided to go to Walmart first. So she yelled up the stairs to us thinking we were there like we said we were going to be, and she said it sounded like a girl answering her just yelling "yeah!" back down to her. So she started getting something ready to eat and went up stairs to talk to us and no one was home at all, she was in the house alone.
ERINISAWESOME (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-22)
Jubeele and Melda,

It was day time so we just saw the silhouette of someone leaning over to peer out of the window. It was very obviously a woman; the thin neck and hair to about their shoulders. It was a real quick glimpse, and it was one of those smaller windows that would be over a sink in the kitchen type of thing. It wasn't unusual for her mother to look out the window when someone pulled up into the driveway anyway so we didn't pay it much attention. At first she thought there may have been an intruder in her home when she couldn't find any family members, but she said she looked EVERYWHERE and said there was no one, nor was there any signs of someone rummaging around.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-14)
Greetings ERINISAWESOME. Like the others, I'm so glad that you responded.

I was a little frustrated as I had one burning question - 'Is there going to be a part 2'?

I liken this to reading a really good story, getting to the end and then finding this was part 1 of a trilogy... Nooooooo.

I do realize that, in real life people move on and the end is sometimes unclear. Just got to hope it's a happy ending. 😁
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-14)
Hello ERINISAWESOME, so glad to hear from you!

I have the same question as Melda about the moment when you "saw" your friend's mom in the window. Did she wave back or acknowledge you in any way?

Then a year later when her mom called to you upstairs, if no one was home, what made her think you were upstairs? Were the words in the answer typical of how you would respond; did they sound like either of you at all?

I wonder if any of the neighbours have similar incidents at their place, but it just hasn't registered that it was out of the ordinary. Does anyone remember any of the previous occupants having any strange happenings too?

As you tell, your experience has captured our imaginations. Thanks for responding to us.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-14)
ERINISAWESOME - I am SO pleased that you decided to respond. You were entitled to make the choice of not reading the comments. Although we shouldn't, we readers become a bit frustrated with that though, especially when somebody posts an interesting experience such as yours and we would like a little more detail.

What I would like to know is this: You say the two of you saw your friend's mother and waved to her. Did you just assume it was her mother or did you in fact positively recognise the overall appearance of her mother?

Regards, Melda
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-14)
Hi ERINISAWESOME,
Thanks for sharing your story. It's great to hear from you and to have you participate here on the YGS site. Welcome.

Emma
ERINISAWESOME (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-14)
Hey readers. I didn't realize that reading the comments and participating was that big of a deal on here. I just thought that I would share my story for people to read and enjoy. If you're having questions, I wouldn't mind answering them at all!
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
6 years ago (2017-11-13)
MississippiPearl,
Actually, I think the only time we question the 'no errors' is when the OP 'speaks' extremely different in the comments. I know as a mod for this site, a well written, error free submission causes us to high five the air and sing a chorus of Hallelujah! (Or maybe that's just me...) Yet, since we're human we're bound to err at some point (a wee typo, or some grammatical 'oops') and I'm okay with that.
Please, don't sweat the number of comments your story gets. Often folks read and simply don't comment.
MississippiPearl (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-13)
I am very new to this site and have had only one story published so far. I appreciate the feedback I received, even if it was only two comments. If I were to submit a story with no errors, I would hope my fellow YGS members don't think I'm being untruthful, as Rex-T suggested. I happen to write for a living. I'm starting to recognize some of your names as I read through the comments. It's awesome how you all respond to the authors. This is a great site.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
lady-glow, that's a very real possibility. Especially when many even fail to read the submission guidelines. I mean the clicking, not the retreat lol.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
Valkricry: thanks for your always deep insight, though, I think you are missing one more possibility for some posters deciding not to read the comments: they are going to take part in a spiritual retreat, lasting two years, at the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, without internet access and away from any form of technology.

Now, seriously, I wonder if the order in which the 'expectations regarding our users comments' are to blame for some of those cases where the posters "won't be reading the comments", only to show up making us feel bad for having an unwelcoming and negative reaction.

I wonder if the option stating "I won't be reading the comments" were the last one in the list would make a difference.

Perhaps some posters just select the first option at hand without even reading what it says... I know I always press the "Accept" button when trying to connect to the WiFi in the mall or some other establishment, but never read the conditions and agreements part.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion.

Erin: in case you read the comments, I really enjoyed your story.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
Ah, Rex - part of that I can answer. Many register and submit the same day because they only registered TO be able to submit. I call this the "I need to tell somebody" syndrome. 😉 Being as I happen to be the one who edited this particular submission, I can say, that we mods do try to correct as many mistakes as we can (if there are any.) Believe it or not, sometimes folks really do edit their own stuff before submitting, using word check and everything! 😲 lol
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
Val - thanks for the timely reminder. Pardon our cheekiness. 😳

Apologies to ERINISAWESOME! I hope you do decide to participate though. It still is an interesting story. I have so many questions about it...
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
All, Valkricry makes a valid point, if it was a new experience the OP may still be in shock, so they're not ready to discuss or possibly not thinking clearly about the events.
I have got a question or two, for instance the date of registration and submition being on the same day. Is that a usual occurrence? Maybe I'm reading too much into this because it was submitted the day before Halloween.
Also, the story is well written (no spelling, grammar mistakes, no abbreviations LOL). Hey, but what would I know, I'm still only a grasshopper.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+3
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
Dear Ladies (and any Laddies whom might be interested),
There's many reasons someone may not wish to participate in the discussion or even read the comments. It doesn't mean their experience is fabrication. (I know you all know that.)
Personally, from MY point of view I don't see it as a 'pointless exercise', except from the commenting aspect. I do find it rather sad, I guess is the word, though, because to me they feel the NEED to 'get it out there' but don't wish to learn or grow from their experience (assuming it's true.) Or they really, really want to claim a paranormal experience, but fear their bubble being busted through examination. They don't want to hear any possibility that it wasn't paranormal.
Perhaps they've been accused of lying SO often over their experiences, that, even though we're a ghost site, they fear being ridiculed. I still remember my apprehension over my first submission. Even though I knew I'd written truth as I see it, I was not at all sure how it would be received. I remember feeling that way over quite a few of my submissions in the beginning. It took me a long time to accept that I was accepted. Does that make sense?
All that aside, when someone refuses to discuss their experience, it does give us a place to put those 'too small' for a submission, but similar experiences.
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
Greetings lady-glow, Myst and Melda, as a matter of interest, has anyone seen the latest roster for who's on Troll Patrol this week? 😜
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
lady-glow and Myst - I have finally learnt to read the section regarding the author's expectations before I read the story. If they aren't even prepared to read the comments, posting their experience on YGS is rather a pointless exercise. Offering an opinion is a total waste of time. Okay now I have commented - but it's to the two of you not the OP!

Regards, Melda
Myst (63 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
I always wonder why people choose to post if they won't bother to read comments or join the discussion. It always makes me question if this a case for The Troll Patrol.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
Oh yup... I got discouraged to even read this story once I knew the OP won't be reading the comments. 🙄

...so heart breaking... 💔😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: