You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Old Man in the House

Real Ghost Stories

Old Man in the House

 

I live and work in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. But this took place in Goa, India, where I went down for a vacation with my 2 daughters, my younger sister and her boyfriend. It was July 2006, when we have the rainy season in India. We left from Mumbai at 5:30am in the morning and by the time we reached Goa, it was about 4:00pm, we were to live in my sister's boyfriend newly purchased house, which they used for vacation purposes only, which meant the house stood empty most of the time. After much cleaning of the house, we went to a nearby restaurant for dinner. By the time we got home, we were all so exhausted from the traveling and cleaning, that everybody fell asleep as soon as they put their heads on the pillow.

In the middle of the night, I was woken up by someone stroking my hair. I got up and looked at my sister and her boyfriend, because he was naughty and always up to mischief, but they both were fast asleep. I laid down again and tried to close my eyes, and again I felt someone touch my head, in a very loving manner. I freaked out and slept (or stayed awake) the remainder of the night near my sister and her boyfriend's feet.

The next afternoon I told my sister and her boyfriend about this and she told me that she felt a presence in the bathroom when she was bathing, it was as if someone was watching her. This watched over feeling was very strong in the kitchen and bathroom. I never felt threatened by it, but I did not like the "being watched over" feeling, especially in the bathroom. My sister's boyfriend got really freaked and would not go to the toilet or bathroom without my sister. We stayed there for 4 nights, but I never slept even for 1 night. The last night we were there, I actually saw a shadow peering at us from the kitchen. Maybe it was just saying goodbye. My sister and I always felt this entity was a male, and a old one too.

Hope you liked this story, please comment.

Other hauntings by Bliss006

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Thanks for your comment discerninguser, the boyfriend's family being devout christians would not do any such things as putting up pictures and statues in the house. Thanks for trying to help though.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
it would seem like a benign ghost presence, but creepy all the same... Maybe your sister's boyfriend should enquire into the background of the house and he will come upon something... I would recommend a pooja to be conducted in the house and a mandir (small temple) installed in the kitchen... Have photos of gods such as Ma Durga in each one of the rooms and hang photo of Dattatreya above the entrance of the house (but on the outside) as he is said to guard the house against evil entities... Tulsi plant is also said to be beneficial in driving away such negative influences... However I also felt it very funny that the boyfriend who was supposed to protect and support you was the most cowardly person and your sister actually had to stand guard outside toilet and bathroom while he was using it!
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
a creepy story. If what you say is true, you could've tried to inquire about the past of that house. Then you would've got some idea about what was happening
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
[at] ddeeps136 - thanks for your comment, the house where the event took place is in Borda.
ddeeps136 (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
hi rossica,
I stay in goa (panjim), the story was very scary, may I know which place did it happen?

Deepack.
Email: ddeeps136 [at] gmail.com
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
very well retelling of story and fine you are enjoying as you said you are still teasing
Scary boy
Bunny (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
You said they touched your head in a loving manner? Maybe it was a relative or somoebody watching over you... Or maybe the previous owner who didn't have kids!Maybe.I find it borderline halarious to find the GUY was the most freeked
Gurleen (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-04)
I have this feeling ALL THE TIME! I walk into the room and I have to look back I am tired of this. But we did find out that there is a spirit ot harmfull but isn't good either.
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-25)
the same thing happens to me at night. I feel someone watching me, and even feel someone stroking my hair...
Nitin Bhalla (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-25)
uuuuuuummmmmmmmmm.......... I feels d same...
i know there is NO one ... but... I feel someone
.....desperate to see ....to see WHAT WILL BE NEXT.....!
Golda (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-02-14)
Hey that is really creepy! but at least nothing really freaky happened.
lovable_outcast (4 stories) (10 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-14)
I also hate that "wathed-over" feeling...it makes you self-consicous about everything you do, I also find it funny that the boyfriend seemed the most scared.
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-14)
That's true, we are still teasing him about it. He never going to be able to live it down. lol
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-13)
Funny how the mischievous boyfriend seemed the most scared in all this. Guys.. they don't believe this stuff but when it actually happens, they're the most traumatized. lol.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: