You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Lying Beside Me

Real Ghost Stories

Something Lying Beside Me

 

Before I start this story I should tell you a little of what I've experienced. Since I was born ghosts have been drawn to me, it's like I'm a magnet for them. I've also seen them most of my life and I've had physic experiences, experienced sleep paralysis and have also been attacked. I'll be posting on this site quite often to share my experiences with you.

Now to my most recent experience.

I've been feeling very drained and tired lately, so I've recently started taking naps in the evening. As I went for my nap tonight I felt more drained than usual. I put the TV on and I slowly drifted off to sleep. I fell asleep for about half an hour when I woke up. I still felt a little drained so I decided to go back to sleep for another while. The TV is still on and I'm trying to get comfortable and get back to sleep. That's when I could feel someone or something lying next to me. My back started to tingle when it was lying next to me. I wasn't afraid in fact I felt absolutely fine with this thing lying next to me. I could feel its arm move up right beside my head; it felt like it was going to start playing with my hair. A couple of seconds later it moves its other hand up to my face. That's when I can feel these long, sharp, pointed nails on my cheek. I start to freak out so I push its hand away from my face trying to get it away from me. It wouldn't let me push it away but instead it tried to paralyse me but that doesn't work. My back starts to tingle again just for a couple of seconds but I stop it from paralysing me and sit up in bed but there's nothing there.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Other hauntings by DarkAngelx91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarkAngelx91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-22)
Thank you, Manafon1! And my apologies for my rotten memory, Emmaline! ❤
DarkAngelx91 (11 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
EmmalineTexas - Thanks for your comment. Thank you for the suggestion but I'm not a religious person, never have been. So I probably won't be doing that. And don't worry I'm not offended by your suggestion. I'm glad you mentioned it.
DarkAngelx91 (11 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
Manafon1 - Thanks I'll check it out 😊 it sounds like an interesting story to read.
DarkAngelx91 (11 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
AugustaM - Thank you for sharing your experience with me. That was a very interesting experience you had. Okay, I'll check it out. It could be the reason I've felt drained recently. I mean I get enough sleep during the night and work isn't really stressful. So I didn't really understand why I was feeling so drained.
DarkAngelx91 (11 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
Melda - Thanks for your comment. I know what you're saying and I know where you're coming from. I've too had sleep paralysis before but this was really different. It felt like it was maybe trying to comfort me. I don't think it wanted me to freak out when I went to move it away from me because it tried to paralyse me. I've trained myself over the years how to get out of sleep paralysis so I can get out of it when it happens.
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
DarkAngel91 - I did have something similar happen but I never felt threatened. The part about the claws worries me. I would be tempted to seal my house with prayer and oil - pray and touch oil simultaneously to every entrance to your house. It's a barrier against any evil coming in. OF course, I don't know your religion, so excuse me if I offend in any way. Another thing I do is to ask for protection around me as I sleep. I read a story once where someone had done this and he woke up to see horrible beings trying to get to him but there was a bubble of light around him preventing them from getting near. I hope that this helps.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
Wow - "remember" and "EmmalineTexas" are the proper spellings. There seems to be a ghost in my ipad 😉.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
Augusta and Dark Angel - The similar account Augusta couldn't renember the title of was posted by EmnalineTexas and is titled "Someone Under The Covers With Me". A very interesting account it is too!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
We have a ghostie that frequently comes into our bedroom. I never see him but I can always hear or feel him. The first time he got into bed with me, I didn't hear him come in and I didn't hear him get on the bed - he was just suddenly there. I didn't feel afraid but it was almost as though he wasn't allowing me to. He was laying behind me pressed up against my back - he felt overwhelmingly warm. In my mind's eye, I could vividly see a human form in the bed behind me. I 'watched' as he propped himself up on his elbow to look down on my face. Then he leaned over and kissed my cheek. After that, he laid back down again and stayed until I drifted off to sleep.

This is the same experience I mentioned in the comments of a similar account recently posted - you would probably find it interesting, DarkAngel - but I'll be hog tied if I can find it or come up with a search term unique enough to pin it down! Maybe our fellow YGS-ers can pick up where my rotten memory has failed! In the account, the OP was experiencing back pain I think so they opted to sleep on the floor in the living room when something laid down and cuddled in behind them...

Anyway - this thing sounds as though it might not be entirely benign given those claws - do you think it might be part of the reason you have been feeling so drained?
roylynx (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-19)
Interesting!
Actually recently I did experience things like that...
Thinkable things are, it's the symptoms of stress and tiredness.
Sometime we have hallucinations, which are due to our unconscious mind. Something like a dream but the difference is that we are half awake, something like in-between a dream and reality.

Hope that help a little

E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-19)
DarkAngel - Well you seem to be totally convinced that what you experienced was not sleep paralysis.

On a few occasions I have experienced what I thought to be my husband getting into bed with me but when I opened my eyes there would be nobody there. This spirit never touched me, however. Fortunately I knew who it was as he spent a very long time in my home as a "guest" and I had also seen him in my house. After I told him, in a rather forceful manner, that my bed was off limits to him, he didn't do it again.

I've heard of similar events quite often, where some spirits become touchy-feely and others simply lie on a bed with somebody, for some reason of their own.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: