You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: He Came Home With My Son

Real Ghost Stories

He Came Home With My Son

 

To begin I have to tell you about my 17 year old son. I will call him T. From the time he could talk, he was always telling me and my husband about people that were around that we could not see. I can remember him talking in his room and I would go in and ask him who he was talking to and he would tell me certain people. At our home it was always some family member that had passed on. Usually my dad. He would tell me things that there were in no way he could have known. By the time he had turned 5 it was getting lesser and lesser that these things happened and by the the time he was 7, it all stopped.

Well this is about time my experience happened. T was in second grade and we had to change schools that year because of zoning. So this was his first year at this school. Now this school is the oldest operating school in our town. It was his second day and he came home on the bus and everything was fine. We all went to bed that night and when my alarm went off the next morning, I got up to get T and his sister up to get ready for school. T's bedroom door is across the hall and a little to the left from mine. I keep my TV on at night so when I got up to open T's door, the hall was very dimly lit. I reach for his doorknob and I noticed what I thought was T sitting in the hall leaned up against the wall with a backpack. He had on what looked like a light blue shirt and the back pack was read. I said T, what are you doing? He then got up and walked down the hall to the living room. I then walked to the living room and turned on the light. He was not in the living room, dining room, kitchen, and there were no doors that opened and closed. I was very confused.

I went back to T's room opened the door and he was asleep in his bed. I woke T up and and his sister up and got them off to school. I replayed that in my head all day and the more I thought about it, that little boys face did not even look like T. I never mentioned what I saw to T for a long time.

I am guessing this little boy's spirit was roaming the school and found a friendly soul in T and followed him home. I guess he went back to school with him because I never saw him again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, truffles, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

truffles (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-16)
Just want to thank everyone for your comments and interest in my experience. Also thanks for the warm welcome to YSG. I absolutely love this site.
truffles (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-16)
Melda,
Your idea of what may have happened has popped in my head too.

AugustaM
I have often thought about doing a little research but just haven't had the time it seems. It might would turn out very interesting.
truffles (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-13)
lady-glow

Yes, I have talked to him about it maybe a couple of years later and he really didn't have much to say about it. He does say he remembers seeing people that we could not and he thinks it was cool. He only had one incident that he was scared. (As far as I know.) T does not see them anymore, or like I said as far as I know. If he does he does not mention it.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
Not all child spirits are dangerous puppets. There are plenty of accounts of child spirits being playful and completely benign - I would posit that the benign accounts outnumber anything more sinister.

It would be interesting to ask around long-term employees of the school to see if they have anything to add and check newspapers for the death of a student...
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
Hi Truffles- I believe because children, especially T was very open thus the spirit child followed him. I would not doubt if T saw and spoke to him, leaving him a friend for a day or so. He was probably lonely and just wanted to have someone to see and hear him sometimes. Thank goodness he did not hurt T. I have learned children spirits often do not know how to crossover and quite often enough are controlled by other stronger entitiies as well. Depending on the location they are stuck. I hope he has since moved on. Spirit children always makes me so sad. Thanks ks for sharing.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
truffles - I agree that the little boy's spirit was more than likely roaming the school. I wonder how he died and whether he even realised that his time on this earth was over. How confusing that would have been for him. I truly hope that he has now crossed over to a good place.

You say he had a backpack. This makes me think that perhaps something happened to him on his way to or from school. Maybe even at the school itself.

Possibly this little boy followed a number of friendly looking kids home. It could be that other parents, or the children themselves, had momentary sight of him but simply brushed it off as imagination.

Really interesting 😊

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-11)
Welcome to YGS.

Truffles: what a fascinating experience!
I agree with you about this little boy following T.

"... I never mentioned what I saw to T for a long time."

I assume you have talked to him about that incident, what did he say?
Does your son still talk to spirits?

Thanks for sharing such an interesting story. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: