You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Doggy Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Doggy Dreams

 

Been a while YGS! What better day to submit than Halloween 🎃. This experience belongs to my dog, and witnessed by me and the Mr. My sister in law had a 8 years old dog, Bobo. Bobo is one of those dogs that you either love him or you don't, mainly because he was not the friendliest of dogs. It seems his life mission was just to be with my sister in law. He has no interest in doing anything except be glued to his mom. Perhaps it was the way he was raised or just who knows. He did show love to those who loved him, like to me. Anyway, Bobo passed away suddenly one evening when no one was home and it was really sad for the family. I always called him uncle Bo because he always acted more like an older man rather than a pup. His daddy made him a coffin and buried him on their property by some trees. After his burial, the same evening, I believe my dog had a dream of Bobo saying goodbye. My pup is 2 years old and has never cried in her dreams or made any noises. Just the usual nose twitching, paws running, and body movement. It was late in the evening around 9 pm my dog was taking a nap on our bed. I was in my washroom doing whatever with the door open, my husband on the computer desk. All in the same room (bathroom is ensuite). Out of nowhere we hear this high pitched wailing or sirens or something, and it went OWWWWwwwwWwooOOoooo. I came running out of the bathroom in time to see my husband also looking for the source of the sound, and we both closed it in on my dog, who was still lying there with her eyes closed. She howled her very sad howl, which we have never heard before, and went back to bed without actually waking up. I have taught her to howl before but it doesn't sound like that. And she doesn't do it easily. I have to howl along with her for a good 20 seconds before she would join in.

This was a very sad cry and you can FEEL her pain! I was very sad to hear her cry and I did not want my puppy to be in any pain, even emotional. So I woke her up and she looked very confused with wet eyes. Before, when I used to ask her "where is Bobo?" Her ears would perk up and she would go look for him even though we do not live in the same house. After her dream, I asked her where is Bobo? And her ears never perked up again and she does not go looking for him any more. I just tried right now as I am typing this story. She just gives me a blank look and go on begging for my food.

Sorry if you were expecting a scary one, hope you were not too disappointed lol. Happy Halloween!

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
Hi Redwolf- thx for reading. Also thank you for sharing your personal heartbreaking experience with us. I cannot imagine having to lose so many fur babies all in a few years 😢 they are sent to make life more pleasant. ❤
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
Animals grieve just as humans do. I'm an animal lover and have had many dogs.
When I had Jethro put down because of cancer I noticed D and the other dogs looking for him for awhile. When I had to have D down the next spring because he was old and arthritic I said Zim isn't going to last 6 months now. I wish I never uttered those words. He loved D and I noticed that he started to lose weight a couple of weeks later but he had been over weight prior so I figured he was in a funk like I was. In July and Zim couldn't get up, it took him 3 hours to get from my room to the living room. I tearfully made an appointment to euthanize him. I called my husband and I told him what was transpiring. Of course he's the great procrastinator for doing this and we got into the usual argument, he always wants me to wait, I told him no. Zim was in a lot of pain. Later after the vet had euthanized Zim I realized that it was 1 day after the 1st anniversary of Jethro's death.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-15)
Baby goat puller - I shall try! Truth is, I pop in to read here and there. I just do not have post much, probably no advice or lazy 😊 Will be sticking my nose in here and there. ❤
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-15)
notjustme-
I was so happy to see you return to us! ❤ Hope everything's alright. You were gone for too long.

I've had so many sheep and goats and SO many babies from them. I could write a book with all the thrills and heartbreak I've had with them.

So glad you're back! Don't be gone so long like that again.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-15)
Emmaline-
She did raise it as her own. Wouldn't let her out of her sight for about 6 months! The lambs usually get kicked off at about 3 or 4 months but she had wanted a baby so bad for so long she let her nurse an extra couple of months. I did put the other twin in with her to see if she'd accept him. She semi-adopted him but she wouldn't let him nurse, try as he might she wasn't having it. But she wouldn't let me take him out of the pen so at least he had a mama that wanted him. 😊 ❤
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-14)
Babygoatpuller - hello old friend. What a wonderful story and not gross at all for me. What a great thing you did. Poor orphan goat LOL probably wondering what on earth is this human doing?! Lol... Beautiful switcheroo. I think your goat knew but decided hey. If life gives you lemons, feed it ❤
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-14)
babygoatpuller - Aw, when an animal cries, they're heartbroken. I've seen it. And it's not gross to talk about putting the scent on an orphan, it's just a fact of life in Texas. I'm so glad you gave Delilah a baby to love. Did she raise it as her own? ❤ You've got a great heart. That's rare.
Emma
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-14)
No disappointment at all notjustme. I think your instincts are correct. ALL animals have souls and feel things much as we do.

I had a ewe named Delilah that wanted to be a mom so bad but had a very hard time staying pregnant. Finally after 4 years she carried her lamb to term only to have a stillborn. It was such a hard and long labor I had to call the vet out. It took her some time to get anywhere and as I sat there watching the vet with Delilah's head on my lap, she looked up at me and there was one tear rolling down her face and then another and I just cried with her.

I had two 1-1/2 week old orphaned lambs that I was bottle feeding in another pen. There mom died a couple of days after they were born. I looked over at the lambs and back at Delilah and had a great idea! I grabbed the afterbirth of the dead lamb and rubbed it all over one of the orphans. She was NOT happy. Lol. Then I pulled a switcheroo and exchanged the dead baby for the live one. Delilah was stand offish for a bit and kept looking at me like she knew something wasn't right but after sniffing up the baby a few times, she started nudging her to eat and that little lamb started nursing like she hadn't eaten for a week!

Sorry this is so gross but when you live on a farm, things like this come naturally. Just wanted to convey that yes, animals are aware of what's going on and they most definitely have feelings just like we do. 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
Jubalee and Emma - that is so sad! 😢 I feel it must be extra hard on them in some ways because they cannot talk about. Just a lone wolf howl. It is amazing how we can feel their despair, isn't it?
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-11)
Notjustme - Your story is so sweet and so sad. Anyone who says that animals don't have souls has to be mistaken in my book. I hope that you cuddled your baby for a few days after that to help her deal with losing Uncle Bo.

The howling reminds me of when I got my border collie, Cowboy. He was a grimy little furball who was chasing cattle on his family's ranch until we scooped his muddy little butt in my Jeep. He slept for about half an hour of the ride. Then he sat up and with all the power a tiny puppy could muster, he howled one long despairing note. He mourned because he'd never see the other puppies and his parents again. I burst into tears it was so heartbreaking. I cuddled him into my lap all the way home and he's never made that sound again. Dogs do grieve. Thanks for your story. ❤
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-11)
Animals do grieve. My aunt had been living with my cousin during her final years. When she passed away, Ginger the chihuahua (her favourite) kept going to the bedroom hoping to find her. Each time she would come out looking so dejected. Finally, she seemed to realise my aunt wasn't coming back and howled for a while. She wouldn't eat for the rest of that day either.

Reading this made me teary too. 😢 Thanks for sharing.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-11)
Lady-glow: that is so sweet. You are right. They do deserve much more credit for their senses and love. Those who are closely bonded to their pets just KNOW when they feel grief.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-11)
Such a touching story. I think we tend to give animals less credit that they deserve.
It is obvious that your puppy understand that there's no point in trying to find Bobo anymore.

Your story reminds of a day back in Mexico, when my aunt's cat got hit by a car and died on the road, they removed the carcass and buried him in their yard. Later that day, my uncle took the dog for a walk and, when walking by the spot where the cat got hit, the dog smelled the ground and began howling in great sorrow.

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading your experience.💓

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: